Day 1. Barossa Valley (D)
Our flights arrive into Adelaide early afternoon where we leave the hustle and bustle behind and head for the taste sensations of the Barossa Valley on our opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach. 3 Night Stay: Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Day 2. Barossa Valley (B,L,D)
We start our day at the majestic Chateau Tanunda, the largest and oldest chateau in Australia, taking a tour of this beautiful estate, its vineyards, winemaking area and barrel hall. Our next stop is the Maggie Beer Farm Shop where we settle down to enjoy a private cooking demonstration that will add some Maggie flare to our home-cooking. Learn the history of the farm, sample the dishes cooked and enjoy a tasting of the vintage wines and ciders. After lunch at The Farm Eatery there’s time to browse through the shop and enjoy the country atmosphere. Later, our afternoon takes us to Mengler’s Hill lookout, the famous Herbig Family Tree, and the intriguing Whispering Wall at the Barossa Reservoir.
Day 3. Barossa Valley (B,L,D)
Aside from hosting many of Australia’s most recognisable wine brands, the Barossa offers a rich cultural heritage, flawless scenery and plenty of genuine country hospitality. Located on the ‘Western Ridge’ of the Barossa Valley, Seppeltsfield combines over 420 acres of vineyard, gardens and heritage-listed architecture. The estate is surrounded by a small settlement – named Seppeltsfield itself – and some of the most picturesque landscapes to be found in the region. Our guided tour takes us behind the scenes to look through the estate’s treasure trove of historical buildings. We learn the Seppelt family history, enjoy a tasting and discover the Homestead verandah, Elm Walk, distillery and underground blending cellar. For lunch we picnic in the grounds feasting on a platter of delicacies from across the Barossa. To finish off our foodie experience today, we stop in at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company to pair the region’s wines with their decadent chocolates.
Day 4. Wirrina Cove (B,MT,L,D)
We start our day with a visit to the Barossa Chateau nestled in a beautiful garden boasting over 30,000 roses. Here we explore the estate, gardens and collection of art and antiques on a guided tour, before enjoying morning tea in these stunning surrounds. Leaving the Barossa Valley behind we continue on to the quaint Bavarian village of Hahndorf. Discover the original ‘Fachwerk’ buildings, many beautifully maintained or restored to original conditions before we indulge in a German-themed luncheon at the Hahndorf Inn. Our afternoon takes us into the Fleurieu Peninsula. 1 Night Stay: New Terry Hotel & Golf Resort, Wirrina Cove
Day 5. Kangaroo Island (B,L,D)
Taking an early ferry from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island we meet our local guide and begin our island nature experience. At Raptor Domain we experience an ‘In-Flight’ Australian Birds of Prey Display and meet an array of Australian birds and raptors including Wedge Tailed Eagles, Osprey and Sea Eagles. For lunch we break at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery for a fresh Marron salad, and then continue on to spectacular Seal Bay Conservation Park for a memorable guided walk along the beach which is home to a healthy Australian sea lion colony. 2 Night Stay: Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge *Note the Kangaroo Island itinerary may vary due to recent bushfires.
Day 6. Kangaroo Island (B,L,D)
This morning we travel to the western section of the island and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park. At Cape du Couedic we see at close range some of the 10,000 healthy long-nosed fur seals in their colony, then discover the intriguing Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. After lunch we make a visit to Emu Bay Lavender Farm to learn about their lavender production, then stop in at Clifford’s Honey Farm to see Ligurian bees in their hives, learn about the extraction process and taste some of the golden nectar including Honey Mead. Tonight we dine at the first Chef Hatted restaurant on the island, Sunset Food and Wine enjoying elevated 180 degree sea views of the Eastern Cove and beyond.
Day 7. Adelaide (B,L,D)
Our day starts with a stop at Pennington Bay before we visit Cape Willoughby Conservation Park, home to South Australia’s first lighthouse built in 1852. On our tour we discover the areas early role in coastal shipping, colonial trading and passenger transport. Our next stop is Dudley Wines, a finalist in the Australian Cellar Door of the Year awards. We enjoy a wine tasting of their premium boutique wines, indulge in a platter lunch using local small goods and produce, and admire the magnificent views from this clifftop cellar door. After lunch we board the ferry to return to the mainland and transfer to Adelaide. 1 Night Stay: Rydges Adelaide
Day 8. End of Tour, Flights home (B)
We make a relaxed start to the day then take a brief city sights tour discovering the downtown region before we arrive at the airport for our flights home.
B = Full Breakfast MT = Morning Tea L = Lunch AT = Afternoon Tea D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2020|
- Non-refundable deposit of $800pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for air and coach components.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 20 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 45 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Return economy class flights to Adelaide ex Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
- Opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach travel
- 3 nights Barossa Valley
- Chateau Tanunda tour
- Maggie Beer Farm Shop cooking demonstration and lunch at The Farm Eatery
- Mengler’s Hill lookout; Herbig Family Tree; Whispering Wall at Barossa Reservoir
- Seppeltsfield Estate guided tour and private wine tasting
- Benno’s Barossa Platter picnic lunch
- Barossa Valley Chocolate Company tasting matching wine with chocolate
- Barossa Chateau tour and morning tea
- Hahndorf village visit and German-themed luncheon at Hahndorf Inn
- 1 night Fleurieu Peninsula
- Ferry transport to/from Kangaroo Island and local comfort plus coach touring
- Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery Marron lunch
- Guided beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Gourmet dinner at Sunset Food & Wine
- Flinders Chase National Park; Remarkable Rocks; Admirals Arch
- Tour and tasting at Emu Bay Lavender Farm
- Tour and tasting at Clifford’s Honey Farm
- Wine tasting & platter lunch at Dudley Wines
- Cape Willoughby Lighthouse tour
- 1 night Adelaide
- Adelaide city sights tour
- 20 meals
- ‘Diamond Class’ tours include a beverage package each evening with dinner **(standard beer, wine, spirits and soft drink capped to a bar tab not unlimited)