DAY 1: ARRIVE SYDNEY (D)
Arrive in Sydney where you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours Guide aboard the Celebrity Solstice. Meet your travelling companions at dinner. Overnight Celebrity Solstice. Port Times Depart at 18:45
DAY 2: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Relax and enjoy the comforts of this stunning superliner. While at sea enjoy the onboard facilities, world-class cuisine and the entertainment not to mention your deluxe balcony cabin.
DAY 3: HOBART (B,L,D)
Docking in Hobart gives you immediate access to Mount Wellington and its incredibly beautiful surrounds. From there you can look out over the busy harbour, which plays host to yachts from all over the world.
Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 17:00
h2.DAY 4 – 5: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Cruise across the Tasman Sea to the Land of the Long White Cloud.
DAY 6: MILFORD, DOUBTFUL & DUSKY SOUNDS (B,L,D)
Sail into the narrow fiords of Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds. Your ship will seem to shrink in comparison to the towering cliffs topped by lush mountain terrain. Scenic cruising.
DAY 7: DUNEDIN (B,L,D)
Situated on the magnificent Otago coastline, explore Dunedin’s historic architecture and beautiful botanic gardens. Port Times Arrive 09:00 Depart 19:00
DAY 8: AKAROA (B,L,D)
Nestled in the heart of an ancient volcano, Akaroa is rich with beautiful bays and home to the rarest and smallest marine dolphin.
Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 19:00
DAY 9:CRUISING (B,L,D)
Enjoy a quiet refuge by day, gazing over the sea with a cocktail in hand.
DAY 10: TAURANGA (B,L,D)
Known as the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga is located at the entrance to one of the largest natural harbours in New Zealand. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 18:00
DAY 11: ARRIVE AUCKLAND – CITY SIGHTS TOUR (B,D)
This morning arrive into the beautiful ‘City of Sails’, Auckland. Disembark the ship, meet your Coach Captain and enjoy an informative city tour of Auckland which includes the Auckland Domain, Parnell Rose Garden and Bastion Point. This afternoon visit Sky Tower at your leisure, one of New Zealand’s most spectacular attractions. Hotel Skycity Hotel
DAY 12: AUCKLAND – HOKIANGA – BAY OF ISLANDS (B,D)
Depart Auckland and travel to Matakohe to enjoy an informative talk at the Kauri Museum. After lunch travel to the unforgettable Footprints Waipoua encounter, home to some of the largest remaining kauri trees in the world. A local guide will explain how these trees are intertwined with the lives of the local Maori and the important role they play in the ecosystem that is the Waipoua Forest. Continue to Paihia, situated in the heart of the beautiful Bay of Islands Hotel Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands (2 nights)
DAY 13: BAY OF ISLANDS (FREE DAY) (B,D)
Today is free to choose from the many optional activities available. You may like to take a coach trip to Cape Reinga via Ninety Mile Beach, the Hole in the Rock Cruise, or a spectacular scenic flight. The choice is yours and your Tour Guide & Coach Captain will be available to assist.
DAY 14: BAY OF ISLANDS – AUCKLAND (B)
This morning enjoy a guided tour of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the location of the signing of the treaty between the Maori tribes and the British. Farewell the Bay of Islands and drive south via Whangarei and Warkworth to Matakana to visit Sculptureum, an art experience that is internationally unique. Enjoy time to wander through the Garden of Creative Diversity and to view the hundreds of displayed works in the Galleries and garden all designed to amuse and inspire. Return to Auckland where this evening is free to dine at leisure. Hotel Skycity Hotel
DAY 15: AUCKLAND – ROTORUA (B,L,D)
Travel to Waikato’s most visited attraction, the Hamilton Gardens. A guided tour will take you on a journey from the peaceful Sung Dynasty Chinese Scholar’s garden into an Italian Renaissance garden followed by the grandeur of the Indian Char Bagh garden. Next visit Hobbiton for lunch followed by an experience of the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set. A guide will escort you through the ten acre site recounting fascinating details of how the set was created. Continue to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua. Hotel Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (Superior Room. 2 nights)
DAY 16: ROTORUA (B,SD)
Today begins with a Gondola ride to the Stratosfare Restaurant where a buffet breakfast and spectacular views are on offer. There is also time for a luge ride! Next stop is the Agrodome for an action packed hour of farming entertainment and education that’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. Travel to Te Puia for a tour of the boiling mud pools and awesome Geysers that Rotorua is famous for. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to a Maori Village for an interactive and educational experience which culminates with a cultural performance and traditional hangi feast.
