Day 1. Brisbane to Port Macquarie (MT,L,D)
Departing on our luxury ‘Gold Class’ coach from Roma Street, Brisbane, we travel south down the coast to Kingscliff, breaking seaside for morning tea. From here we travel on to New Italy a small village near Woodburn, housing The New Italy Museum which was developed as a tribute to the courage and strength of early Italian pioneering families. We break here for lunch taking time at the museum before we continue on through Coffs Harbour and finishing our day at Port Macquarie where we stay the evening. 1 Night Stay: Sails Resort, Port Macquarie
Day 2. Port Macquarie to Hunter Valley (B,MT,L,D)
Today we continue our journey south, breaking for morning tea at Buladelah before arriving in the beautiful Hunter Valley. On arrival we set the scene for a progressive lunch where our main course is enjoyed at The Cellar Restaurant. We then spend theafternoon grazing and sipping on the area’s finest delicacies and delicious wine, visiting a local winery for a tasting and cheese platter. We finish our day treating our palettes with a sweet treat at the local artisan chocolate shop before checking in at our hotel. **Please note: These rooms are accessed by stairs. 1 Night Stay: Mercure Hunter Valley
Day 3. Hunter Valley to Sydney (B,L,D)
A leisurely start to today to enjoy arest or a walk through the beautiful Hunter Valley Gardens. Leaving the Hunter Valley behind, we make ourway to the picturesque seaside town of Manly. Enjoy some time to take in the seabreeze and wander the main streets before departing via a drive by North Head. We then continue our scenic driving tour of some of Sydney’s highlights. Sights will include the famous and luxurious Kirribilli area, where you can capture the perfect image of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, go past the The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, the Art Gallery of New South Wales and Kings Cross. This afternoon, we check in at our accommodation. 3 Night Stay: Rydges Sydney Central
Day 4. Sydney (B,L,D)
This morning enjoy some retail therapy time before making our way into Darling Harbour. Take time to capture the sights and sounds and the hustle and bustle of Darling Harbour, take a trip up the stairs of the iconic Sydney Opera House or grab a coffee in one of the many waterfront restaurants. We re-group to board the vessel for our lunch buffet cruise – the perfect venue to dine out on whilst taking in the all that Sydney Harbour is known for. With spacious entertainment areas, including a mezzanine cocktail lounge and a semi-open Sky Deck, this vessel is a great cruising venue that offers roving harbour views. **Please note: The lunch buffet cruise company does not cater to specific dietary needs. Requests for dietary (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free), substitutions and modifications of menus on board our cruises will be politely declined.
Day 5. Sydney (B,L,D)
Today we step back in time taking a short ferry ride from Sydney to Cockatoo Island. On arrival we join a local historian guide who will provide an overview of the island’s history, revealing stories and anecdotes about convict life and fascinating characters of the island’s colourful past. This afternoon we take time to rest before the main event this evening. Tonight, we have the best seats in the house that are available. The Gold Class tours will have a VIP experience at the Jubilee Dinner. Along with a Platinum category ticket, you will get a three-course Scottish themed sit down dinner with premium beer, wine and soft drinks. The intimate dining space will be lavishly decorated and entertainment will ensure you are transported to a Scottish castle for the evening. You will also receive a souvenir gift and a padded seat cushion for you to enjoy the spectacle in comfort from the perfect viewing spot on Level 5. 1,200 performers from around the globe create an unrivalled display before a fullsize replica of Edinburgh Castle. At the heart of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is the stirring sight and sound of the magnificent Massed Pipes and Drums of Scotland’s famous regiments. Marvel at the extraordinary, life-size replica of the Castle façade with performers entering the stadium by crossing the drawbridge just as they do in Edinburgh. The grand finale draws together the entire cast of more than 1,200 for that international song of love and friendship, Auld Lang Syne. The Lone Piper, standing high on the castle ramparts, brings the event to a poignant conclusion, leaving memories that will be treasured forever.
Day 6. Flights home from Sydney (B)
Following breakfast at your leisure, we check out at 10am before transferring to Sydney Airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast MT = Morning Tea L = Lunch AT = Afternoon Tea D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
|$3399||$4099||Oct 13 – Gold Class – SOLD OUT|
|Oct 14* – Gold Class – SOLD OUT|
|Oct 18* – Gold Class – SOLD OUT|
|Oct 19* – Gold Class|
- *Oct, 14, 18 & 19 operate to a slightly different itinerary
- Non-refundable deposit of $2000pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for air and coach components.
- Due to the popularity of this major event, deposit and final payment are governed by the venue terms and conditions.
- Deposit is non-refundable and full final payment is due prior to 31 March 2019 and is non-refundable.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- ‘Gold Class’ coach travel ex Brisbane
- New Italy village for lunch and museum visit
- 1 night Port Macquarie
- Hunter Valley food and wine trail
- 1 night Hunter Valley
- Sydney sights driving tour
- 3 nights accommodation in Sydney
- Cockatoo Island heritage tour
- Sydney Harbour lunch cruise
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo show in the platinum category with premium level 5 seating
- Jubilee Package featuring pre-show sit down Scottish themed 3 course dinner with premium beer, wine and soft drinks
- One way economy class flight ex Sydney to Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide
- 15 meals
PRE TOUR EXTENDER OPTION – 1 additional day (TOTAL 7 DAY TOUR)
- One way economy class flight ex Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide to Brisbane
- 1 additional night bed & breakfast pre-tour at Sofitel Brisbane Central
- One way Airtrain ticket ex Brisbane Domestic Terminal to Central Station
- Plus $450pp Twin Share, Plus $519 Sole Use
- Subject to availability – some block out datesapply. Prices are subject to change without notice