Day 1: Spirit of Queensland – Brisbane to Cairns (D)
Venture from Brisbane to Cairns on the Spirit of Queensland. Overnight on board the Spirit of Queensland.
Day 2: Port Douglas (BL)
Arrive into Cairns this afternoon and transfer to your Port Douglas accommodation. Stay the next three nights at Regal Port Douglas.
Day 3: Cape Tribulation and Daintree (BL)
Enjoy a day exploring the World Heritage Listed Daintree and Cape Tribulation National Park. Discover the secrets of the ancient rainforest and pristine waters of Mossman Gorge on a guided walk. Take a relaxing cruise along the Daintree River, keeping an eye out for crocodiles and other wildlife. Marvel at the spectacular views from Alexandra Lookout before a delicious tropical lunch at a private rainforest setting. After lunch, discover Cape Tribulation on a guided rainforest and beach walk.
Day 4: Port Douglas (B)
Spend the day at leisure exploring the vibrant village of Port Douglas. Discover the many cafés and galleries along Macrossan Street or take a stroll along palm fringed Four Mile Beach. During the late afternoon, unwind on a twilight cruise and witness a tropical sunset over the Coral Sea.
Day 5: Port Douglas to Cairns (B)
This morning transfer to Cairns on one of the most scenic drives in Australia. Stay the next three nights at DoubleTree by Hilton Cairns.
Day 6: Kuranda (B)
Today travel on board the Kuranda Scenic Railway and be amazed by the breathtaking views as you wind your way up to Kuranda. Once in Kuranda, visit the popular markets or spend time at the Kuranda Butterfly Sanctuary (own expense). Depart Kuranda on the Skyrail and glide above the canopy of the World Heritage Listed rainforest. Take advantage of the two stops en route to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the CSIRO Interpretive Centre.
Day 7: Cairns (B)
Today you are free to explore the city of Cairns. Take a relaxing stroll along the foreshore, spend time at one of the many cafés and restaurants on the Cairns Esplanade or take a dip in the lagoon. Alternatively, take a tour to the Great Barrier Reef to make the most of your time in Tropical North Queensland (own expense).
Day 8: Cairns (B)
Your holiday concludes after breakfast.
(B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
dates & pricing
|Adult||Senior||Adult Sole||Senior Sole||Departs 2021/2022|
|$1859||$1806||$||$||Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat|
- Departs Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat (1 Apr – 16 Dec 21, 10 Jan – 31 Mar 22)
- Prices valid 1 Apr – 16 Dec 21, 10 Jan – 31 Mar 22 and include Environmental Management Charge of $3.50 per person to be paid directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour by you. Sole use prices also available.
- Prices are a guide only, subject to change and availability and are in Australian Dollars. From prices for rail packages are per person per package twin share, unless otherwise specified and based on the lowest room category for travel in low season.
Highlights & inclusions
- Take a guided walk through Mossman Gorge
- Cruise on the Daintree River
- See where the rainforest meets the reef at Cape Tribulation
- Enjoy a sunset sail cruise
- Discover the tropical town of Port Douglas
- Swim in the calm waters of Four Mile Beach
- Explore the city of Cairns
- Ride on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Visit the rainforest village of Kuranda
- Stop at Barron Falls and take in the stunning views of this picturesque waterfall
- One way overnight travel on the Spirit of Queensland from Brisbane to Cairns – RailBed
- 3 nights 4 star accommodation in Port Douglas
- 3 nights 4½ star accommodation in Cairns
- Meals as specified
- Full day Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest Tour
- Sailaway Sunset Sail Cruise
- Full day Kuranda, Scenic Rail and Skyrail Tour
- One way transfer from Cairns Railway Station to Port Douglas
- One way transfer from Port Douglas to Cairns accommodation