DAY 17: ROTORUA – AUCKLAND – QUEENSTOWN (B,D)
Travel to Auckland Airport where you will board a local flight to the resort town of Queenstown, located in the South Island. Meet your South Island Coach Captain and enjoy a tour of historic Arrowtown before arriving at your hotel. Hotel Copthorne Hotel and Resort Lakefront or similar (2 nights)
DAY 18: QUEENSTOWN (FREE DAY) (B)
Today is a free day. There are plenty of sightseeing options and your Tour Guide and Coach Captain are available to assist. This evening is also free and you may choose to dine high above Queenstown at the Skyline Restaurant or board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise across Lake Wakatipu for a gourmet barbecue at Walter Peak Station (optional).
DAY 19: QUEENSTOWN – FRANZ JOSEF (B,D)
Depart Queenstown and travel via the Haast Pass to the West Coast, an area of stunning beauty. See the snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps as you travel north to the township of Fox Glacier. Continue to Franz Josef where time is available (weather permitting) to experience a scenic flight (optional) over the spectacular glaciers. Hotel Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier (Douglas Wing)
DAY 20: FRANZ JOSEF – ARTHUR’S PASS – CHRISTCHURCH (B,SD)
Travel to Hokitika and visit the Greenstone Factory, famous for its Greenstone. Continue to Arthur’s Pass and board the TranzAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world. Travel through spectacular gorges, river valleys and over massive viaducts before completing your journey at Christchurch. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your new found friends. Hotel Sudima Christchurch Airport Hotel.
DAY 21: DEPART CHRISTCHURCH (B)
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner
dates & pricing
|From||Tour including airfare||Prepaid taxes||Total Per Person Twin Share||Departs 2020|
|Sydney||$7599||$65||$7664||7 Feb & #29 Feb|
- # 29th Feb cruise departs from Melbourne and includes a port stop in Sydney. All other ports are the same as the brochure itinerary
- REEF N OUTBACK SPECIAL – SAVE $100 PER PERSON OFF ADVERTISED TOUR PRICE
- Prices per person twin share
- Land only $7449pp (no flights)
- Single supplement add $3850
- Prices are in Australian Dollars. **Prepaid taxes are subject to change. Exact amounts will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Fully escorted includes airfares^, taxes, luxury cruise, modern coach travel, 4 star hotel accommodation, most meals, sightseeing, attractions + BONUS US$50 onboard credit per stateroom on the Celebrity Solstice.
Highlights & inclusions
- Tour Guide
- Internal flight from Auckland to Queenstown^
- Return flight to homeport from Christchurch^
- Hotel to airport transfer in Christchurch, Day 21
- Port taxes
- Comprehensive Documentation Pack
- Note: The airfare and transfer to Sydney on Day 1 to join the cruise is not included. Please make own arrangements.
CELEBRITY SOLSTICE CRUISE (DAY 1 – 10)
- BONUS US$50 onboard credit per stateroom
- Deluxe Balcony Cabin
- Group Meet & Greet + Welcome Dinner
- World-class dining in a range of unique venues (Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily)
- Awesome entertainment
- Inspiring activities such as cooking classes and wine tasting
- Ports of call:
- Hobart, free time to explore
- Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sound, Fiordland National Park
- Dunedin, Edinburgh of the South
- Akaroa, French inspired village
- Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- Auckland, ‘City of Sails’
- Gratuities on board
SCENIC COACH TOUR (DAY 11 – 21)
- Modern coach travel with 2 door access, restroom, reclining seats and panoramic windows
- Professional Coach Captain
- 10 nights four star hotel accommodation
- 3 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 10 cooked breakfasts including a speciality breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 8 sumptuous dinners including 2 specialty dinners: Maori Hangi & Concert, Rotorua; Farewell dinner, Christchurch
- 1 Shire’s buffet lunch: Hobbiton
PRE PAID ATTRACTIONS
- Sky Tower
- Kauri Museum*
- Footprints Waipoua Forest Tour*
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds*
- Sculptureum Experience
- Hamilton Gardens*
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Skyline Gondola & Luge Ride
- Thermal mud pools & geysers*
- Tamaki Maori Experience
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- City sights tour of Auckland
- *Guided tour is included with 1 guide per 24 travellers.