DAY 1. Thu 20 Dec – ARRIVE HOBART (AT,D)
Our flight arrives in Hobart where we are met by our coach captain and head to historic Richmond, home to the picturesque sandstone bridge over the Coal River. Here we stop for a light afternoon tea before returning to Hobart to check-in. 6 Night Stay: Studio Rooms at The Old Woolstore, Hobart
DAY 2. Fri 21 Dec – PORT ARTHUR (B,L,D)
Today we make a visit to Port Arthur penal settlement, a part of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Australian Convict Sites. We embark on a guided walking tour of the former seaside penal colony, where we explore more than 30 restored buildings and ruins, and learn the brutal history of the settlement. Next, take a 30 minute cruise across Carnarvon Harbour and around the Isle of the Dead before heading to Eaglehawk Neck and visiting some of the many formations of the south east coast, namely Tasman’s Arch, Devils Kitchen and the Tessellated Pavement.
DAY 3. Sat 22 Dec – SALAMANCA MARKETS, HUON VALLEY (B,L,D)
This morning we visit the Salamanca Markets at historic Salamanca Place. Located next to the waterfront with 300 stall holders, it’s an experience that is hard to beat. We then travel to the picturesque Huon Valley to visit the Tahune Airwalk for a BBQ lunch and guided walk through the breathtaking forest canopy. Returning to Hobart we travel through Battery Point and Sandy Bay to enjoy the panoramic views from Mount Nelson. Tonight we dine out, enjoying the vibrant maritime atmosphere and freshest Tasmanian seafood at the iconic Drunken Admiral.
DAY 4. Sun 23 Dec – BRUNY ISLAND (B,L,D)
Discover everything that makes Bruny Island amazing as we embark on a sightseeing and food tour. Enjoy a gourmet experience tasting fresh local produce, spot wildlife, walk the beaches, climb The Neck Lookout and tour the iconic Cape Bruny Lighthouse. Then tonight we have dinner at the stately 1807 pub, the Hope and Anchor Tavern.
DAY 5. Mon 24 Dec – BONORONG WILDLIFE PARK, LUNCH CRUISE (B,L,D)
This morning we visit Bonorong Wildlife Park, Tasmania’s largest wildlife rescue service, home to many animals that would be extinct if not for the island refuge of Tasmania. Next we board the Spirit of Hobart for an historic lunch cruise taking in Victoria Dock, Macquarie Wharf and the Botanical Gardens. The rest of the afternoon is free to enjoy, perhaps visit the unique and controversial MONA (Museum of Old and New Art).
DAY 6. Tue 25 Dec – MERRY CHRISTMAS (B,L,D)
Merry Christmas! We meet for a festive breakfast together then take the morning to relax. Perhaps take a stroll down to the waterfront before we gather together for the highlight of the day, a very special Christmas Day lunch at Hadley’s Orient Hotel. Be enchanted by the stunning chandeliers, vintage wallpaper and charming atmosphere of this heritage-listed building, whilst enjoying a long lunch of traditional and seafood fare with all of the Christmas trimmings.
DAY 7. Wed 26 Dec – FLIGHTS HOME (B)
Wake to our last morning in Tasmania and after our final breakfast together, we make tracks for the airport and our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2018|
- Non-refundable deposit of $1000pp required within 14 days of making booking to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for air and coach components.
- N.B. Sole Use price is for accommodation only and does not include single seat on coach.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Return economy class flights ex Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to Hobart
- 6 nights Hobart; Hobart city tour; Richmond
- Port Arthur Penal Settlement guided tour
- Isle of the Dead Cruise
- Eaglehawk Neck, Tasman Arch, Devil’s Kitchen
- Salamanca Markets; Drunken Admiral dinner
- Huon Valley, Tahune Airwalk
- Sandy Bay, Battery Point, Mount Nelson
- Bruny Island sightseeing, food & lighthouse tour
- Dinner at the Hope & Anchor Tavern
- Derwent River lunch cruise
- Christmas Day lunch with fresh Tassie delicacies, traditional fare & included beverages at the historic Hadley’s Orient Hotel
- 17 meals