DAY 1. Fri – Arrive Adelaide, Mt Lofty, Hahndorf (L,D)
Flights arrive in Adelaide where we board the coach and make our way via the Mount Lofty Ranges to the village of Hahndorf, classified as Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement. Enjoy some free time here before making our way into Adelaide. 2 Night Stay: Rydges Adelaide
DAY 2. Sat – Barossa Valley (B,MT,L,D)
Our day takes us into the Barossa Valley travelling via Mengler’s Hill lookout and the famous Herbig Family Tree to arrive at the majestic Chateau Tanunda, the largest and oldest chateau in Australia. We take a tour of this beautiful estate, its vineyards, winemaking area and barrel hall before sampling some of the wines. Our next stop is the Maggie Beer Farm Shop where there’s time to samples Maggie’s signature products before sitting down to dine at The Eatery. Returning to Adelaide we stop in at the intriguing Whispering Wall at the Barossa Reservoir.
DAY 3. Sun – City Sights Tour, Board The Ghan (B,L,D)
This morning we enjoy a city sights tour including North Terrace, home to the city’s most important cultural institutions. We see St Peter’s Cathedral, the spectacular Adelaide Oval, and Botanic Gardens. At midday, we are scheduled to board The Ghan, one of the great train journeys of the world, bound for Alice Springs. Watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia merge into rugged Mallee scrub and marvel as the spectacular Flinders Ranges disappear into the horizon as we make our way north into the Red Centre. 1 Night Stay: The Ghan in Gold Service
DAY 4. Mon – The Ghan, Marla Sunrise Experience, Arrive Alice Springs (B,L,D)
The Ghan makes a two hour stop in Marla where we enjoy a cuppa and sunrise experience before continuing on to Alice Springs. Disembarking The Ghan we join our local coach captain for transfers to our hotel to enjoy lunch before check-in. 3 Night Stay: Lasseters Hotel, Alice Springs
DAY 5. Tue – West MacDonnell Ranges, Standley Chasm, Simpsons Gap (B,L,D)
We discover the West MacDonnell Ranges, stopping at Flynn’s Grave before a visit to Ellery Creek Big Hole. We take time at Standley Chasm renowned for the red rocks, blue skies and white ghost gums. Enjoy lunch at Glen Helen Homestead before departing for Ormiston Gorge and Simpsons Gap.
DAY 6. Wed – Alice Springs Touring, Outback Bush BBQ (B,L,D)
Today we enjoy a city sights tour of Alice Springs starting with Anzac Hill, a lookout offering spectacular views of the rugged MacDonnell Ranges. Next we take in the Outback Telegraph Station before arriving at the Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame located in the former Alice Springs Gaol. We then take a tour and lunch at the Royal Flying Doctor Service before having some free time this afternoon. Tonight, we enjoy an authentic bush BBQ celebrating the spirit and grandeur that is the Australian Outback. The evening is spent in the style of an old time cattle camp with a bush balladeer singing timeless Australian songs whilst locals share with you the epic story of their life and survival in this harsh land.
DAY 7. Thu – Mt Connor, Uluru, Kata Tjuta (B,L,D)
Leaving Alice Springs we take a leisurely drive stopping first at Erldunda then breaking for a photo stop at Mount Connor. Later we pause for lunch at Curtin Springs Station then continue our journey towards Uluru, arriving at Ayers Rock. This evening we reboard the coach to witness the ever changing colours of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) at sunset with drinks and canapés. 3 Night Stay: Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock
DAY 8 Fri – Uluru Sunrise, Camel Ride (B,L,D)
Witness the Field of Light just before sunrise and then watch dawn over Uluru – just magical. Following breakfast back at the hotel, we take a walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole and continue along to the Mala Walk. We drive around the base of Uluru, followed by a visit to Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. Our afternoon has us climbing into the saddle for a camel trek for another way to enjoy fabulous views of Uluru and Kata Tjuta. An outback adventure led by an expert cameleer who shares knowledge of the desert’s wildlife and ecology along the way.
DAY 9. Sat – Uluru & Kata Tjuta Helicopter Flight, Dot Painting Workshop, Sounds of Silence Dinner (B,D)
Enjoy the thrill of taking an aerial tour of Australia’s Red Centre during a scenic 25-minute helicopter flight showcasing the famous landmarks Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Our afternoon takes us to Maruku Arts for a dot painting workshop under the expert guidance of local Indigenous artists. Tonight, toast the beauty of Uluru as you watch the sun’s dwindling rays light the rock up one final time before making a hasty retreat. Enjoy this evening’s magic of a delightful dinner set under a canopy of stars. Savour four magical hours dining under the starry outback sky where storytellers share tales as told in the stars. Enjoy pre-dinner drinks and canapés, and as the sun sets we will feast on a BBQ of authentic Australian delicacies and classic desserts, all complemented by Australian wines. **Lunch is at own expense today.
DAY 10. Sun – Flights Home (B)
This morning we bid farewell to the Red Centre as we transfer to Uluru Airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2021|
- Non-refundable deposit of $1500pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for air, coach and rail components.
- Rail prices are correct at time of printing but are subject to change.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights. Great Southern * Rail twin share cabins include en-suite facilities; single cabins include a wash basin in the cabin and shared shower and toilet facilities within the carriage.
- Pre-Adelaide and Post-Darwin extensions can be arranged and must be confirmed in writing at time of booking.
- Select the GREEN GUEST POLICY (GGP) option to help reduce pressures on our natural environment and get a reduced price of your tour.
SAVE: $40PP TWIN SHARE OR $80 SOLE USE
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 20 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 45 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Economy class flights to Adelaide and from Ayers Rock ex Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
- 2 nights Adelaide
- Mount Lofty
- Hahndorf village visit
- Barossa Valley
- Chateau Tanunda tour and wine tasting
- Maggie Beer Farm Shop
- Adelaide city sights tour
- 1 night The Ghan in Gold Service from Adelaide to Alice Springs with premium dining and standard beverages included onboard
- Marla sunrise experience
- 3 nights Alice Springs; Anzac Hill
- West MacDonnell Ranges; Flynn’s Grave
- Standley Chasm; Glen Helen Homestead
- Ormiston Gorge; Simpsons Gap
- Outback Telegraph Station
- Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Outback bush BBQ dinner
- 3 nights Ayers Rock
- The Olgas at sunset
- Uluru sunrise; Field of Light
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre
- Camel trek; Mala Walk • Sounds of Silence dinner
- 25-minute helicopter tour of Uluru and the Olgas
- Maruku Arts dot painting workshop
- 26 meals
- Locally operated comfort plus coach travel