DAY 1: ARRIVE SYDNEY (D)
Arrive in Sydney where you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours Guide aboard the Celebrity Solstice. Meet your travelling companions at dinner. Overnight Celebrity Solstice. Port Times Depart at 18:45
DAY 2: NEWCASTLE (B,L,D)
Situated near the port, you will stroll through 200 years of local history, visiting Customs House, now a restaurant and bar; Watt Street, with buildings from the convict era; and Christ Church Cathedral, which still dominates the skyline. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 17:00
DAYS 3 – 4: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Enjoy a quiet refuge by day, gazing over the sea with a cocktail in hand.
DAY 5 – 6: CAIRNS (B,L,D)
Tropical North Queensland is surrounded by lush rainforest and is the gateway for an excursion to the Great Barrier Reef. If you go inland, explore the rainforest by cable car and scenic railway, soaring above treetops, peering into gorges and observing jungle waterfalls. Overnight in port. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 16:00
DAY 7: AIRLIE BEACH (B,L,D)
Airlie Beach is popular with backpackers, yachtsmen, and other lovers of the tropical lifestyle. You can sail among the calm, protected waters of the Whitsunday Islands or shop at the lovely seaside markets and galleries with friendly artists. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 17:00
DAY 8: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Relax and enjoy the comforts of this stunning superliner. While at sea enjoy the on board facilities, world-class cuisine and the entertainment not to mention your deluxe balcony cabin.
DAY 9: BRISBANE (B,L,D)
A visit to Brisbane offers endless opportunities, from meeting the local wildlife, to visiting the Gold Coast for a swim to taking in the bohemian vibe at Fortitude Valley. Port Times Arrive 07:00 Depart 16:00
DAY 10 – 11: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Cruise across the Tasman Sea to the Land of the Long White Cloud.
DAY 12: BAY OF ISLANDS (B,L,D)
The beaches in this region are considered some of the world’s finest with their perfect white sand and crystal-clear water. Port Times Arrive 10:00 Depart 20:00
DAY 13: ARRIVE AUCKLAND – CITY SIGHTS TOUR (B,D)
This morning arrive into the beautiful ‘City of Sails’, Auckland. Disembark the ship, meet your Coach Captain and enjoy an informative city tour of Auckland. Travel to Matakana to visit Sculptureum, an art experience that is internationally unique. Enjoy time to wander through the Garden of Creative Diversity and to view the hundreds of displayed works in the Galleries and garden all designed to amuse and inspire. Return to Auckland where there is time to visit Sky Tower at leisure. Hotel Skycity Hotel
DAY 14: AUCKLAND – ROTORUA (B,L,D)
Travel to Waikato’s most visited attraction, the Hamilton Gardens. A guided tour will take you on a journey from the peaceful Sung Dynasty Chinese Scholar’s garden into an Italian Renaissance garden followed by the grandeur of the Indian Char Bagh garden. Next visit Hobbiton for lunch followed by an experience of the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set. A guide will escort you through the ten acre site recounting fascinating details of how the set was created. Continue to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua. Hotel Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (Superior Room. 2 nights)
DAY 15: ROTORUA (B,SD)
Today begins with a Gondola ride to the Stratosfare Restaurant where a buffet breakfast and spectacular views are on offer. There is also time for a luge ride! Next stop is the Agrodome for an action packed hour of farming entertainment and education that’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. Travel to Te Puia for a tour of the boiling mud pools and awesome Geysers that Rotorua is famous for. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to a Maori Village for an interactive and educational experience which culminates with a cultural performance and traditional hangi feast.
DAY 16: ROTORUA – NAPIER (B,D)
Depart Rotorua and travel along the Thermal Explorer Highway to Huka Falls and Lake Taupo. Continue to Napier known as ‘The Art Deco Capital’, where a city tour will showcase the most comprehensive collection of art deco buildings in the world. Board the Hawke’s Bay Express and hear informative commentary on the city’s fascinating history. Enjoy some free time this afternoon to explore the city or you might choose to do a guided Art Deco walk (optional). Hotel Scenic Hotel Te Pania
DAY 17: NAPIER – WELLINGTON (B,D)
Travel south this morning into Wellington for a city tour of the nation’s capital which will highlight the history and culture on show here. Hotel James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor (2 nights)
DAY 18: WELLINGTON (B)
A highlight this morning will be time to explore Te Papa, New Zealand’s National Museum with exhibits that embrace both Maori and European views. Enjoy time at leisure this afternoon and this evening is also free to explore Wellington’s lively food scene.
