DAY 1 – ARRIVE DARWIN, MINDIL BEACH SUNSET MARKETS
Fly into Darwin Airport, where we are met by our local coach captain for the start of our Darwin and Kakadu adventure. Tonight we take a short stroll along the beach to visit the famous Mindil Beach Markets and settle in to our reserved VIP area overlooking 500 metres of golden sand. Choose from over 1200 exotic dishes from the markets, and watch the famous top end sunset whilst soaking up the tropical night air. 4 Night Stay: Mindil Beach Casino and Resort OR Hilton, Darwin. Bonus!! Free upgrade to Ocean View Rooms for the first 11 bookings. *The walk to Mindil Beach Markets is approximately 500m along the beach front. Dinner is at own expense at markets.
DAY 2 – BATHURST ISLAND (B,MT,L,D)
Depart on the ferry from Cullen Bay to Bathurst Island. Upon arrival we meet our local guide who will take us on a journey through the Aboriginal community of Nguiu. Wander through displays of traditional art and see depictions of the Tiwi ‘dreamtime’ stories. Mix with the locals, watching the Tiwi ladies work on their weaving and painting as well as watching their totem dances and smoking ceremony. See the Early Mission Precinct with its unique Tiwi style Catholic Church and discover the history of the early mission days and learn how the Tiwi people have blended their culture with Christianity. Our afternoon takes us to a burial site, hearing about some of the rituals associated with the Pukamani Poles (burial poles). GGP
DAY 3 – DARWIN TOURING (B,L,D)
Today we enjoy some local touring, a relaxing day taking our time to discover the history and culture of Darwin. Our first stop is the Darwin Military Museum, a powerful, immersive, interactive experience telling of the contribution made in northern Australia to our defence during World War II. At Fanny Bay Goal we take a self guided tour and encounter tales of some of the Top End’s most notorious criminals. From here we visit the Northern Territory Museum and Art Gallery to see exhibits depicting the destruction of Cyclone Tracy. Tonight, we dine out feasting on the freshest of seafood whilst overlooking a harbour sunset at Cullen Bay. GGP
DAY 4 – LITCHFIELD NATIONAL PARK (B,L,D)
Today we discover Litchfield National Park, taking in the inspiring views of Tabletop Range, a sandstone plateau adorned with a curtain of cascading waterfalls. Marvel at the termite mounds and learn how these astonishing structures are built by armies of tiny insects. We then make our way to Florence Falls lookout and Wangi Falls (perfect for a dip), then we make our way back to Darwin. Our afternoon takes us to nearby Wangi Falls, where year-round currents pour into a large swimming hole. Enjoy a refreshing dip before we make our way back to Darwin. GGP
DAY 5 – KAKADU NATIONAL PARK (B,L,D)
Travelling south today we visit the historic township of Adelaide River and its’ War Cemetery, established in 1942 after the bombing of Darwin. Then we visit Pine Creek, where gold was discovered in 1871 during the construction of the Overland Telegragh line. Next, our day takes us into World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. This landscape of contrasts spans over 19,000 sq km and will tantalise the senses with its abundance of flora, fauna, dreamtime connections and stunning vistas. This afternoon we join a local Aboriginal guide for a tour of spectacular rock art sites. 2 Night Stay: Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, Jabiru
DAY 6 – KAKADU NATIONAL PARK (B,L,D)
An adventure packed day awaits today, as we embark on a Yellow Water wetlands cruise, taking in part of the South Alligator River floodplain. Birdlife is prolific with brolgas, jabirus and masses of magpie geese, just to name a few. Next we visit the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultual Centre. Then we take to the skies to discover the dramatic landscapes of Kakadu National Park on a 30-minute scenic flight over ancient escarpments, winding rivers, spectacular 1.8 billion years of continuous erosion, billabongs and flood plains. We end our day at Bowali Information Centre.
DAY 7 – DEPART DARWIN (B,MT)
We depart Kakadu, make a comfort stop en-route, and then arrive at Darwin airport for our flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- EARLY BIRD DEAL! Save $300 PER COUPLE / $150 SINGLE – JUNE 2022 DATE – BOOK BY 31 DEC 2021
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- GREEN GUEST OPTION (GGP) Select the GGP option on this tour and help reduce extra pressures on our natural environment. You will be rewarded with a reduced rate on your tour. SAVE: $30PP TWIN SHARE OR $60 SOLE USE
- NB. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for air and coach components.
- Order of Darwin based tour inclusions will vary based on Mindil Sunset Markets and Tiwi Island excursion schedules.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour as a group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage