DAY 1. Tuesday – Arrive Melbourne (D)
Flying into Melbourne we’re set to unearth this vibrant and exciting city. First up we board our opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach and make our way into the hub of Melbourne enjoying a city sights tour along the way. 3 Night Stay: Crowne Plaza, Melbourne CBD
DAY 2. Wednesday – Melbourne Shopping & River Cruise (B,L,D)
Today we’ll enjoy a relaxed and fun day of discount retail therapy without the worry of carrying bags, negotiating public transport or finding directions. Join our local shopaholic tour host exploring back-street warehouses, pop-up sales and discount shopping streets such as Swan Street, Bridge Road and Smith Street. Discover Melbourne’s inner city suburbs including Richmond, Collingwood and Fitzroy as you shop till you drop in fashion discount outlets, accessory, bag and shoe shops and hard-to-find warehouse sales. We take you to the outlets that you may not find on your own, away from the shopping centres. Then it’s time to give your feet a rest and ignite your taste buds as we experience Australia’s best Little Italy. Brunetti’s in Lygon Street, Carlton is set in a sophisticated Roman aesthetic, replete with marble, murals and mosaics – the perfect location for an Italian indulgence. Next we head to Southbank Promenade to join Melbourne River Cruises. Within moments of departing Melbourne’s cultural centre we are cruising alongside picturesque gardens, parklands and some of our famous sporting arenas. GGP
DAY 3. Thursday – Explore Melbourne, Her Majesty’s Theatre “Muriel’s Wedding” (B,L,D)
This morning we embark on a walking tour of Melbourne’s signature lanes and arcades, seeking out some of the cities quirkiest cafes, independent designers, street art, architecture and historical tales that make the city so enchanting. At the conclusion of our tour we break for lunch at Mr Tulk in the State Library of Victoria. The rest of the day is free to unearth the Melbourne of your choice, perhaps stroll along cultural Southbank to the Botanic Gardens, or visit the Melbourne Museum, the world is your oyster. Later we reunite for a night out on the town. Her Majesty’s Theatre is Melbourne’s premier theatre in the East End Theatre District, bringing Broadway to Australia and showcasing musicals, operas, plays and concerts. The elegant facade of the 1886 building, and superb Art Deco luxury of the renovated interior of the 1930’s create a majestic experience as we dine before taking our seats in readiness for the smash-hit musical, Muriel’s Wedding. Get ready to laugh, cry and sing along as this iconic Australian film takes to the stage! GGP
DAY 4. Friday – Flights Home (B)
A leisurely start to the day before we make our way to Tullamarine Airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
- Non-refundable deposit of $800pp required to secure your reservation.
- Select the GGP option to help reduce pressures on our natural environment and get a reduced price of your tour. SAVE: $20PP TWIN SHARE OR $40 SOLE USE
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 10 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 30 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Return economy class flights to Melbourne ex Brisbane, Sydney or Adelaide
- Opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach touring
- 3 nights Melbourne CBD
- Exclusive shopaholic tour with local guide
- Little Italy lunch at Brunetti’s on Lygon Street
- Yarra River cruise
- Lunch at Mr Tulk in the State Library of Victoria
- Laneways and arcades guided walking tour
- Dinner & Show at Her Majesty’s Theatre
- 8 meals