DAY 1 Saturday – ARRIVE NORFOLK ISLAND (Meal in flight, D)
Depart on Air New Zealand from Brisbane International Airport to Norfolk Island Airport. Upon arrival we will be greeted with a welcome to the historic island and transferred to our deluxe hotel, checking-in to garden rooms. Tonight we gather to enjoy a Welcome Dinner at the resort. 7 Night Stay: Paradise Hotel & Resort, Norfolk Island
DAY 2 Sunday – HALF DAY ISLAND TOUR (B,L,D)
This morning we take an orientation tour of Norfolk Island, enjoying views of the beautiful scenery, hearing about the rich history and heritage of the island. Visit historic Kingston, Cascade, Longridge, Emily Bay and the Melanesian Chapel. Morning tea is served in the garden of an historic home built by Fletcher Quintal – descendant of ‘Bounty’ mutineers. This afternoon relax around the hotel.
DAY 3 Monday – 4WD TOUR & PROGRESSIVE DINNER PARTY (B,L,D)
Today the group will alternate to join the Island Adventures 4WD tour. Climb aboard the 4WD bus for a pioneering adventure off the beaten tracks. A state of the art Norfolk Island experience, we share authentic insights of Norfolk’s unexplored valleys, ridges, coastlines and private properties. This evening we meet for sunset cocktails and canapés at the hotel before we progress to different Norfolk Island family homes as a great way to meet local people and sample some of the local produce on a progressive dinner party.
DAY 4 Tuesday – HORSE & CARRIAGE TOUR, KINGSTON (B,L,D)
A leisurely breakfast this morning, before we alternate. One group will join Culla & Co for a horse and carriage ride. Led by the beautiful Clydesdale horses we clip-clop down memory lane through Norfolk’s Steele’s Point countryside, hearing tales of Island life in true Culla style. The other group will enjoy a morning at leisure. This afternoon we’re off on a Convict Settlement tour for an in-depth tour of the historic settlement of Kingston. Visiting the cemetery, we learn the history of convict and colonial headstones and stories of the houses along Quality Row. Walk through the ruins of the New Gaol and see the Pier Store, Boat Shed and Crank Mill.
DAY 5 Wednesday – BUSHWALK, ISLAND CULTURE TOUR, WONDERLAND BY NIGHT (B,L,AT,D)
This morning we take the leisurely 3.5km breakfast bushwalk tour meandering through scenic Mt Bates to Captain Cook Monument, ending at the clifftops for a delicious breakfast barbeque. After lunch, we join the island culture tour to learn aspects of island style home cooking, the heritage of Norfolk language and see demonstrations of island weaving and woodturning. Tonight dinner is at the resort before we visit Wonderland by Night, to walk amongst the forest of enchanting illuminated Norfolk Pines listening to recites of bush poetry written by Bounty mutineer descendant ‘Archie Biggs’.
DAY 6 Thursday – HORSE & CARRIAGE TOUR, FISH FRY (B,L,D)
After breakfast this morning, we alternate so our second group can join Culla & Co for a horse and carriage ride. The remaining guests will enjoy a morning at leisure. Take time out this afternoon to relax at the hotel, visit the nearby local shops or perhaps make your way next door to visit
Cyclorama. Tonight we watch the sun set from Puppy’s Point, one of Norfolk’s majestic clifftops on the beautiful western coastline, as we enjoy a fish fry feast of island dishes and some local entertainment.
DAY 7 Friday – BOAT CRUISE, CONVICT THEME NIGHT (B,L,AT,D)
This morning we ‘walk the plank’ to board the glass bottom boat cruise (tide dependant) to discover Norfolk’s lagoon marine life and coral gardens
whilst cruising through the calm waters of Emily Bay. After lunch we join the Pitcairn Settlers Village tour to one of the last remaining original settler’s properties on the island, learning about the Pitcairn settlement, their history and culture. Tonight is our tour finale highlight as we dress in convict outfits (provided) for a ‘Night as a Convict’ and enjoy a fun-filled night of feasting, singing, dancing, laughter and convict mayhem!
DAY 8 Saturday – FLIGHTS HOME (B,L)
After our last hearty cooked breakfast on the island, we have time for some last minute shopping before gathering for a light lunch. We then make our way to the airport for our return flight to Brisbane. SEE YORLYE GANE!
B = Hot & Continental Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit required to secure booking $1200pp
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach and air components.
- Australian Citizen’s require current photographic identification for travel to Norfolk Island, with the Australian Government preferred means of documentation, being a valid Australian Passport.
- Non-Australian citizens are required to seek independent advice regarding passport validity and entry visa, and ensure all is correct prior to travel to Norfolk Island.
- Due to international terms & conditions, balance of payment for this tour will be required 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit.
- Tour passengers will require a clearance letter from their local GP for travel.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage