DAY 1: ARRIVE AUCKLAND (D)
On arrival into Auckland you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours representative and transferred to your hotel. Hotel Rydges Auckland (2 nights)
DAY 2: AUCKLAND SIGHTSEEING (B)
This morning enjoy the sights of Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city. Travel to Matakana to visit Sculptureum, an internationally unique art experience. Enjoy time to wander through the Garden of Creative Diversity and view the hundreds of displayed works in the Galleries. This afternoon travel to the Auckland Zoo for a guided tour of Te Wao Nui, six stunning habitats showcasing the native fauna and flora of New Zealand. This evening is free to dine at leisure.
DAY 3: AUCKLAND – HAMILTON (B,D)
This morning travel to Ayrlies Garden and Wetlands, one of New Zealand’s best-known gardens and a Garden of National Significance. It is characterized by sweeping lawns and informal but detailed plantings by ponds and waterways. Use of colour is a hallmark of Ayrlies, seen best in the lurid border where ‘hot’ colours are used to great effect. This afternoon travel to Waikato’s most visited attraction, the Hamilton Gardens. A guided tour of the themed gardens will transport you from the peaceful Sung Dynasty Chinese Scholar’s garden to the Italian Renaissance garden followed by the grandeur of the Indian Char Bagh garden. Your guide will share the story of how the gardens were transformed from a rubbish dump into a Garden of International Significance. Hotel Novotel Hamilton
DAY 4: HAMILTON – MATAMATA – ROTORUA (B,L,D)
Today travel to Cambridge to visit the private garden of the Henley Hotel, nestled on 29 acres of parkland and features a camelia lined oval lawn and lakeside pavilion. You will be treated to high tea amongst the cherry blossoms (weather permitting). Continue through picturesque countryside to Hobbiton for a buffet lunch followed by a guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. Travel to Rotorua for a walk through the Rotorua Government Gardens before arriving at your hotel. Hotel Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (Superior Room. 2 nights)
DAY 5: ROTORUA SIGHTSEEING (B,SD)
Today begins with a gondola ride to the Stratosfare Restaurant where a buffet breakfast and spectacular views are on offer. There is also time for a luge ride! Next stop is Agrodome for an action-packed hour of farming entertainment and education that’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. Travel to Te Puia for a tour of the boiling mud pools and awesome geysers that Rotorua is famous for. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to a Mãori village for an interactive and educational experience that culminates with a cultural performance and traditional hãngi feast.
DAY 6: ROTORUA – WAITOMO – NEW PLYMOUTH (B,L,D)
Depart Rotorua and travel to Waitomo for a tour of the Glowworm Caves where tiny creatures radiate their luminescent light. Enjoy lunch in this native bushland setting before travelling to New Plymouth, home of the Taranaki Garden Festival. This afternoon will be spent visiting one of the festival gardens. Hotel Copthorne Hotel Grand Central New Plymouth (2 nights)
DAY 7: TARANAKI GARDEN FESTIVAL (B,D)
Today you will visit a variety of impressive gardens all set around the legendary Mount Taranaki. You will marvel at the majestic array of botanicals on display at this premier garden event which attracts thousands of visitors from New Zealand and the world. A selection of small private gardens and larger public gardens have been chosen to showcase the unique planting and local gardeners will be on hand to share the history behind their garden.
DAY 8: NEW PLYMOUTH – PALMERSTON NORTH (B,D)
Before we depart the Taranaki region, we visit one final stunning festival garden before travelling onto Whanganui for a shortstop. This afternoon you will continue to Cross Hills Rhododendron Garden. Spanning 7 hectares, this park-like garden includes one of the world’s finest collections of rhododendrons and azaleas, which will provide a dazzling colour display. Continue to Palmerston North for your overnight stay. Hotel Copthorne Palmerston North
DAY 9: PALMERSTON NORTH – WELLINGTON (B)
Travel to the nation’s capital, Wellington. Ride the Wellington Cable Car, one of the city’s most iconic attractions, to the Botanic Gardens. Enjoy time to view the protected native forest and colourful floral displays with stunning views over Wellington city. Join your coach for an extensive city tour which will highlight the history and culture on show here. This evening is free to dine at leisure. Hotel InterContinental Wellington (Deluxe Room. 2 nights)
DAY 10: WELLINGTON (B,D)
A highlight this morning will be time to explore Gallipoli: A Scale of War exhibition at Te Papa, New Zealand’s National Museum. Cutting edge technology brings these stories to life through the eyes of New Zealanders who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. Enjoy time at leisure this afternoon. This evening enjoy a final dinner with your new-found friends.
DAY 11: DEPART WELLINGTON (B)
Having experienced some of the finest gardens in New Zealand, it is time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner.
dates & pricing
- Land Only $4499pp
- Single Supplement $1350
- Prices are in Australian Dollars.
- **Airline taxes are subject to change. Exact amounts will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Fully escorted tour includes airfares, taxes, transfers in NZ, modern coach travel, 4 star accommodation, most meals, sightseeing, attractions + BONUS Garden Book#
- #Bonus Garden Book – one per household. Only one special offer is applicable per booking and must be advised at time of booking. There will be no retrospective discounts applied.
Highlights & inclusions
- Ayrlies Garden and Wetlands, Auckland*
- Hamilton Gardens, Hamilton*
- Henley Hotel Private Garden, Cambridge
- Rotorua Government Gardens, Rotorua
- Private Garden Visits, Taranaki Garden Festival
- Cross Hills Rhododendron Garden, Kimbolton
- Wellington Botanic Gardens
- Sculptureum Experience
- Te Wao Nui, Auckland Zoo*
- Hobbiton™ Movie Set Tour and Lunch
- Skyline Rotorua Gondola and Luge Ride
- Thermal Mud Pools and Geysers*
- Tamaki Mãori Experience
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves*
- Wellington Cable Car
- Te Papa, NZ’s National Museum*
- City sights tour Auckland and Wellington
- *Guided tour is included with 1 guide per 24 travellers.
- Return airfares from your homeport
- Personalised Meet and Greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- 48 seat modern coach travel, 2 door access, restroom, reclining seats and panoramic windows
- Professional Coach Captain and Tour Leader
- 10 nights 4 star accommodation
- 4 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- All sightseeing and prepaid attractions
- Comprehensive documentation pack
- BONUS Garden Book: Flourish – New Zealand Women and Their Extraordinary Gardens#
- 10 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 8 sumptuous dinners including 1 specialty dinner: Mãori hãngi and concert, Rotorua • 2 lunches including a Shire’s buffet lunch, Hobbiton
- 1 delicious High Tea: Henley Hotel, Cambridge
- Note: Dinner on Day 1 not included for anyone arriving later than 8pm