DAY 1. 23 Dec – Tilt Train to Maryborough, Arrive Fraser Island (L,D)
At 11am this morning we depart on the Tilt Train from Brisbane’s Roma Street Station, bound for Maryborough West Railway Station. On arrival, we are transferred to River Heads to board our ferry to World Heritage listed Fraser Island, where we unpack once for our Christmas celebrations holiday. 4 Night Stay: Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island
DAY 2. 24 Dec – Fraser Island Touring (B,MT,L,D)
Following breakfast this morning we depart via 4WD on a full day tour of Fraser Island including Lake McKenzie, Wanggoolba Creek, Eli Creek, the wreck of the SS Maheno, The Pinnacles Coloured Sands and the famous beach highway, 75-Mile Beach, Fraser Island will teach you all about wide open pristine spaces, unspoiled beauty, lush rainforests, stunning freshwater lakes and the exhilaration of driving on sand, not monotonous bitumen. Discover the world’s largest sand island in our own 4WD, tackling inland bumps and humps through towering Satinay trees, abundant forest and picturesque sand dunes. Shipwrecks and sheltered bays flash by your window but we make sure we stop so you can enjoy the view. To complement our perfect day, join us at the Jetty Hut for sunset drinks and watch the last of the sun’s rays set over the mainland. **Please note: Tour is not suitable for passengers with neck/back injury as some parts of the journey can be bumpy and jerky.
DAY 3. 25 Dec – Merry Christmas (B,L,D)
Today celebrate Christmas Day the Fraser Island way! We all get together for a festive breakfast followed by a free morning to relax or walk along the beach. We gather in the Grand Ballroom for a sensational festive feast consisting of fresh seafood and traditional Christmas selections with the Fraser Island touch. Dinner this evening will be a relaxed affair serving up a light buffet dinner to graze upon whilst enjoying entertainment in the Maheno Lounge.
DAY 4. 26 Dec – Fraser Island Touring (B,L,D)
This morning join an island ranger for the Butchulla Walking Tour. On Fraser, the bush provided food and medicine for both the Butchulla and early European settlers. Learn how to identify this rich source of Australian food; find out how it can be used in everyday life; and, taste the flavours of the bush. Following our walking tour, it’s time to relax before regathering on the Maheno Deck to enjoy a leisurely lunch overlooking the resort lagoon pool. This afternoon we are privileged to have resort ranger and chef join us for an exclusive Bush Tucker Talk and Taste. Tantalise your taste buds with a selection of unique bush cuisine and find out how these foods can be used to enhance most dishes. Ranger presents a selection of foods in their natural and raw state and explains where you can find these foods. Chef will then show us how to use them, share some recipe secrets and present the cooked dishes for us to taste. When the day’s exploring is done, it’s time to take the taste-buds on a voyage of their own, join us for dinner in the award winning Seabelle Restaurant where we dine in style to celebrate our final night together.
DAY 5. 27 Dec – Rail to Brisbane (B,L)
A leisurely breakfast this morning before checking out from the resort and transferring to Maryborough West for our return rail journey back to Brisbane, scheduled to arrive at 2:50pm.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L=Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Sole Use||Departs 2020|
|$2230||$2175||$2150||+ $585||23 Dec|
- Select the GGP option on this tour and help reduce extra pressures on our natural environment. You will be rewarded with a reduced rate on your tour. SAVE: $30PP TWIN SHARE OR $60 SOLE USE
- Non-refundable deposit of $600pp required
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for rail component.
- This package is subject to QR rail disruptions without notice. Bookings cannot be cancelled or transferred if this occurs.
- This price is subject to:
– QPCV Queensland Aged Pensioner utilising 4 concession vouchers
– SENIOR State issued Australian Government Seniors Card and/or Queensland Aged Pensioner with no concession vouchers left
– ADULT Passengers 50+ with no valid concession cards
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings & walk through soft sand
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Return Tilt Train rail journey in economy seats Brisbane to Maryborough West
- 4 nights Fraser Island
- Full day 4WD island safari
- Exclusive Bush Tucker Talk and Taste with Chef and Ranger
- Sensational Christmas Day lunch with seafood and traditional fare
- Specialty dinner in the award winning Seabelle Restaurant
- Sundowner drinks at Jetty Hut
- 13 meals
PRE & POST TOUR EXTENDER OPTION 2 additional days (TOTAL 7 DAY TOUR)
- Return economy class flights ex Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide to Brisbane
- 2 additional nights bed & breakfast (1 night pre & 1 night post tour) at Sofitel Brisbane Central
- Return Airtrain tickets ex Brisbane Domestic Terminal to Central Station
- Plus $860pp Twin Share Plus $1025 Sole Use
- Subject to availability – some block out dates apply. Prices are subject to change without notice