Day 1. 21 Dec 2019 – Arrive Norfolk Island (Meal in flight,D)
Depart on Air New Zealand from Brisbane International Airport to Norfolk Island Airport. Upon arrival, we will be greeted with a welcome to the historic island and transferred to our hotel, checking in to Garden Rooms. Tonight we enjoy dinner at the hotel. 7 Night Stay: Paradise Resort & Hotel
Day 2. 22 Dec 2019 – Norfolk Island (B,MT,L,AT,D)
This morning we take an orientation tour of Norfolk Island, enjoying views of the beautiful scenery and hearing about the rich history and heritage of the island. Visit historic Kingston, Cascade, Longridge, Emily Bay and the Melanesian Chapel. After lunch we enjoy the Convict Settlement tour for an in-depth tour of the historic settlement of Kingston. Visiting the cemetery, we learn the history of convict and colonial headstones and stories of the houses along Quality Row. Walk through the ruins of the New Gaol and see the Pier Store, Boat Shed and Crank Mill. Dinner tonight is at the hotel.
Day 3. 23 Dec 2019 – Norfolk Island (B,L,AT,D)
After a leisurely breakfast this morning, the group splits in half with one group having time at leisure and the other joining Culla & Co for a horse and carriage ride. Led by the beautiful Clydesdale horses, we clip-clop down memory lane through Norfolk’s countryside. After lunch, we join the Xtian Brothers “Mootineers” Cheese tour. This evening we progress to different Norfolk Island family homes, as a great way to meet the locals and sample the local produce on a progressive dinner party.
Day 4. 24 Dec 2019 – Norfolk Island (B,L,AT,D)
We split into two groups again this morning, with one group joining the Culla & Co tour while the other enjoys time at leisure. Following lunch, we join the Pitcairn Settlers Village tour to one of the last remaining original settler’s properties on the island, learning about the Pitcairn settlement, their history and culture. Tonight, we watch the sun set from one of Norfolk’s majestic clifftops on the beautiful western coastline, as we enjoy a fish fry feast of island dishes and some local entertainment.
Day 5. 25 Dec 2019 – Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
Merry Christmas! We meet for a festive breakfast together. Today is your day to relax and enjoy the facilities at the hotel as all venues are closed on Christmas Day. The highlight today is gathering for your Christmas Day lunch with all the trimmings, which will be one to remember! A light dinner will
be provided tonight.
Day 6. 26 Dec 2019 – Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
This morning we ‘walk the plank’ to board the glass bottom boat cruise (tide dependant) to discover Norfolk’s lagoon marine life and coral gardens whilst cruising through the calm waters of Emily Bay. Time at leisure to explore the island at your own pace this afternoon – perhaps visit the Cyclorama or relax at the hotel. Tonight’s dinner is at the hotel.
Day 7. 27 Dec 2019 – Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
Today the group will alternate, to join Island Adventures 4WD tour taking us through private properties featuring spectacular scenery, native flora and abundant birdlife. Touring through Norfolk’s National Park, we see the different stages of the Norfolk Pine. Time at leisure to explore the island at your own pace this afternoon or rest for tonight’s event. This evening is our tour finale highlight as we dress in convict outfits (provided) for a ‘Night as a Convict’ and enjoy a funfilled night of feasting, singing, dancing, laughter and convict mayhem!
Day 8. Flights to Brisbane (B,MT,L,Meal in flight)
After our last hearty cooked breakfast on the island, we have time for some last-minute shopping before gathering for a light lunch. We then make our way to the airport for our return flight to Brisbane. SEE YORLYE GANE!
B = Full Breakfast MT = Morning Tea L = Lunch AT = Afternoon Tea D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach and air components.
- Australian citizens require current photographic identification for travel to Norfolk Island, with the Australian Government preferred means of documentation, being a valid Australian Passport.
- Non-Australian citizens are required to seek independent advice regarding passport validity and entry visa, and ensure all is correct prior to travel to Norfolk Island.
- International terms and conditions apply to Norfolk Island tours, requiring balance of payment for this tour 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit. Tour passengers will require a clearance letter from their local GP for travel.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage