DAY 1. Thursday – Depart Brisbane to South West Rocks (MT,L,D)
Departing Brisbane Transit Centre on Roma Street, we make our way south across theborder to break for lunch in New Italy before continuing on through Coffs Harbour to our overnight stay in South West Rocks. 1 Night Stay: Rockpool Motor Inn, South West Rocks
Day 2. Friday – Tamworth (B,L)
This morning we begin our country music experience in earnest with a stop at the Slim Dusty Centre in Kempsey where we pay homage to one of the greats of Australian music. From here we make tracks to the Tamworth Country Music Festival, Australia’s largest music festival with over 4000 different performances or gigs, and over 600 buskers in Peel Street alone, providing a diverse range of entertainment day and night. If you wish to book and pre-purchase tickets for a special concert, you can phone the Tamworth Information Centre (Ph: 02 6767 5300) to arrange your tickets. We arrive and check-in to our hotel for three nights. Tonight we attend the opening night concert at Bicentennial Park. 3 Night Stay: Best Western Sanctuary Inn, Tamworth. **Please note: Dinner is at own expense.
Day 3/4. Saturday/Sunday – Tamworth (B)
Enjoy two days of the talents, sights and sounds of the Tamworth Country Music Festival, including free concerts, talented buskers, bush poets, line dancing and the Coca-Cola concerts in the park which run daily from 11am to 4pm. On both days Fun Over Fifty has included a FREE evening show. Please note: These free shows are value added by us and cannot be refunded if you do not wish to attend. *Lunch and dinner are at own expense over the festival days. **Please note: Show program not available until December 2019.
Day 5. Monday – Tamworth to Armidale (B,L,D)
Leaving Tamworth, we make our way to the DAG Sheep Station in Nundle. Over lunch we enjoy our final toe-tapping country gig, then head north to Armidale, where we finish our day. 1 Night Stay: Cotswold Gardens, Armidale
Day 6.Tuesday – Brisbane (B,MT,L)
This morning we make our way to Tenterfield, where we visit historic Stannum House for morning tea and a tour. We continue on to Warwick, stopping at the Abbey of the Roses for lunch, before returning to the Brisbane Transit Centre.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $600pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- Due to the popularity of this event, final payment is due 25 September 2019, and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Bookings after this date are subject to availability.
- Due to day/night concerts and events, lunch and dinners are at own expense during the festival..
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) – Passengers must be able to:
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage