Day 1. Flights to Alice Springs (D)
Flights arrive at Ayers Rock airport mid-afternoon where we transfer to our hotel. Our afternoon takes us out to Kata Tjuta (The Olga’s) to witness the ever changing colours of an outback sunset whilst enjoying refreshing sparkling wine, followed by welcome dinner back at our resort. 3 Night Stay: Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort
Day 2. Uluru (B,L,D)
Start the morning with the once-in-a-lifetime experience and witness the Field of Light followed by magnificent sublime colours of sunrise over Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Next, we take a guided walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole and continue along to the Mala Walk. We then travel around the base of Uluru as our local guide tells stories about the numerous sacred sites, then see the amazing collection of Indigenous art at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. Our afternoon has us climbing into the saddle for a camel trek adventure which offers another unique way to take in the sights of Uluru and Kata Tjuta. An outback adventure led by an expert cameleer who shares knowledge of the desert’s wildlife and ecology along the way. GGP
Day 3. Uluru (B,D)
Enjoy a lie in this morning before we gather after lunch and make our way to Maruku Arts for a dot painting workshop under the expert guidance of local Indigenous artists. Sharing stories and passing on traditional methods of painting plays an important role in the sustainability of Aboriginal Culture. Learn about the symbols and painting styles used to create beautiful works of art depicting the Creation time (Tjukurpa) stories. Tonight, toast the beauty of Uluru as you watch the sun’s dwindling rays light the rock up one final time before dining under a million stars. At the Sounds of Silence specialty dinner, we indulge with a gourmet dinner of Australian delicacies washed down with fine Australian wines, then sit back and relax and learn about the Southern Night Skies. **Lunch is at own expense today. GGP
Day 4. Uluru to Petermann (B,L,D)
Leaving Ayers Rock Resort, we make our way through sandhill country to Kings Canyon, stopping for lunch at Kings Creek Station. After lunch we have an enjoyable Aboriginal cultural experience seeing spear and boomerang displays and learning about bush tucker, bush medicine and much more before checking-in to Deluxe Spa Rooms at Kings Canyon Resort, each with a private balcony offering a magnificent outlook over the rocky escarpment. 1 Night Stay: Kings Canyon Resort, Petermann
Day 5. Petermann to Alice Springs (B,L,D)
This morning we take a walk at the canyon which meanders along Kings Creek, ending at a viewing platform with stunning views of the sheer canyon walls. We return to Alice Springs taking in the scenery and stopping at Erldunda for lunch along the way. 3 Night Stay: DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs
Day 6. Alice Springs (B,L,D)
We begin our day with views of the rugged MacDonnell Ranges from Anzac Hill lookout. Next we discover the Outback Telegraph Station before visiting the Women’s Museum of Australia then onto the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Enjoy some free time this afternoon. Tonight we enjoy an authentic bush BBQ celebrating the spirit of the Australian Outback. The evening is spent in the style of an old time cattle camp with a bush balladeer singing timeless Australian songs whilst locals share with you the epic story of their life and survival in this harsh land. GGP
Day 7. Alice Springs (B,L,D)
Discover the West MacDonnell Ranges, stopping at Flynn’s Grave before a visit to Ellery Creek Big Hole. We take time at Standley Chasm renowned for the red rocks, blue skies and white ghost gums. Enjoy lunch at Glen Helen Homestead before departing for Ormiston Gorge and Simpsons Gap. Tonight, we dine as a group one last time, and enjoy finale drinks and dinner. GGP
Day 8. Flights home (B)
A leisurely start to this morning, before we transfer to the airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- EARLY BIRD DEAL! – Save $100 per person book by 31/01/2021 (May departure)
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- GREEN GUEST OPTION (GGP) Select the GGP option on this tour and help reduce extra pressures on our natural environment. You will be rewarded with a reduced rate on your tour. SAVE: $40PP TWIN SHARE OR $80 SOLE USE
- N.B. This package is subject to an additional levy for coach/air components that may be imposed and is out of Fun Over Fifty’s control.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour as a group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a ﬂight of stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings and walk through soft sand
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage
• This tour is set at an active pace