DAY 1: ARRIVE WELLINGTON (D)
On arrival into Wellington, you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours representative and transferred to your hotel. This evening meet your Tour Leader and travelling companions. Hotel Ibis Wellington (2 nights)
DAY 2: WELLINGTON (B)
A highlight this morning will be time to explore Gallipoli: A Scale of War exhibition at Te Papa, New Zealand’s National Museum. Cutting edge technology brings these stories to life through the eyes of New Zealanders who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. Reboard your coach for an extensive city tour which showcases the history and culture on show. Enjoy free time this afternoon and this evening is also free to choose your own dining arrangements.
DAY 3: WELLINGTON – TAUPO – ROTORUA (B,D)
Depart Wellington and view the snow-capped peaks of Mt Ruapehu and Mt Tongariro as you travel to Lake Taupo. Visit the spectacular Huka Falls then travel along the Thermal Explorer Highway to the geothermal wonderland and cultural capital of New Zealand, Rotorua. Hotel Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (2 nights)
DAY 4: ROTORUA (B,SD)
Today begins with a gondola ride and breakfast at Skyline Rotorua. There is also time for a thrilling luge ride! Next stop is Agrodome for an action-packed hour of farming entertainment and education that is unlike anything you’ve seen before. Visit Te Puia to see the boiling mud pools and awesome geysers that Rotorua is famous for. Enjoy some free time this afternoon. This evening experience an entertaining Mãori Hãngi and Concert.
DAY 5: ROTORUA – AUCKLAND – BAY OF ISLANDS (B,D)
This morning depart Rotorua and travel north via Auckland. Continue via Whangarei to Paihia, situated in the heart of the beautiful Bay of Islands. Enjoy an introduction to the Bay of Islands, location of the signing of the treaty between the Mãori tribes and the British. Hotel Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge (2 nights)
DAY 6: BAY OF ISLANDS (B)
Today you will explore the scenic beauty of the Bay of Islands aboard a luxury catamaran. Cruise to Cape Brett and the famous Hole in the Rock, keep an eye out for dolphins and other marine life. Return to Paihia for a free afternoon where a range of optional activities are available or you may choose to relax and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere of the waterfront. This evening is also free, you may like to enjoy a relaxing dinner cruise (optional).
DAY 7: BAY OF ISLANDS – AUCKLAND (B,D)
Depart the Bay of Islands this morning and travel via Whangarei and Dargaville to Matakohe. Enjoy a visit and informative talk at the Kauri Museum before continuing to Auckland for a city sights tour. This evening enjoy a final dinner with your new found friends. Hotel Rydges Auckland
DAY 8: DEPART AUCKLAND (B)
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner.
dates & pricing
|Oct 15, 26|
|Nov 11, 21|
|Feb 12, 22|
|Mar 5, 10, 21|
|Apr 4, 11, 18|
- REEF N OUTBACK SPECIAL – SAVE $100 PER PERSON OFF ADVERTISED TOUR PRICE. *Does not apply to seasonal discount offer dates
- SEASONAL OFFER Save $200 per person on dates marked with *
- Prices per person twinshare
- All dates guaranteed departures
- Single Supplement $830
- Escort provided on arrival into New Zealand
Highlights & inclusions
- Te Papa, NZ’s National Museum
- Skyline Rotorua Gondola and Luge Ride
- Thermal mud pools and geysers*
- Traditional Mãori Hãngi and Concert
- Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
- Kauri Museum
- City sights tour of Wellington and Auckland
- *Guided tour. is included with 1 guide per 24 travellers.
- 48 seats on a Classic touring coach
- 2 door access; overhead travel bag storage
- Restroom; panoramic viewing
- Professional Coach Captain
- Tour Leader
- Personalised Meet and Greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- 7 nights 3.5 star accommodation
- 3 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 1 cruise
- All sightseeing and prepaid attractions
- Extensive Optional Tours Programme
- Classic Documentation Pack
- 7 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 5 sumptuous dinners including 1 specialty dinner: Mãori Hãngi and Concert, Rotorua.
- Enjoy GPT Wine Time (discounted drinks)
- *Dinner on Day 1 not included for anyone arriving later than 8pm.