DAY 1: ARRIVE AUCKLAND (D)
On arrival into Auckland, you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours representative and transferred to your hotel. This evening meet your Tour Leader and travelling companions for dinner. Hotel SkyCity Hotel
DAY 2: AUCKLAND – BAY OF ISLANDS (B,D)
Depart Auckland and travel to the Parry Kauri Park to see a magnificent example of a Kauri Tree. Enjoy a visit and informative talk at the Kauri Museum in Matakohe, then travel via Whangarei to Paihia, situated in the heart of the beautiful Bay of Islands. Enjoy a guided tour of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the location of the signing of the treaty between the Mãori tribes and the British. Hotel Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands (2 nights)
DAY 3: BAY OF ISLANDS (FREE DAY) (B)
Today is a free day to explore the stunning Bay of Islands. Your Coach Captain and Tour Leader will be on hand to assist with the many optional activities available including the Cape Reinga coach trip via Ninety Mile Beach, a spectacular scenic flight over the crystal-clear turquoise waters found in the Bay of Islands or a tour of historic Russell. This evening is also free, you may like to enjoy a relaxing dinner cruise (optional).
DAY 4: BAY OF ISLANDS – AUCKLAND (B)
This morning you will explore the scenic beauty of the Bay of Islands aboard a luxury catamaran. Cruise to Cape Brett and the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’, keep an eye out for dolphins and other marine life. Return to Paihia and travel south via Whangarei to Auckland. This afternoon includes a visit to Sky Tower at leisure, one of New Zealand’s most spectacular attractions. This evening is also free to explore the many eateries surrounding your hotel. Hotel SkyCity Hotel
DAY 5: AUCKLAND – ROTORUA (B,L,D)
Today enjoy a city sights tour of Auckland. Continue through the picturesque countryside to Hobbiton for a buffet lunch. This is followed by a guided tour of the Movie Set from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. Your guide will recount details of how this beautiful piece of farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle Earth. Hotel Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (Superior Room. 2 nights)
DAY 6: ROTORUA (B,SD)
Today begins with a gondola ride and breakfast at Skyline Rotorua where spectacular views are on offer. There is also time for a thrilling luge ride! Next stop is Agrodome for an action-packed hour of farming entertainment and education that’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to Te Puia to see the boiling mud pools and awesome geysers that Rotorua is famous for. This evening you will experience an entertaining Mãori cultural performance which features the graceful poi dance and ferocious haka. This is followed by a Hãngi feast prepared in the traditional way, over hot coals and buried in the ground.
DAY 7: ROTORUA – NAPIER – MASTERTON (B,D)
Depart Rotorua and travel along the Thermal Explorer Highway to Huka Falls and Lake Taupo. Continue to Napier known as ‘The Art Deco Capital’, where a city tour will showcase an impressive collection of art deco buildings. Enjoy some free time to explore the fascinating architecture before travelling through the Wairarapa, an emerging cool-climate wine region. Hotel Copthorne Hotel and Resort Solway Park
DAY 8: MASTERTON – GREYTOWN – WELLINGTON (B,D)
Enjoy a leisurely start to the day before travelling to Greytown to see the most complete example of original Victorian wooden architecture. Drive through the scenic Rimutaka Mountain Range into Wellington, enjoy a city tour of the nation’s capital which will highlight the history and culture on show here. This evening enjoy dinner at your hotel. Hotel James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor (Executive Room)
DAY 9: DEPART WELLINGTON (B)
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner.
dates & pricing
|Twinshare||Departs 2021||Departs 2022|
|$3439||Sep 12*||Feb 3|
|Oct 18||Mar 9|
|Nov 3||Apr 9|
- REEF N OUTBACK SPECIAL – SAVE $100 PER PERSON OFF ADVERTISED TOUR PRICE. *Does not apply to seasonal discount offer dates
- SEASONAL OFFER Save $200 per person on dates marked with *
- Prices per person twinshare
- All dates guaranteed departures
- Single Supplement $1130
- Escort provided on arrival into New Zealand
Highlights & inclusions
- Kauri Museum
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
- Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
- Sky Tower
- Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tour and Lunch
- Skyline Rotorua Gondola and Luge Ride
- Thermal mud pools and geysers*
- Te Puia traditional Mãori Hãngi and Concert
- City sights tour of Auckland, Napier, Wellington
- *Guided tour. is included with 1 guide per 24 travellers.
- 48 seats on a Classic touring coach
- 2 door access; overhead travel bag storage
- Restroom; panoramic viewing
- Professional Coach Captain
- Tour Leader
- Personalised Meet and Greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- 8 nights 4 star accommodation
- 2 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 1 cruise
- All sightseeing and prepaid attractions
- Extensive Optional Tours Programme
- Classic Documentation Pack
- 8 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 6 sumptuous dinners including a specialty dinner: Mãori Hãngi and Concert, Rotorua.
- 1 Shire’s buffet lunch: Hobbiton
- Enjoy GPT Wine Time (discounted drinks)
- Dinner on Day 1 not included for anyone arriving later than 8pm.