DAY 1. Mon 23 Dec – Tilt Train to Maryborough, Arrive Fraser Island (L,D)
At 11am this morning we depart on the Tilt Train from Brisbane’s Roma Street Station, bound for Maryborough West Railway Station. On arrival, we are transferred to River Heads to board our ferry to World Heritage listed Fraser Island. On arrival, we are transferred to Kingfisher Bay Resort where we unpack once for our Christmas celebrations holiday. 4 Night Stay: Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island
DAY 2. Tue 24 Dec – Fraser Island Touring (B,MT,L,D)
Following breakfast this morning we depart via 4WD on a full day tour of Fraser Island including Lake McKenzie, Wanggoolba Creek, Eli Creek, the wreck of the SS Maheno, The Pinnacles Coloured Sands and the famous beach highway, 75-Mile Beach, Fraser Island will teach you all about wide open pristine spaces, unspoiled beauty, lush rainforests, stunning freshwater lakes and the exhilaration of driving on sand, not monotonous bitumen. Discover the world’s largest sand island in our own 4WD, tackling inland bumps and humps through towering Satinay trees, abundant forest and picturesque sand dunes. Shipwrecks and sheltered bays flash by your window but we make sure we stop so you can enjoy the view. To complement our perfect day, join us at the Jetty Hut for sunset drinks and watch the last of the sun’s rays set over the mainland. **Please note: Tour is not suitable for passengers with neck/back injury as some parts of the journey can be bumpy and jerky.
DAY 3. Wed 25 Dec – Merry Christmas (B,L,D)
Today celebrate Christmas Day the Fraser Island way! We all get together for a festive breakfast followed by a free morning to relax or walk along the beach. We gather in the Grand Ballroom for a sensational Christmas long lunch feasting on fresh seafood, and lots of it, along with the resort’s chefs giving their traditional festive menus the Fraser Island touch. Dinner this evening will be a relaxed affair serving up a light buffet dinner to graze upon whilst enjoying entertainment in the Maheno Lounge.
DAY 4. Thu 26 Dec – Fraser Island Touring (B,L,D)
This morning join an island ranger for the Butchulla Walking Tour. On Fraser, the bush provided food and medicine for both the Butchulla and early European settlers. Learn how to identify this rich source of Australian food; find out how it can be used in everyday life; and, taste the flavours of the bush. Following our walking tour, it’s time to relax before regathering on the Maheno Deck to enjoy a leisurely lunch overlooking the resort lagoon pool. This afternoon we are privileged to have resort ranger and chef join us for an exclusive Bush Tucker Talk and Taste. Tantalise your taste buds with a selection of unique bush cuisine and find out how these foods can be used to enhance most dishes. Ranger presents a selection of foods in their natural and raw state and explains where you can find these foods. Chef will then show us how to use them, share some recipe secrets and present the cooked dishes for us to taste. When the day’s exploring is done, it’s time to take the taste-buds on a voyage of their own, join us for dinner in the award winning Seabelle Restaurant where we dine in style to celebrate our final night together.
DAY 5. Fri 27 Dec – Rail to Brisbane (B,L)
A leisurely last breakfast this morning before checking-out from the resort and transferring to Maryborough West for the rail journey back to Brisbane, scheduled to arrive at 2:50pm.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L=Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Adult||Australian Senior||QLD Pensioner||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
|$2078||$2025||$1999||+ $520||23 Dec|
- Select the GGP option on this tour and help reduce extra pressures on our natural environment. You will be rewarded with a reduced rate on your tour. SAVE: $30PP TWIN SHARE OR $60 SOLE USE
- Non-refundable deposit of $600pp required
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for rail component.
- Rail prices are correct at time of printing but are subject to change.
- The Tilt Train is currently undergoing refurbishment and if not completed a Diesel Service will be the replacement. Scheduled arrival time into Brisbane will be 5:55pm.
- This price is subject to:
– QPCV Queensland Aged Pensioner utilising 4 concession vouchers
– SENIOR State issued Australian Government Seniors Card and/or Queensland Aged Pensioner with no concession vouchers left
– ADULT Passengers 50+ with no valid concession cards
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Getting on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Return Tilt Train rail journey in economy seats Brisbane to Maryborough West
- 4 nights Fraser Island
- Full day 4WD Island Safari
- Exclusive Bush Tucker Talk and Taste with Chef and Ranger
- Sensational Christmas Day lunch with seafood & traditional fare
- Specialty dinner in the award winning Seabelle Restaurant
- Sundowner drinks at Jetty Hut
- 13 meals
PRE & POST TOUR EXTENDER OPTION
- 2 additional days (TOTAL 7 DAY TOUR)
- Return economy class flights ex Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide to Brisbane
- 2 additional nights bed & breakfast (1 night pre & 1 night post tour) at Sofitel Brisbane Central
- Plus $850pp Twin Share
- Plus $1019 Sole Use
Subject to availability – some block out dates apply. Prices are subject to change without notice