DAY 1: ARRIVE AUCKLAND (D)
On arrival into Auckland you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours representative and transferred to your hotel. This evening meet your Tour Leader and travelling companions for dinner. Hotel Rydges Auckland (2 nights)
DAY 2: AUCKLAND SIGHTSEEING (B)
This morning enjoy the sights of Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city. Travel to Matakana to visit Sculptureum, an internationally unique art experience. Enjoy time to wander through the Garden of Creative Diversity and view the hundreds of displayed works in the Galleries. This afternoon travel to the Auckland Zoo for a guided tour of Te Wao Nui, six stunning habitats showcasing the native fauna and flora of New Zealand. This evening is free to dine at leisure.
DAY 3: AUCKLAND – HAMILTON (B,D)
This morning travel to Ayrlies Garden and Wetlands, one of New Zealand’s best-known gardens and a Garden of National Significance. It is characterized by sweeping lawns and informal but detailed plantings by ponds & waterways. Use of colour is a hallmark of Ayrlies, seen best in the lurid border where ‘hot’ colours are used to great effect. This afternoon travel to Waikato’s most visited attraction, the Hamilton Gardens. A guided tour of the themed gardens will transport you from the peaceful Sung Dynasty Chinese Scholar’s garden to the Italian Renaissance garden followed by the grandeur of the Indian Char Bagh garden. Your guide will share the story of how the gardens were transformed from a rubbish dump into a Garden of International Significance. Hotel Novotel Hamilton
DAY 4: HAMILTON – MATAMATA – ROTORUA (B,L,D)
Today travel to Cambridge to visit the private garden of the Henley Hotel, nestled on 29 acres of parkland and features a camelia lined oval lawn and lakeside pavilion. You will be treated to High Tea amongst the cherry blossoms (weather permitting). Continue through picturesque countryside to Hobbiton for a buffet lunch followed by a guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. Travel to Rotorua for a walk through the Rotorua Government Gardens before arriving at your hotel. Hotel Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (Superior Room. 2 nights)
DAY 5: ROTORUA SIGHTSEEING (B,SD)
Today begins with a gondola ride and breakfast at Skyline Rotorua where spectacular views are on offer. There is also time for a luge ride! Next stop is the Agrodome for an action-packed hour of farming entertainment and education that is unlike anything you’ve seen before. Travel to Te Puia for a tour of the boiling mud pools and awesome geysers that Rotorua is famous for. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to a Mãori village for an interactive and educational experience that culminates with a cultural performance and traditional Hãngi feast.
DAY 6: ROTORUA – WAITOMO – NEW PLYMOUTH (B,L,D)
Depart Rotorua and travel to Waitomo for a tour of the Glowworm Caves where tiny creatures radiate their luminescent light. Enjoy lunch in this native bushland setting before travelling to New Plymouth, home of the Taranaki Garden Festival. This afternoon will be spent visiting one of the festival gardens. Hotel Grand Central Hotel New Plymouth (2 nights)
DAY 7: TARANAKI GARDEN FESTIVAL (B,D)
Today you will visit a variety of impressive gardens all set around the legendary Mount Taranaki. You will marvel at the majestic array of botanicals on display at this premier garden event which attracts thousands of visitors from New Zealand and the world. A selection of gardens have been chosen to showcase the unique planting and local gardener’s will be on hand to share the inspiration behind their garden.
DAY 8: NEW PLYMOUTH – PALMERSTON NORTH (B,D)
Before we depart the Taranaki region, we visit one final stunning festival garden before travelling onto Whanganui for a short stop. This afternoon you will visit Cross Hills Rhododendron Garden. Garden. Spanning 7 hectares, this park-like garden includes one of the world’s finest collections of rhododendrons and azaleas, which will provide a dazzling colour display. Continue to Palmerston North for your overnight stay. Hotel Copthorne Palmerston North
DAY 9: PALMERSTON NORTH – WELLINGTON (B)
Travel to the nation’s capital, Wellington. Ride the Wellington Cable Car, one of the city’s most iconic attractions, to the Botanic Gardens. Enjoy time to view the protected native forest and colourful floral displays with stunning views over Wellington city. Join your coach for an extensive city tour which will highlight the history and culture on show here. This evening is free to dine at leisure. Hotel InterContinental Wellington (Deluxe Room. 2 nights)
DAY 10: WELLINGTON (B,D)
A highlight this morning will be time to explore Gallipoli: A Scale of War exhibition at Te Papa, New Zealand’s National Museum. Cutting edge technology brings these stories to life through the eyes of New Zealanders who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. Enjoy time at leisure this afternoon. This evening enjoy a final dinner with your new found friends.
DAY 11: DEPART WELLINGTON (B)
Having experienced some of the finest gardens in the North Island, it is time to say goodbye. You will transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner.
dates & pricing
- REEF N OUTBACK SPECIAL – SAVE $100 PER PERSON ON ADVERTISED PRICE
- Prices per person twinshare
- Sole Use $1350
- Escort provided on arrival into New Zealand
- Fully escorted tour includes transfers in New Zealand, Classic 48 seat coach travel, 4 star accommodation, most meals, sightseeing, attractions + BONUS Garden Book#.
- #Bonus Garden Book – one per household. Only one special offer is applicable per booking and must be advised at time of booking. There will be no retrospective discounts applied.
Highlights & inclusions
- Sculptureum Experience
- Te Wao Nui*, Auckland Zoo
- Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tour and Lunch
- Skyline Rotorua Gondola and Luge Ride
- Thermal Mud Pools and Geysers*
- Tamaki Mãori Experience
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves*
- Wellington Cable Car
- Te Papa, NZ’s National Museum*
- City sights tour Auckland and Wellington
- *Guided tour is included with 1 guide per 24 travellers.
- Ayrlies Garden and Wetlands*, Auckland
- Hamilton Gardens*, Hamilton
- Henley Hotel Private Garden, Cambridge
- Rotorua Government Gardens, Rotorua
- Private Garden Visits, Taranaki Garden Festival
- Cross Hills Rhododendron Garden, Kimbolton
- Wellington Botanic Gardens
- 48 seats on a Classic touring coach
- 2 door access; overhead travel bag storage
- Restroom; panoramic viewing
- Professional Coach Captain and Tour Leader
- Personalised Meet and Greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- 10 nights 4 star accommodation
- 4 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- All sightseeing and prepaid attractions
- Extensive Optional Tours Programme
- Classic Documentation Pack
- BONUS Garden Book: Flourish – New Zealand women and their extraordinary gardens#
- 10 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 8 sumptuous dinners including 1 specialty dinner: Mãori Hãngi and Concert, Rotorua
- 2 lunches including a Shire’s Buffet lunch: Hobbiton
- 1 delicious High Tea: Henley Hotel, Cambridge
- Enjoy GPT Hotel Wine Time (discounted drinks)
- *Dinner on Day 1 not included for anyone arriving later than 8pm.