Day 1. Flights to Alice Springs (D)
Flights arrive at Ayers Rock airport mid-afternoon where we transfer to our hotel. Our afternoon takes us out to Kata Tjuta (The Olga’s) to witness the ever changing colours of an outback sunset whilst enjoying refreshing sparkling wine, followed by welcome dinner back at our resort. 3 Night Stay: Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort
Day 2. Uluru (B,D)
Witness the Field of Light just before sunrise and watch dawn break over Uluru. Following breakfast, join a guided walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole and Mala Walk, followed by base drive tour of Uluru. Return to the resort for some leisure time to explore the village at your own pace. This afternoon has us climbing into the saddle taking a camel trek for another way to enjoy fabulous views of Uluru and Kata Tjuta. An outback adventure led by an expert cameleer who shares knowledge of the desert’s wildlife and ecology along the way. **Lunch is at own expense today. GGP
Day 3. Uluru (B,D)
Enjoy a lie in this morning before we make our way to visit the Uluru KataTjuta Culture Centre, set amongst the heady red landscape of Australia’s desert, the cultural centre offers an insight into the life and times of the local tribes that have lived around Kata Tjuta for thousands of years. We re-join for lunch her before our visit to Maruku Arts for a dot painting workshop. Under the expert guidance of local Indigenous artists, learn about the symbols and painting styles used to create beautiful works of art depicting the Creation time (Tjukurpa) stories. Tonight, toast the beauty of Uluru as you watch the sun’s dwindling rays light the rock up one final time before dining under a million stars. At the Sounds of Silence specialty dinner, we indulge with a gourmet dinner of Australian delicacies washed down with fine Australian wines, then sit back and relax and learn about the Southern Night Skies. GGP
Day 4. Uluru to Kings Canyon Resort (B,L,D)
Departing Uluru we travel to Kings Creek Station, breaking first for lunch followed by an enjoyable Aboriginal cultural experience, seeing spear and boomerang displays, learning about bush tucker, bush medicine and more. This afternoon we check in to our accommodation. 1 Night Stay: Kings Canyon Resort, Petermann
Day 5. Kings Canyon to Alice Springs (B,L,D)
This morning we take a walk at the canyon which meanders along Kings Creek, ending at a viewing platform with stunning views of the sheer canyon walls. We return to Alice Springs taking in the scenery and stopping at Erldunda for lunch along the way. 3 Night Stay: Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Day 6. Alice Springs (B,L,D)
This morning take in the views of the rugged MacDonnell Ranges from Anzac Hill lookout. Next we discover the Outback Telegraph Station, Women’s Museum of Australia, and the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Tonight at our specialty dinner, we enjoy good food and entertainment at an authentic Bush BBQ celebrating the spirit of the Australian Outback. GGP
Day 7. Alice Springs (B,L,D)
Discover the West MacDonnell Ranges, stopping at Flynn’s Grave before a visit to Ellery Creek Big Hole. We take time at Standley Chasm renowned for the red rocks, blue skies and white ghost gums. Enjoy lunch at Glen Helen Homestead before departing for Ormiston Gorge and Simpsons Gap. Tonight, we dine as a group one last time, and enjoy finale drinks and dinner. GGP
Day 8. Flights home (B)
A leisurely start to this morning, before we transfer to the airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- EARLY BIRD DEAL! – Save $300 PER COUPLE / $150 SINGLE – MAY 2022 DATE – BOOK BY 31 DEC 2021
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- GREEN GUEST OPTION (GGP) Select the GGP option on this tour and help reduce extra pressures on our natural environment. You will be rewarded with a reduced rate on your tour. SAVE: $40PP TWIN SHARE OR $80 SOLE USE
- N.B. This package is subject to an additional levy for coach/air components that may be imposed and is out of Fun Over Fifty’s control.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour as a group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a ﬂight of stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings and walk through soft sand
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage
• This tour is set at an active pace