Day 1. Brisbane to Warwick (MT,D)
Departing on our luxury ‘Gold Class’ coach from Brisbane Transit Centre, we make our way via the scenic Lockyer Valley, where our first stop for Devonshire morning tea is at the tranquil Bestbrook Mountain Resort. Take time to browse around the coach house, stables and grounds, where you will find a large collection of antiques, collectibles and vintage machinery. For extra FUN we have arranged a wagon ride through the paddocks and livestock. Afterwards, we arrive in Warwick for some free time at the festival before re-gathering to join a local guide for a walking tour discovering the Jumper Exhibition. During the festival, the streets are transformed into an outdoor gallery where the street trees are wrapped in charming textile artwork and the hum and acoustic delights of live jazz musicians ring out across the city. Lunch own expense at festival. 2 Night Stay: Coachman’s Inn** OR McNevins Motel, Warwick
Day 2. Warwick Jumpers and Jazz Festival (B,D)
Free time at the festival, a visual treat for all with exhibitions, workshops, demonstrations, pop-up shops and of course the delightful array of jazz musicians who entertain from every turn in the city. This afternoon we re-gather and take a leisurely stroll through town accompanied by the Town Crier. Tonight, we partake in our famous Christmas in July dinner & show! For starters, gorge yourself on fun with our expert in the art of French gastronomy and giggles, the kookiest of cooks, ‘Pierre Croissant’. For mains, be tantalised by the beautiful Mediterranean minx of madness and merriment, ‘Lasagne Baclava’… a big girl with a big heart… and for dessert, bring home the yuletide grin with ‘Carlos Tostidos’, our brave, handsome, Spanish bullfighting Matador – with more bull than you ever bargained for. Come dressed in your best European or Christmas theme garb and add to the fun of what will be a memorable night!. Lunch own expense at festival.
Day 3. Warwick, Toowoomba & Return to Brisbane (B,L)
This morning we spend more time at the festival before re-boarding the coach and making our way to historic Glengallan Homestead for a guided tour. After more than 70 years of decline and dereliction, this homestead emerges from the ruins of the 1867 sandstone mansion as a unique heritage experience. Walk through time and re-live the Glengallan story from squattocracy to farmer settlement. After lunch, we travel via Toowoomba, descend the range and take time at Schulte’s famous butcher at Plainland. A family owned and operated business that was founded in 1952, Wolfgang Peter Schulte was an immigrant from Germany who trained as a master butcher before travelling to Australian shores. We then make our way back to Roma Street Transit Centre in Brisbane
Please note: The 2020 program had not been released at time of print. Activities are subject to the new program. As there are two groups travelling on this tour, free upgrade on Coach 1 to Coachman’s Inn for early bookings.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2020|
- Non-refundable deposit of $300pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach component.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 1 (EASY) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in guided or unguided small walking tours at a relaxed pace
• Walking on mostly level ground
• Tackle an occasional flight of stairs or incline
• Occasional need to stand for up to 10 minutes
• Get on and off transportation unaided
• Manage your own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Luxury ‘Gold Class’ coach travel
- Bestbrook Mountain Retreat morning tea and wagon ride
- Warwick Jumpers and Jazz Festival
- Guided walking tour of the Jumper Exhibition
- Live Jazz music by multiple artists
- Guided tour of historical buildings with the Town Crier
- European Christmas in July dinner & show with 3 lively celebrity guest stars
- Beverage package with Christmas in July dinner
- Lunch and tour of historic Glengallan House
- Schulte’s famous butcher
- 5 meals