DAY 1. Brisbane to Roma (MT,L,D)
Departing on Fun Over Fifty’s luxury ‘Gold Class’ coach from Brisbane Transit Centre, we travel through the rich fertile area of the Lockyer Valley, arriving at Picnic Point Toowoomba for morning tea. We continue through Dalby, breaking for lunch at Chinchilla, then make our way to Roma. 1 Night Stay: Explorers Inn, Roma
DAY 2. Roma to Carnarvon Gorge (B,MT,L,D)
This morning we head north, breaking at Injune, before making our way into Carnarvon Gorge National Park, an oasis hidden in the rugged ranges of Queensland’s Central Highlands. Featuring towering white sandstone cliffs, spectacular scenery, incredible bushwalks, pockets of rainforest, and an amazing diversity of flora and fauna. Enjoy lunch on the deck before checking into our unique timber and canvas Safari Cabins. This afternoon is free to discover hidden creeks and small self guided bushwalks in close proximity to the Lodge. 3 Night Stay: Carnarvon Gorge Wilderness Lodge
DAY 3. Carnarvon Gorge (B,L,D)
Don your gloves and roll up your sleeves as we take part in building Fun Over Fifty gardens, our contribution to our 10 years of visiting this wonderful oasis. We will be adding a plaque to showcase our connection with this special piece of paradise. We will relax and enjoy lunch on the deck before we finish our day planting special herbs and vegetables in the Chef’s garden.
DAY 4. Carnarvon Gorge (B,L,D)
For the early risers, take a self guided walk to Mickey’s Creek to spot the elusive platypus. Later this morning we enjoy a guided walk into the Gorge with experienced local guide to the Moss Gardens. Discover a rich mosaic of mosses, ferns and lichens where the microclimate sustains a lush rainforest environment. This afternoon following lunch, there is an option for you to take to the skies on scenic helicopter flight (own expense).
DAY 5. Carnarvon Gorge to Gayndah (B,MT,L,D)
We depart and make our way to the small township of Rolleston. Fun Over Fifty have been supporting the Coffee Cart for the past 3 years, which raises funds to beautify the local park. During our stop here we will offer funds from The Green Bank to support the community. Our afternoon takes us via Moura to Gayndah. 1 Night Stay: Country Roads Motel, Gayndah
DAY 6. Arrive Brisbane (B,MT,L)
Homeward bound making our way slowly south, we break for a cuppa at Gympie then continue on to the Ginger Factory for train tour and lunch before arriving back into Brisbane mid afternoon.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $300pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- SAVE 40% off (reduced from normal price of $2150pp) for saving and protecting our natural habitats and wildlife! (Plus any donations to the Green Bank for this cause. See booking form for contribution to Green Bank)
- PLEASE NOTE: These tours are designed and subsidised by Fun Over Fifty for the sole purpose of environmental benefits to the communities we visit. All guests that book this tour MUST HAVE the fitness levels to participate in all revegetation work.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings & walk through soft sand
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage