DAY 1. Saturday – ARRIVE NORFOLK ISLAND (Refreshment in-flight, D)
Depart on Air New Zealand from Brisbane International Airport to Norfolk Island Airport. Upon arrival we will be greeted with a welcome to the historic island and transferred to our hotel, checking in to garden view rooms. Tonight we gather to enjoy a welcome dinner at the resort. 7 Night Stay: Paradise Hotel & Resort, Norfolk Island
DAY 2. Sunday – ORIENTATION TOUR (B,L,D)
This morning we take an orientation tour of Norfolk Island, enjoying views of the beautiful scenery and hearing about the rich history and heritage of the island. Visit historic Kingston, Cascade, Longridge, Emily Bay and the Melanesian Chapel. Morning tea is served in the gardens of the historic home built by Fletcher Quintal – descendant of the Bounty mutineers. Dinner tonight is at our resort.
DAY 3. Monday – 4WD TOUR & PROGRESSIVE DINNER PARTY (B,L,D)
Today the group will alternate to join the Island Adventures 4WD tour. Climb aboard the 4WD bus for a pioneering adventure off the beaten tracks. A state of the art Norfolk Island experience, we share authentic insights of Norfolk’s unexplored valleys, ridges, coastlines and private properties. This evening we meet for sunset cocktails and canapés at the hotel before we progress to different Norfolk Island family homes as a great way to meet local people and sample some of the local produce at a progressive dinner party.
DAY 4. Tuesday – KINGSTON & FISH FRY (B,L,D)
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast this morning, and then take some time to explore Norfolk Island at your own pace before re-grouping at the hotel for lunch. This afternoon we’re off on a Convict Settlement tour for an in depth tour of the historic settlement of Kingston. Visiting the cemetery, we learn the history of convict and colonial headstones and stories of the houses along Quality Row. Walk through the ruins of the New Gaol and see the Pier Store, Boat Shed and Crank Mill. Tonight we watch the sun set from one of the majestic clifftops on Norfolk’s beautiful western coastline, as we enjoy a fish fry feast of island dishes and some local entertainment.
DAY 5. Wednesday – BUSHWALK, ISLAND CULTURE TOUR, WONDERLAND BY NIGHT (B,L,AT,D)
This morning we take the leisurely 3.5km breakfast bushwalk tour meandering through scenic Mt Bates to Captain Cook Monument, ending at the clifftops for a delicious breakfast barbeque. After lunch, we join the island culture tour to learn aspects of island style home cooking, the heritage of Norfolk language and see demonstrations of island weaving and woodturning. Tonight we dine at the resort, before visiting Wonderland by Night, to walk amongst the forest of enchanting illuminated Norfolk Pines listening to bush poetry written by Bounty mutineer descendant ‘Archie Biggs’. **Please note: Bushwalk is a Level 3 Physical Rating and is optional.
Day 6. Thursday – FREE MORNING, HILLI GOAT TOUR (B,L,D)
Enjoy a leisurely morning relaxing at the hotel or indulge in retail therapy, visiting the nearby shops. You could also make your way next door to view the circular painting Cyclorama, that blends a series of scenes, taking you on a journey depicting the history of the Norfolk Island people who are descended from the crew of the famous 1789 mutiny on the Bounty and their Tahitian companions. Their tale is told through storyboard panels which document the scenes of the painting – the voyage of the Bounty to Tahiti, the mutiny and the settlement of Norfolk Island. This afternoon we join the Hilli Goat tour, where we learn about the milking and cheese making process, wander the edible garden and meet the cheeky goats, before sitting down to a platter of freshly made delights. After sampling the local produce this afternoon, we enjoy a light dinner at the hotel.
DAY 7. Friday – BOAT CRUISE, CONVICT THEME NIGHT (B,L,AT,D)
This morning we ‘walk the plank’ to board the glass bottom boat cruise (tide dependant) to discover Norfolk’s lagoon marine life and coral gardens whilst cruising through the calm waters of Emily Bay. After lunch we join the Pitcairn Settlers Village tour to one of the last remaining original settler’s properties on the island, learning about the Pitcairn settlement, their history and culture. Tonight is our tour finale highlight as we dress in convict outfits (provided) for a ‘Night as a Convict’ and enjoy a fun-filled night of feasting, singing, dancing, laughter and convict mayhem!
DAY 8 Saturday – FLIGHTS HOME (B,L, Refreshment in-flight)
After our last hearty cooked breakfast on the island, we have time for some last minute shopping before gathering for a light lunch. We then make our way to the airport for our return flight to Brisbane. SEE YORLYE GANE!
B = Hot & Continental Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
||Register your interest
- EARLY BIRD DEAL! -
- Non-refundable deposit required to secure booking $1200pp
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour as a group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- Australian citizens require current photographic identification for travel to Norfolk Island, with the Australian Government preferred means of documentation, being a valid Australian Passport. Non-Australian citizens are required to seek independent advice regarding passport validity and entry visa, and ensure all is correct prior to travel to Norfolk Island.
- Prices and dates are correct as at 1 June 2020 and are based on the exchange rates at time of publication and may be adjusted if rate fluctuations affect the price to be paid for services. Any price increase is to be paid by the guest, and at this time, if guest chooses to cancel, all monies paid/held will be forfeited.
- International terms and conditions apply to Norfolk Island tours, requiring balance of payment for this tour 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit.
- Tour passengers will require a clearance letter (provided by Fun Over Fifty) from their local GP for travel.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage