Day 01: Arrive Hobart
We’ll meet you on arrival and transfer you to your hotel. Enjoy a Freedom of Choice inclusion followed by a welcome dinner. Stay: Hobart, Hotel Grand Chancellor. (D)
Day 02: Russell Falls, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, Strahan
Today, explore Russell Falls before travelling to Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. Tonight, you’ll dine at View 42° Restaurant. Stay: Strahan Village, Harbour view room. (B,D)
Day 03: Gordon River Cruise, Cradle Mountain
Today, board the Spirit of the Wild for a cruise through the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, and take a rainforest walk. Two Nights: Cradle Mountain, Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 04: Cradle Mountain, Dove Lake
Experience the beauty of Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake as you explore with a local guide. Afterwards, choose from a range of sightseeing inclusions. (B,D)
Day 05: Stanley, Tarkine, Smithton
Today, journey to Stanley and the Tarkine region, stopping at Sumac Lookout. In Smithton, savour a Tasmanian Fare Dinner. Stay: Smithton, Tall Timbers Hotel. (B,D)
Day 06: Smithton, Sheffield, Launceston
Tour Entally House and the mural town of Sheffield before a walk via Cataract Gorge. Two Nights: Launceston, Peppers Silo Hotel. (B,D)
Day 07: Launceston
After breakfast this morning, enjoy your selected sightseeing inclusion, before continuing to Josef Chromy winery for a specially prepared lunch and tasting. The afternoon will be at your leisure. (B,L)
Day 08: Depart Launceston
We say goodbye before we transfer you to the airport for your flight. (B)
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch. D = Dinner
*Itinerary may vary depending on date of travel.
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2020|
|Sep 8, 22|
|Oct 6, 20|
|Nov 3, 17|
|Dec 8, 22|
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2021|
|$3995||$5095||Jan 5, 12, 19, 26|
|Feb 2, 9, 16, 23|
|Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30|
|Apr 13, 27|
|May 11, 25|
- Please check for any current specials
- Prices listed are indicative and may not be available on all departure dates listed.
- Prices are seasonal and are subject to change.
- Prices are fully inclusive of all sightseeing, entrance fees, cruises, meals as specified and accommodation.
- Itinerary effective 8 September 2020 – 17 August 2021.
- Tours departing outside these dates follow a different itinerary – enquire for details.
Highlights & inclusions
- Admire the spectacular views of Cradle Mountain and explore Dove Lake with a local guide.
- Journey through the Tarkine wilderness area and stop at Sumac Lookout for views of the Arthur River.
- Glide through the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park aboard the Spirit of the Wild.
- Experiences in 10 destinations
- Finest dining; a total of 15 meals
- APT’s Freedom of Choice Inclusions in 3 locations
- 7 nights hand-picked accommodation
- Services of an APT Tour Director and Driver
- Return airport transfers and porterage