DAY 1 Thursday – Brisbane to Goondiwindi (MT,L,D)
Departing Brisbane Transit Centre on Roma Street, we make our way to Warwick where we spend time at Abbey of the Roses for a guided tour and lunch. We continue west, arriving at Goondiwindi Cotton, a fashion house icon, to learn about the cotton industry and browse the racks for some bargains. 1 Night Stay: Best Western Ascot Lodge, Goondiwindi
DAY 2 Friday – Tamworth (B,MT,L)
Today all roads lead to the Tamworth Country Music Festival, Australia’s largest music festival with over 4000 different performances or gigs, and over 600 buskers in Peel Street alone, providing a diverse range of entertainment day and night. If you wish to book and pre-purchase tickets for a special concert, you can phone the Tamworth Information Centre (Ph: 02 6767 5300) to arrange your tickets. We arrive and check-in to our hotel for three nights. Tonight, the Gold Class tour will attend the opening night concert at Bicentennial Park and Diamond Class will attend a value-added surprise evening show provided by Fun Over Fifty. 3 Night Stay: Best Western Sanctuary Inn, Tamworth
DAYS 3/4 Saturday/Sunday – Tamworth (B)
Enjoy two days of the talents, sights and sounds of the Tamworth Country Music Festival- it’s casual, it’s got stars and Golden Guitars! There are plenty of free concerts in stores, local clubs and arcades, as well as talented buskers, line dancing, and bush poets. The Coca-Cola concerts in the Park run daily (11am to 4pm) all under shaded cover. Saturday night Fun Over Fifty has included a value-added evening show for both Diamond Class and Gold Class. Sunday night the Diamond Class tour attends the closing night concert at Bicentennial Park whilst Gold Class enjoy their second eveningshow provided by Fun Over Fifty.
DAY 5 Monday – Kempsey, South West Rocks (B,L,D)
Departing Tamworth, we continue with country making a stop at the Slim Dusty Centre in Kempsey to pay homage to one of the greats of Australian music. Further up the coast we arrive for a night in South West Rocks. 1 Night Stay: Rockpool Motor Inn, South West Rocks
DAY 6 Tuesday – New Italy, Brisbane (B,L)
This morning we join an experienced guide and delve into the fascinating heritage of Trial Bay Gaol, dating back to 1886. Then, as we return for home, we stop for lunch at New Italy before crossing the border and returning to Brisbane Transit Centre.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Class||Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
|Class||Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
- Non-refundable deposit of $600pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- Due to the popularity of this event, final payment is due 31 October 2017, and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply. Bookings after this date are subject to availability.
- Due to day/night concerts and events, lunch and dinners are at own expense during the festival.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 1 (EASY) – These tours are at a more relaxed pace and generally we unpack once. You don’t have to worry about doing anything physically demanding unless you want to. The tour is primarily coach travel but the day tours may have content that require disembarking vessels/vehicles with stairs to which you have to do unaided. Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in guided or unguided small walking tours at a relaxed pace
• Walk on mostly level ground
• Tackle an occasional flight of stairs or incline
• Occasionally need to stand for up to 10 minutes
• Get on and off transportation unaided
• Manage your own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Luxury ‘Gold Class’ or elite ‘Diamond Class’ coach touring ex Brisbane
- Guided tour and lunch at the Abbey of the Roses ex convent
- Visit Goondiwindi Cotton for talk and time to purchase
- 1 night Goondiwindi
- 3 nights Tamworth at centrally located motel, just a short walk from the city centre
- 2 ½ days Tamworth Country Music Festival
- 2 surprise evening shows included on Saturday and Sunday for Gold Class tour
- 2 surprise evening shows included on Friday and Saturday for Diamond Class tour
- Souvenir music festival official program
- Slim Dusty Centre, Kempsey
- 1 night South West Rocks
- Guided tour of Trial Bay Gaol
- Lunch and visit to New Italy