Day 1. Thursday – Brisbane to Armidale (MT,L,D)
Departing from Brisbane Transit Centre we make our way to Warwick stopping for morning tea at the Abbey of the Roses. We continue on via the scenic route travelling by Willsons Downfall and Boonoo Boonoo to enterfield, where we visit historic Stannum House for a tour followed by lunch. We finish our day at Armidale. 1 Night Stay: Cotswold Gardens, Armidale
Day 2. Friday. Armidale to Tamworth (B,L)
Leaving Armidale, we make our way to the DAG Sheep Station in Nundle. Over lunch we enjoy our first toe-tapping country gig, then head off to the Tamworth Country Music Festival, Australia’s largest music festival with over 4000 different performances and over 600 buskers in Peel Street alone, providing a diverse range of entertainment day and night. If you wish to book and pre-purchase tickets for a special concert, you can phone the Tamworth Information Centre (Ph: 02 6767 5300) to arrange tickets. We arrive and check-in to our hotel then attend the opening night concert at Bicentennial Park. 3 Night Stay: Mercure Hotel, Tamworth. **Dinner is at own expense tonight.
Day 3/4. Saturday/Sunday – Tamworth (B)
Enjoy two days of the talents, sights and sounds of the Tamworth Country Music Festival, including free concerts, talented buskers, bush poets, line dancing and the Coca-Cola concerts in the park which run daily from 11am to 4pm. On both days Fun Over Fifty has included a FREE evening show. Please note: These free shows are value added by us and cannot be refunded if you do not wish to attend. *Lunch and dinner are at own expense over the festival days. **Please note: Show program not available until December 2019.
Day 5. Monday. Tamworth to South West Rocks (B,L,D)
Departing Tamworth, we continue with country making a stop at the Slim Dusty Centre in Kempsey to pay homage to one of the greats of Australian music. Further up the coast we arrive for a night in South West Rocks. 1 Night Stay: Rockpool Motor Inn, South West Rocks
Day 6. Tuesday. South West Rocks to Brisbane (B,L)
On our return journey home today, we travel through Coffs Harbour then stop for lunch at New Italy before crossing the border and arriving at Brisbane Transit Centre.
B = Full Breakfast MT = Morning Tea L = Lunch AT = Afternoon Tea D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $600pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- Due to the popularity of this event, final payment is due 25 September 2019, and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Bookings after this date are subject to availability.
- Due to day/night concerts and events, lunch and dinners are at own expense during the festival..
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) – Passengers must be able to:
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage