Day 1. Brisbane to Port Macquarie (MT,L,D)
Departing on our opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach from Roma Street, Brisbane, we travel south down the coast to Kingscliff, breaking seaside for morning tea. From here we travel on to New Italy a small village near Woodburn, housing The New Italy Museum which was developed as a tribute to the courage and strength of early Italian pioneering families. We break here for lunch taking time at the museum before we continue on through Coffs Harbour and finish our day at Port Macquarie where we stay for the evening. 1 Night Stay: Sails Resort, Port Macquarie
Day 2. Port Macquarie to Hunter Valley (B,MT,L,D)
Today we continue our journey south, breaking for morning tea at Buladelah before arriving in the beautiful Hunter Valley. On arrival we set the scene for a progressive lunch where our main course is enjoyed at The Cellar Restaurant. We then spend the afternoon grazing and sipping on the area’s finest delicacies and delicious wine, visiting a local winery for a tasting and cheese platter. We finish our day treating our palettes with a sweet treat at the local artisan chocolate shop before checking in at our hotel. 1 Night Stay: Mercure Hunter Valley
Day 3. Hunter Valley to Sydney (B,L,D)
A leisurely start to today to enjoy a rest or a walk through the beautiful Hunter Valley Gardens. Leaving the Hunter Valley behind, we make our way to the picturesque seaside town of Manly. Enjoy some time to take in the seabreeze and wander the main streets before departing via a drive by North Head. We then continue our scenic driving tour of some of Sydney’s highlights. Sights will include the famous and luxurious Kirribilli area, where you can capture the perfect image of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, go past the The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, the Art Gallery of New South Wales and Kings Cross. This afternoon, we check in at our accommodation. 3 Night Stay: Sir Stamford at Circular Quay
Day 4. Sydney (B,L,D)
This morning enjoy some retail therapy time before making our way into Darling Harbour. Take time to capture the sights and sounds and the hustle and bustle of Darling Harbour, take a trip up the stairs of the iconic Sydney Opera House or grab a coffee in one of the many waterfront restaurants. We re-group to board Sydney’s newest glass boat, the Clearview – the perfect venue to enjoy buffet lunch whilst taking in the all that Sydney Harbour is known for. With spacious entertainment areas, including a mezzanine cocktail lounge and a semi-open Sky Deck, this vessel is a great cruising venue that offers roving harbour views. **Please note: The lunch buffet cruise company does not cater to specific dietary needs. Requests for dietary (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free), substitutions and modifications of menus on board the cruise will be politely declined.
Day 5. Sydney (B,L,D)
Today we step back in time taking a short ferry ride from Sydney to Cockatoo Island. On arrival we join a local historian guide who will provide an overview of the island’s history,revealing stories and anecdotes about convict life and fascinating characters of the island’s colourful past. This afternoon we take time to rest before the main event this evening. Tonight, we have the best seats in the house that are available. Our ‘Diamond Class’ tours have secured level 5 private suites offering five-star hospitality and outside private balcony to experience the electrifying atmosphere of the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo event, with a breathtaking view of the action. Our private suite inclusions also offer a premium cocktail style menu, a 4 hour beverage package which includes unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks, a souvenir program and dedicated service staff. 1,200 performers from around the globe create an unrivalled display before a full-size replica of Edinburgh Castle. At the heart of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is the stirring sight and sound of the magnificent Massed Pipes and Drums of Scotland’s famous regiments. Marvel at the extraordinary, life-size replica of the Castle façade with performers entering the stadium by crossing the drawbridge just as they do in Edinburgh. The grand finale draws together the entire cast of more than 1,200 for that international song of love and friendship, Auld Lang Syne. The Lone Piper, standing high on the castle ramparts, brings the event to a poignant conclusion, leaving memories that will be treasured forever.
Day 6. Flights home from Sydney (B)
Following breakfast at your leisure, we check out at 10am before transferring to Sydney Airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
|$3999||$4999||Oct 13 – Diamond Class|
|Oct 18* – Diamond Class|
- *Oct 18 operates to a different itinerary
- Non-refundable deposit of $2000pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for air and coach components.
- Due to the popularity of this major event, deposit and final payment are governed by the venue terms and conditions.
- Deposit is non-refundable and full final payment is due prior to 31 March 2019 and is non-refundable.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach travel ex Brisbane
- New Italy village for lunch and museum visit
- 1 night Port Macquarie
- Hunter Valley food and wine trail
- 1 night Hunter Valley
- Sydney sights driving tour
- 3 nights 5 star accommodation in Sydney
- Cockatoo Island heritage tour
- Sydney Harbour lunch cruise in the Clearview glass boat
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo show in private suites with outdoor balcony
- 4 hour standard beverage package, souvenir program, premium cocktail menu with dedicated service staff per suite
- One way economy class flight ex Sydney to Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide
- 15 meals
PRE TOUR EXTENDER OPTION – 1 additional day (TOTAL 7 DAY TOUR)
- One way economy class flight ex Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide to Brisbane
- 1 additional night bed & breakfast pre-tour at Sofitel Brisbane Central
- One way Airtrain ticket ex Brisbane Domestic Terminal to Central Station
- Plus $450pp Twin Share, Plus $519 Sole Use
- Subject to availability – some block out dates apply. Prices are subject to change without notice