DAY 19: WELLINGTON – QUEENSTOWN (B,D)
Travel to Wellington Airport where you will board a local flight to the resort town of Queenstown, located in the South Island. Meet your South Island Coach Captain and enjoy a tour of historic Arrowtown before arriving at your hotel. Hotel Millennium Queenstown (2 nights)
DAY 20: QUEENSTOWN (FREE DAY) (B)
Today is a free day. There are plenty of sightseeing options and your Tour Guide and Coach Captain are available to assist. This evening is also free and you may choose to dine high above Queenstown at the Skyline Restaurant or board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise across Lake Wakatipu for a gourmet barbecue at Walter Peak Station (optional).
DAY 21: QUEENSTOWN – FRANZ JOSEF (B,D)
Depart Queenstown and travel via the Haast Pass to the West Coast, an area of stunning beauty. See the snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps as you travel north to the township of Fox Glacier. Continue to Franz Josef where time is available (weather permitting) to experience a scenic flight (optional) over the spectacular glaciers. Hotel Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier (Douglas Wing)
DAY 22: FRANZ JOSEF – ARTHUR’S PASS – CHRISTCHURCH (B,SD)
Travel to Hokitika and visit the Greenstone Factory. Continue to Arthur’s Pass and board the TranzAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world. Descend through spectacular gorges, river valleys and over massive viaducts before completing your journey at Christchurch. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your new found friends. Hotel Sudima Christchurch Airport Hotel.
DAY 23: DEPART CHRISTCHURCH (B)
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner.
Port arrival and departure times may vary.
dates & pricing
|From||Tour including airfare||Prepaid taxes||Total Per Person Twin Share||Departs 2020|
- REEF N OUTBACK SPECIAL – SAVE $100 PER PERSON OFF ADVERTISED TOUR PRICE
- Prices per person twin share
- Land only $7799pp (no flights)
- Single supplement add $3750
- Prices are in Australian Dollars. **Prepaid taxes are subject to change. Exact amounts will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Fully escorted tour includes airfares^, taxes, luxury cruise, modern coach travel, 4 star hotel accommodation, most meals, sightseeing, attractions + BONUS US$25 onboard credit per stateroom on the Celebrity Solstice.
Highlights & inclusions
- Tour Guide
- Internal flight from Wellington to Queenstown^
- Return flight to homeport from Christchurch^
- Hotel to Airport transfer in Christchurch, Day 23
- Port taxes
- Comprehensive Documentation Pack
- Note: The airfare and transfer to Sydney on Day 1 to join the cruise is not included. Please make your own arrangements.
CELEBRITY SOLSTICE CRUISE (DAY 1 – 12)
- BONUS US$25 onboard credit per stateroom
- Deluxe Balcony Cabin
- Group Meet & Greet + Welcome Dinner
- World-class dining in a range of unique venues (Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily)
- Awesome entertainment
- Inspiring activities such as cooking classes and wine tasting
- Ports of call:
- Newcastle, free time to explore
- Cairns, gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
- Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Coastal town
- Brisbane, Queensland Capital City
- Bay of Islands
- Auckland, ‘City of Sails’
Gratuities on board
SCENIC COACH TOUR (DAY 13 – 23)
- Modern coach travel with 2 door access, restroom, reclining seats and panoramic windows
- Professional Coach Captain
- 10 nights four star hotel accommodation
- 3 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 10 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 8 sumptuous dinners including 2 specialty dinners: Maori Hangi & Concert, Rotorua; Farewell Dinner, Christchurch
- 1 Shire’s buffet lunch: Hobbiton
PRE PAID ATTRACTIONS
- Sculptureum Experience
- Sky Tower
- Hamilton Gardens*
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Skyline Gondola & Luge Ride
- Thermal mud pools & geysers*
- Tamaki Maori Experience
- Hawke’s Bay Express Napier
- Te Papa, NZ’s National Museum
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- City sights tour of Auckland & Wellington
- *Guided tour is included with 1 guide per 24 travellers.