Day 1. Arrive Norfolk Island (D)
Depart on our Qantas Flight from Brisbane International Airport to Norfolk Island Airport. Upon arrival, we will be greeted with a welcome to the historic island and transferred to our hotel, checking in to garden view rooms. Tonight indulge in sunset cocktails and canapés before we enjoy a welcome dinner at the hotel. 7 Night Stay: Paradise Hotel & Resort, Norfolk Island
Day 2. Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
This morning we take an orientation tour of Norfolk Island, enjoying views of the beautiful scenery and hearing about the rich history and heritage of the island. Visit historic Kingston, Cascade, Longridge, Emily Bay and the Melanesian Chapel. After lunch we visit a beautiful property in Kingston called Music Valley, with historical significance and an artifact collection, our guide will walk us through the gardens, demonstrating her carving and weaving while telling stories of life as a Norfolk Islander. This evening we progress to different Norfolk Island family homes, as a great way to meet the locals and sample the local produce on a progressive dinner party.
Day 3. Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
Today the group will alternate, to join the Island Adventures 4WD tour, taking us through private properties featuring spectacular scenery, native flora and abundant birdlife. Touring through Norfolk’s National Park, we see the different stages of the Norfolk Pine. Time at leisure to explore the island at your own pace this afternoon or rest for tonight’s event. Tonight, we watch the sun set from Puppy’s Point, one of Norfolk’s majestic clifftops on the beautiful western coastline, as we enjoy a fish fry feast of island dishes and some local entertainment.
Day 4. Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
Enjoy a leisurely start to the morning. Late morning, we venture off on The Hilli Goat tour, where we meet the cheeky goats and wander through the edible gardens then learn about the milking and cheese making process. After lunch we enjoy the Convict Settlement tour for an in-depth tour of the historic settlement of Kingston. Visiting the cemetery, we learn the history of convict and colonial headstones and stories of the houses along Quality Row. Walk through the ruins of the New Gaol and see the Pier Store, Boat Shed and Crank Mill. Then to top off a fabulous day, tonight, we dress in convict outfits (provided) for a ‘Night as a Convict’ – a fun filled night of feasting, singing, dancing, laughter and convict mayhem!
Day 5. Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
After a leisurely breakfast we join Pitcairn Settlers Village tour to one the of the last remaining original settlers properties on the island. Mid afternoon we ‘walk the plank’ to board the glass bottom boat cruise (tide dependant) and discover Norfolk’s lagoon marine life and coral gardens whilst cruising through the calm waters of Emily Bay. Dinner tonight is at the resort before we visit Wonderland by Night, to walk amongst the forest of enchanting illuminated Norfolk Pines, listening to recites of bush poetry written by Bounty mutineer descendant ‘Archie Biggs’.
Day 6. Merry Christmas! (B,L,D)
Merry Christmas! We meet for a festive breakfast together. Today is your day to relax and enjoy the facilities at the hotel as all venues are closed on Christmas Day. The highlight today is gathering for your Christmas Day lunch with all the trimmings, which will be one to remember! Enjoy a long lunch of traditional and seafood fare. A light dinner will be provided tonight.
Day 7. Norfolk Island (B,L,D)
Today is a day to rest, recover or explore – the choice is yours. Perhaps visit Cyclorama, where you feel like you are part of the continuous 360 degree panoramic painting scene. A spectacular 3D effect is achieved in detailed artwork. Storyboards explain the history of the mutineers and their arrival in Norfolk. Lunch and dinner tonight will be enjoyed at the resort.
Day 8. Flights to Brisbane (B)
After our last hearty cooked breakfast on the island, we have time for some last-minute shopping before gathering for a light lunch. We then make our way to the airport for our Qantas flight due to arrive later afternoon to Brisbane. SEE YORLYE GANE!
B = Full Breakfast MT = Morning Tea L = Lunch AT = Afternoon Tea D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- EARLY BIRD DEAL – Save $300 per couple, $150 single. Dec 2022. Book by 30 June 2022
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach and air components.
- Australian citizens require current photographic identification for travel to Norfolk Island, with the Australian Government preferred means of documentation, being a valid Australian Passport.
- Non-Australian citizens are required to seek independent advice regarding passport validity and entry visa, and ensure all is correct prior to travel to Norfolk Island.
- International terms and conditions apply to Norfolk Island tours, requiring balance of payment for this tour 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit. Tour passengers will require a clearance letter from their local GP for travel.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage