This itinerary has been designed with the Singapore climate in mind. To avoid being out in the heat of the day, we have scheduled activities in the mornings and evenings where possible, and have left the afternoons free to explore Singapore at your own pace.
DAY 1. Depart to Singapore (Meals In-Flight,D)
Depart on Singapore Airlines morning flight from Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney Airport to Singapore Changi International Airport. After clearing Singapore immigration and customs, we will be greeted with a welcome from our English speaking guide. We board the coach and transfer to our luxury hotel located in the heart of Singapore, checking-in to stylish classic harbour view rooms with panoramic views of Marina Bay. Tonight, we gather for a Singapore Sling Cocktail and Welcome Dinner. 7 Night Stay: Harbour View Room Swissotel The Stamford, Singapore
DAY 2. Singapore Touring (B,L,D)
Today we explore the many iconic sights of Singapore’s Civic District. We stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Merlion overlooking Marina Bay, views of Merlion overlooking Marina Bay, before visiting the Raffles Landing Site and the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. Next we visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Singapore Botanic Gardens and walk through the National Orchid Garden. Tonight, we gather for dinner in a local restaurant, followed by a bumboat cruise on the Singapore River, stopping at Marina Bay to watch Southeast Asia’s largest light and water show.
DAY 3. Singapore Zoo, Gardens by the Bay (B,L,D)
This morning we visit Singapore Zoo to explore and engage with a variety of animals in naturalistic ‘open’ exhibits. Next up we take a River Safari – a river themed zoo and aquarium consisting of eight rivers from the Mississippi to the Yangtze, with an opportunity to see rare river giants and mega fish. Following lunch, we return to the hotel. Later this afternoon, we make our way to Gardens by the Bay and discover a world of wonders at this award-winning garden attraction. Following dinner, be entertained by the Garden Rhapsody light and sound show.
DAY 4. Singapore Flyer, Little India, High Tea (B,High Tea)
First up this morning, we take a ride on the Singapore Flyer, one of the world’s largest giant observation Ferris wheels, to enjoy views of Singapore and beyond. Returning to street level, we enjoy a walking tour of Little India, where we have the opportunity to browse the bazaars for traditional wares such as spices, gold and silk. Continuing our cultural exploration, we visit Istana Kampong Glam, a former Malay palace. This afternoon we enjoy a classic high tea at one of Singapore’s most iconic hotels. We return to our hotel for the evening at leisure. Please note: Raffles Hotel is currently undergoing restorations. In the event that the hotel is not operational at the time of our visit, we will enjoy high tea at The Fullerton Hotel. **Lunch and dinner at own expense today.
DAY 5. Gardens by the Bay, Garden Festival, SkyPark, Chinatown (B)
After breakfast we make our way to Gardens by the Bay to visit Floral Fantasy, as well as the OCBC Skyway. We then continue to the Singapore Garden Festival, where we enter a magical world of exciting garden designs and exquisite floral creations. Following lunch we take in SkyPark, soaring 200 metres above the ground and offering a 360-degree view of the city’s skyline, before returning to the hotel. Tonight, we begin our evening by taking a trishaw ride through the alleyways of Chinatown. We have dinner at a local restaurant and afterwards, take time to wander the Night Market.
DAY 6. Cooking School, Night Safari Tour (B,L,D)
Today we gather mid-morning and make our way to the Food Playground cooking school to learn about Singaporean food heritage, culture and how to cook authentic home-style dishes. As part of this culinary experience, our created dishes will be enjoyed as a group for lunch. This afternoon we travel to the north of Singapore to reflect and pay our respects at Kranji War Memorial. Tonight on our Night Safari Tour, we weave through replicated natural habitats of the Himalayan Foothills, Southeast Asian Rainforest and Indian Subcontinent from the comfort of our exclusively chartered tram. Dinner is enjoyed in the wildly exotic Tipi Tents, as the mystery and drama of the tropical jungle comes to life after dusk with an array of nocturnal animals.
DAY 7. Sentosa Island (B,L,D)
Enjoying a later start this morning, we board the Singapore Cable Car Sky Network, and travel across Keppel Harbour to Sentosa Island. We visit Madame Tussauds wax museum then continue on to the iconic Sentosa Guardian of Prosperity, the legendary Merlion. Experience an unforgettable ‘under the sea’ lunch, watching the manta rays and underwater marine life swim by in the open ocean habitat before taking time to explore S.E.A Aquarium. After dinner on the Island, we finish our day by taking priority reserved seating at the Wings of Time water and laser show.
DAY 8. Flights Home (B,L Meals In-Flight)
After breakfast, we have the morning at leisure – relax at the hotel before our flights home, or perhaps get in some last minute shopping. We check out of the hotel at midday, before stopping for lunch en-route to the airport. On arrival at the airport, we will do an early check in before making our way to JEWEL CHANGI, a multidimensional lifestyle destination centered around the Forest Valley and Rain Vortex. After our visit, we proceed to the lounge for some light refreshments before making our way to the departure hall for our overnight flights home.
DAY 9. Arrive Home (Meals in-flight)
Arrive to Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney International Airport early morning.
B = Hot & Continental Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit required to secure booking $1500pp
- Tour price excludes sundries, tips/gratuities unless stated.
- Tour price is subject to change due to currency fluctuations and fuel levies applicable to services.
- Tour bathroom amenities in accommodation on this tour will be shower located over bath.
- Australian passport holders minimum validity for travel must be 6 months from date of return to Australia.
- Non-Australian passport citizens are required to seek independent advice for passport validity and entry visa, and arrange prior to travel to Singapore.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour as a group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- Prices & dates are correct as at 6 September 2019 and are based on the exchange rates at time of publication and may be adjusted if rate fluctuations affect the price to be paid for services. Any price increase is to be paid by the guest, and at this time, if guest chooses to cancel, all monies paid/held will be forfeited.
- Due to international terms & conditions, balance of payment for this tour will be required 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit.
- Tour Passengers will require a clearance letter (provided by Fun Over Fifty) from their local GP for travel.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings & walk through soft sand
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage