DAY 1 Saturday – Arrive Norfolk Island (Meals in Flight,D)
Depart on Air New Zealand from Brisbane International Airport to Norfolk Island Airport. Upon arrival, we will be greeted with a welcome to the historic island and transferred to our deluxe hotel, checking-in to garden view rooms. Tonight we gather to enjoy a welcome dinner at the hotel. 7 Night Stay: The South Pacific Resort and Hotel.
DAY 2 Sunday – Norfolk Island Touring (B,MT,L,D)
This morning we take an orientation tour of Norfolk Island, enjoying views of the beautiful scenery and hearing about the rich history and heritage of the island. Visit historic Kingston, Cascade, Longridge, Emily Bay and the Melanesian Chapel. Afterwards visit Cyclorama. Walk inside and feel like you are part of the continuous 360-degree panoramic painting scene. A spectacular 3D effect is achieved in detailed art work. Storyboards explain the history of the Mutineers and their arrival in Norfolk. Discover Norfolk’s rich artistic community, browsing the gallery. Tonight dinner is at the hotel.
DAY 3 Monday – Merry Christmas (B,L,D)
Merry Christmas! We meet for a festive breakfast together. Today is your day to relax and enjoy the facilities at the hotel as all venues are closed on Christmas Day. The highlight today is gathering for your Christmas Day lunch with all the trimmings, which will be one to remember! Enjoy a long lunch of traditional and seafood fare. A light dinner will be provided tonight.
DAY 4 Tuesday – Norfolk Island Touring (B,L,AT,D)
A leisurely breakfast this morning, we make our way to join Culla & Co for a horse and carriage ride. Led by the beautiful Clydesdale horses, we clip-clop down memory lane through Norfolk’s Steele Point countryside. After lunch, we join the Pitcairn Settlers Village Tour to one of the last remaining original settler’s properties on the island, learning about the Pitcairn settlement, their history and culture. Tonight we watch the sun set from Puppy’s Point, one of Norfolk’s majestic clifftops on the beautiful western coastline, as we enjoy a fish fry feast of island dishes and some local entertainment.
DAY 5 Wednesday – Norfolk Island Touring (B,L,AT,D)
Take some time out this morning and relax around the hotel or meander through the local shops nearby. This afternoon we enjoy the Convict Settlement Tour for an ‘in depth’ tour of the historic settlement of Kingston. Visiting the cemetery, we learn the history of convict and colonial headstones and stories of the houses along Quality Row. Walk through the ruins of the New Gaol and see the Pier Store, Boat Shed and Crank Mill. This evening we progress to different Norfolk Island family homes, as a great way to meet the locals and sample the local produce on a private progressive dinner party.
DAY 6 Thursday – Norfolk Island Touring (B,L,AT,D)
This morning ‘we walk the plank’ to board the glass bottom boat cruise (tide dependant) to discover Norfolk’s lagoon marine life and coral gardens whilst cruising through the calm waters of Emily Bay. After lunch, we join the Island Culture Tour to learn aspects of island style home cooking, the heritage of Norfolk language and demonstrations of island weaving and wood turning. Tonight dinner is at the hotel.
DAY 7 Friday – Norfolk Island Touring (B,L,D)
Today the group will alternate, to join Island Adventures 4WD Tour taking us through private properties featuring spectacular scenery, native flora and abundant birdlife. Touring through Norfolk’s National Park, we see the different stages of the Norfolk Pine. Time at leisure to explore the island at your own pace this afternoon or rest for tonight’s event. This evening is our tour finale highlight as we dress in convict outfits (provided) for a ‘Night as a Convict’ and enjoy a fun-filled night of feasting, singing, dancing, laughter and convict mayhem!
DAY 8 Saturday – Flight to Brisbane (B,L)
After our last hearty cooked breakfast on the island, we have time for some last-minute shopping before gathering for a light lunch. We then make our way to the airport for our return flight to Brisbane. SEE YORLYE GANE!
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
||23 December – SOLD OUT
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach and air components.
- Culla & Co Horse & Carriage Tour will take place across three mornings of the itinerary to cater for group size. Host/ess will advise further details on tour.
- Australian citizens require current photographic identification for travel to Norfolk Island, with the Australian Government preferred means of documentation, being a valid Australian Passport.
- Non-Australian citizens are required to seek independent advice regarding passport validity and entry visa, and ensure all is correct prior to travel to Norfolk Island.
- International terms and conditions apply to Norfolk Island tours, requiring balance of payment for this tour 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit.
- Tour passengers will require a clearance letter from their local GP for travel
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Getting on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage