DAY 1. Tuesday – Brisbane to Fraser Island (L,D)
Depart on the Tilt Train from Brisbane’s Roma Street Station, bound for Maryborough. The innovative Tilt Train travels at high speed, offering guests a smooth and comfortable ride, so sit back and enjoy the passing scenery and lunch served to you at your seat today. On arrival at Maryborough, we are transferred to River Heads for our ferry to World Heritage listed Fraser Island. Enjoy pre-dinner sundowners at the Jetty Hut. 2 Night Stay: Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island
DAY 2. Wednesday – Fraser Island (B,MT,L,D)
With over 100 fresh water lakes to visit, ancient subtropical rainforest to discover, magnificent sand blows and a world-famous ship wreck to explore – there’s plenty of incredible sights to pack into your full day 4WD adventure tour on Fraser Island. With over twenty years’ experience, the Fraser Island guides will ensure you have the ultimate experience exploring World Heritage listed Fraser Island. Take in the incredible scenery and the history, enjoy a dip in the crystal clear lakes, explore pristine rainforest and cruise along the gorgeous sandy beaches. **Please note: 4WD tour is not suitable for passengers with back and/or neck injury due to certain parts of the track being rugged and jerky.
DAY 3. Thursday – Bundaberg, Gladstone (B,L,D)
Farewelling Fraser Island we board our ‘Diamond Class’ coach and make our way to Bundaberg to the famous Bundaberg Rum Distillery for an in depth view of how this iconic brew is made. Enjoy an early lunch at the Botanical Gardens, taking time afterwards to wander through this 27-hectare subtropical botanical garden. Our afternoon takes us on the road again making our way to Gladstone for an overnight stay. 1 Night Stay: Rydges Gladstone
DAY 4/5. Friday/Saturday – Heron Island (B,L,D)
We are transferred to Gladstone Marina to board the Heron Island fast cat. Located in the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef, Heron Island is a haven for nature lovers and is surrounded by pristine beaches and brilliant blue waters. Enjoy two nights at Heron Island Resort where we join naturalist eco guides for daily activities discovering the birdlife, reef walk the coral cay formations, and discover native flora and fauna. **Fast cat transfers take 2 hours and are in open waters. For those who suffer motion sickness we strongly advise you take the necessary precautions. Optionally, at additional expense you may like to organise return helicopter transfers from Gladstone. 2 Night Stay: Heron Island Resort
DAY 6. Sunday – Rockhampton (B,MT,L,D)
Take advantage of the morning and one last lunch on the island before we bid beautiful Heron Island goodbye and depart on the 1:15pm fast cat back to the mainland. From Gladstone we travel north to the beef capital of Australia – Rockhampton. 1 Night Stay: Kortes Resort, Rockhampton
DAY 7. Monday – Daydream Island (B,MT,L,D)
An early start this morning as we head to the Whitsundays, arriving at Airlie Beach where we board Cruise Whitsundays for boat transfers to Daydream Island Resort & Spa. 3 Night Stay: Ocean Balcony Rooms, Daydream Island
DAY 8. Tuesday – Daydream Island (B,D)
Relaxing is on the agenda today, with a huge range of free island activities for you to enjoy or maybe take a ferry ride to Hamilton Island for the day. As the outer reef trips are weather permitting we have not included this cruise as part of the itinerary and it is an optional extra. **Lunch is at own expense today.
DAY 9. Wednesday – Daydream Island (B,L,D)
Ride, beach, snorkel and bushwalk… all in one day as we head out on an adventurous jet boat tour! Enjoy the tropical waters of the Whitsundays on an all-inclusive tour with snorkeling and time to enjoy Whitehaven Beach. Take a guided bushwalk to spectacular Hill Inlet lookout to view the stunning silica sands and aqua water. Snorkel for over an hour at Border Island, Dumbell Island, or one of the “secret” snorkel spots and enjoy the amazing corals of the fringing reefs, as well as a huge range of colourful fish, turtles, clams and so much more. **Please note: Jet Boat tour is not suitable for passengers with back and/or neck injury as the semi rigid inflatable vessels are super-fast offering a fun, adventurous ride.
DAY 10. Thursday – Townsville, Magnetic Island (B,L,D)
Heading back to the mainland we make our way to Townsville in time for lunch. Our afternoon takes us to Magnetic Island where we take a brief tour of this beautiful World Heritage listed island. 1 Night Stay: Peppers Blue on Blue Resort, Magnetic Island
DAY 11. Friday – Paronella Park, Cairns (B,L,D)
This morning take us to heritage listed Paronella Park, surrounded by beautiful castles, tunnels, bridges, fountains and secret staircases. Our tour here will guide us through the extensive National Trust Gardens while learning the rich history of Hosea Paronella’s wonderful achievements and colourful history. We spend approximately 2.5 hours here allowing plenty of free time to enjoy the rest of the park. Arrive into Cairns mid-afternoon. 4 Night Stay: Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns
DAY 12. Saturday – Cairns Free Day (B,D)
Today is a free day to explore Cairns, or if you would like to take a cruise to Green Island, this can be booked at your own expense. Maybe visit the Esplanade Markets showcasing local, quality products. **Lunch is at own expense today
DAY 13. Sunday – Kuranda Scenic Railway, Kuranda, Skyrail (B,L,D)
Travelling Gold Class on the Kuranda Scenic Railway, enjoy a premium experience offering extra comfort and little bit of luxury. Wind your way from Cairns to Kuranda passing spectacular waterfalls and into Barron Gorge. At Kuranda we take a trip of a lifetime on the Army Duck amphibious vehicle with an experienced guide, and learn about ancient ferns and trees. Our afternoon takes us back down to Cairns via the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
DAY 14. Monday – Daintree (B,L,D)
This morning we venture into the Daintree taking a river cruise, discovering estuarine crocodiles, endemic birds to the region, frogs, pythons, tree snakes, butterflies and insects. Our afternoon takes us into the lush Mossman Gorge where we meet our local indigenous guide and set off through the enchanting rainforest on a guided nature walk. Learn about the ecosystem through the lens of Aboriginal culture as your guide relates Dreamtime stories and local tribal customs while pointing out plants used for traditional medicine and bush tucker.
DAY 15. Tuesday – End of Tour (B)
Departing tropical Cairns today, checkout time is 10am, and we have arranged individual transfers for you today. Luggage can be stored at the hotel reception until this time. **Fights home are at own expense.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|QPCV||Senior||Adult||Sole Use||Departs 2019|
- Non-refundable deposit of $1000pp required to secure your reservation.
- Price includes one-way Business Class Tilt Train rail journey Brisbane to Maryborough West and opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach travel.
- Please note: Rail and coach seating is a mixture of twin and single seats and does not guarantee sole use seat or couples seated together on some days as seat rotation applies. Please enquire at time of booking.
- N.B. This package is subject to a fuel levy without notice for coach and rail components.
- This package is subject to QR rail disruptions without notice. Bookings cannot be cancelled or transferred if this occurs.
- This price is subject to:
• QPCV Queensland Aged Pensioner utilising 2 concession vouchers
• SENIOR Australian Government Senior Card Holder
• ADULT Passengers 50+ with no valid concession cards
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 20 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 45 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- One-way Business Class Tilt Train rail journey Brisbane to Maryborough West
- 2 nights Fraser Island
- Full day 4WD island safari
- Opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coach travel
- Bundaberg Rum Distillery tour
- Bundaberg Botanic Gardens
- 1 night Gladstone
- 2 nights Heron Island with daily naturalist bird watching tours and eco reef walks
- 1 night Rockhampton
- 3 nights Daydream Island
- Ocean Rafting jet boat tour
- 1 night Magnetic Island and island tour
- Paronella Park Spanish castle
- 4 nights Cairns
- Kuranda Scenic Rail journey in Gold Class
- Kuranda Army Duck; Cairns Skyrail
- Mossman Gorge Dreamtime cultural walk
- Daintree River cruise
- 40 meals
- ‘Diamond Class’ tours include a beverage package each evening with dinner **(standard beer, wine, spirits and soft drink capped to a bar tab not unlimited)
PRE TOUR EXTENDER OPTION 1 additional day (TOTAL 16 DAY TOUR)
- One way economy class flight ex Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide to Brisbane
- 1 additional night bed & breakfast(1 night pre tour) at Sofitel Brisbane Central
- One way Airtrain ticket from Brisbane Domestic Terminal to Central Station
- Plus $450pp Twin Share
- Plus $515 Sole Use
- Subject to availability – some block out dates apply. Prices are subject to change without notice