Day 1: Spirit of Queensland – Brisbane to Cairns (D)
Join the Spirit of Queensland this afternoon and travel north overnight to Cairns. Enjoy the culinary delights prepared using the freshest of Queensland produce, sourced from within 100 kilometres of the rail corridor. Overnight on board the Spirit of Queensland.
Day 2: Cairns (BL)
This morning the train passes through the sugar cane fields of North Queensland. Sit back and relax as you watch the changing landscapes. Arrive into Cairns this afternoon and transfer by coach to your accommodation in Palm Cove. Stay the next four nights at The Reef House & Spa Palm Cove.
Day 3: Palm Cove (B)
Spend the day at leisure. Explore the village of Palm Cove, wander the foreshore, take in some shopping or relax over a long lunch at one of the many restaurants and cafés situated along the esplanade.
Day 4: Atherton Tableland (BL)
Today embark on a delicious Gourmet Food and Wine tasting tour showcasing the spectacular Atherton Tablelands. Visit eight unique sites and throughout the day you will sample wines, spirits, cheeses, coffee, rainforest condiments, chocolates, tropical fruits and kangaroo and crocodile meat.
Day 5: Kuranda (B)
Travel on the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway to Kuranda. Take in the spectacular views as you wind your way up to the quaint village of Kuranda on this famous journey. This afternoon return on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, gliding silently over the rainforest as you enjoy stunning views along the way.
Day 6: Palm Cove (B)
Your holiday concludes this morning upon check-out from the hotel.
(B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
dates & pricing
|Adult||Senior||Adult Sole||Senior Sole||Departs 2021|
|$1455||$1402||$2088||$2033||Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat|
- ^Prices valid 5 Jan – 31 Mar 21. +Blockout dates apply.
- Departs: Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat (1 Apr 20 – 31 Mar 21)+
- Prices are a guide only, subject to change and availability and are in Australian Dollars. From prices for rail packages are per person per package twin share, unless otherwise specified and based on the lowest room category for travel in low season.
Highlights & inclusions
- One way overnight travel on the Spirit of Queensland from Brisbane to Cairns – RailBed
- 4 nights 4½ star accommodation in Palm Cove
- Meals as specified
- Full day Brett’s Outback Tasting Adventures Tour
- Full day Kuranda Gold Class, Scenic Rail and Skyrail Tour
- One way transfer from Cairns Railway Station to Palm Cove
- Food and wine tasting on the Atherton Tablelands
- Journey on the iconic Kuranda Scenic Rail