Day 1. Friday – Brisbane to Armidale (MT,L,D)
Departing from the Brisbane Transit Centre on our luxury ‘Gold Class’ coach, we travel through the lush pastures and fertile farmlands of the Lockyer Valley, over Cunningham’s Gap and via Warwick and Stanthorpe to Tenterfield. Enjoy lunch with 360 degree views at the popular Tenterfield Golf Club. Our afternoon takes us via the Celtic country of Glen Innes and Glencoe, finishing our day at Armidale. 3 Night Stay: Cotswold Gardens, Armidale
Day 2. Saturday – Tamworth Country Music Festival (B,D)
We spend a full day today visiting Tamworth Country Music Festival. The festival is an annual music festival and is a celebration of country music culture and heritage in particular the national Australian country music scene, with numerous concerts and live performances at various venues, along with talented buskers, bush poets, line dancing and market stalls. We return to Armidale mid-afternoon. **Lunch is at own expense at the festival.
Day 3. Sunday – Australia Day (B,L,D)
Happy Australia Day! Today we celebrate what we love about Australia on our national day. Don your best ‘Aussie Outfit’ and have a beaut day out with fellow travellers. We visit Tamworth to browse the markets and stalls before making our way to the historic DAG Sheep Station. This will be an Australia Day not to be forgotten! Enjoy a gourmet Aussie BBQ lunch and hilarious performance by Fun Over Fifty’s exclusive Celebrity Guest. An afternoon of food, drink and laughter, just perfect. GGP
Day 4. Monday – Return to Brisbane (B,L)
Our short break Australia Day long weekend comes to an end as we travel home via the scenic Waterfall Way, breaking for a cuppa at Dundurrabin and then lunch at Grafton before taking the last leg of our day’s journey to the Brisbane Transit Centre, returning approximately 5pm.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $350pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- Select the Green Guest Policy (GGP) option to help reduce pressures on our natural environment and get a reduced price of your tour. SAVE: $20PP TWIN SHARE OR $40 SOLE USE
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 1 (EASY) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in guided or unguided small walking tours at a relaxed pace
• Walking on mostly level ground
• Tackle an occasional flight of stairs or incline
• Occasional need to stand for up to 10 minutes
• Getting on and off transportation unaided
• Manage your own luggage