Day 1. Arrive Christchurch (Meal in Flight, D)
Kia Ora and welcome to Christchurch. On arrival, we are met at the airport by our local Coach Captain who will transfer us to the hotel. This evening we enjoy a welcome drink in the hotel before dinner. 2 Night Stay: Distinction Christchurch
Day 2. Akaroa (B,L,D)
Today we travel to Akaroa, a historic French settlement nestled in the heart of an ancient volcano. After lunch, we take a nature harbour cruise around the extinct volcanic crater. Be mesmerised by the breathtaking scenery that is home to the rare Hectors Dolphins, fur seals, penguins and sea birds
Day 3. Lake Tekapo (B,L,D)
Today we take a tiki tour around Christchurch’s famous landmarks before travelling through the beautiful southern Canterbury Plains to Lake Tekapo. See the brilliant turquoise water, visit the Church of the Good Shepherd and see the Sheep Dog Statue. Later this afternoon relax in the hot pools overlooking Lake Tekapo. 1 Night Stay: Peppers Bluewater Resort Lake Tekapo
Day 4. Queenstown (B,L,D)
This morning take some free time. You may wish to consider booking a scenic flight experience over Mt Cook and the Glaciers (optional – weather dependent). Departing Lake Tekapo, we take in the spectacular views travelling via Lake Pukaki and the World Heritage Listed Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, arriving at the Mt Cook Village. The afternoon takes us south via Lindis Pass to the picturesque Queenstown. Tonight we take the Queenstown Gondola and enjoy dinner at the Skyline restaurant. 1 night stay: Mercure Queenstown Resort
Day 5. Queenstown (B,D)
Today is a free day to explore Queenstown. Why not feel the exhilaration of the world famous Jet Boat ride, wind your way down Bob’s Peak on the luge or enjoy a cold beverage at the Minus 5 Ice Bar. This evening board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak Station. Sit back, relax and enjoy a gourmet barbecue dinner which the chef will prepare in front of you at the Colonel’s Homestead. After dinner enjoy a short farm tour then reboard the TSS Earnslaw for a sing-along by the piano on the return cruise. **Lunch is at own expense today.
Day 6. Te Anau (B,L,D)
This morning we visit historic Arrowtown, an old gold mining village and the Lakes District Museum. We continue on to Te Anau which is the gateway to the Fiordland. This afternoon we take a cruise across Lake Te Anau to visit the Glow Worm Caves where you will admire the incredible limestone caverns, waterfalls and mystery of the Glow Worm Grotto. 2 Night Stay: Distinction Luxmore Hotel, Te Anau
Day 7. Fiordland National Park (B,L,D)
Departing Te Anau, we travel into the heart of the Fiordland National Park. We start with a cruise across Lake Manapouri, followed by a coach trip over the epic Wilmot Pass, through the rainforest and into the Sound where you join the cruise of Doubtful Sound. Enjoy a picnic lunch onboard as you explore the beautiful sound waterway that meets the Tasman Sea. Commentary by the onboard nature guide will enlighten you on the wildlife that call this pristine area home.
Day 8. Dunedin (B,L,D)
Leaving Te Anau we travel via Gore and Balclutha, stopping at Pukerangi to board the Taieri Gorge rail journey to Dunedin. This unique rail journey offers spectacular scenery only accessible by rail. The journey takes us through ten tunnels and crosses the Wingatui Viaduct, famous for being the second largest wrought iron structure in operation in the world. Arrive into Dunedin’s historic Edwardian Railway Station and transfer to our hotel. 2 Night Stay: Scenic Hotel Southern Cross
Day 9. Dunedin (B,L,D)
Merry Christmas! We start the morning with an informative city tour before travelling along the Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle. Learn about the tragic and scandalous history of the castle on our guided tour. After our tour, we sit down to a long and festive lunch celebration complete with all the trimmings. Following lunch, take time to wander the Garden of International Significance.
Day 10. Oamaru (B,L,D)
This morning, we visit Olveston House, a prosperous merchants home from the turn of the century before travelling to Oamaru, famous for its limestone. This evening we enjoy a farewell dinner. 1 Night: Sudima Christchurch Airport
Day 11. Christchurch (B,L, Meal in flight)
Breakfast this morning is at your leisure. After breakfast, we take a short journey to the International Antarctic Centre, an interactive and informative account of life in Antarctica. Feel the force and sounds of an Antarctic blast, meet furry penguins and huskies and watch a film in the 4D theatre. Lunch is back at our hotel, before we transfer to the international airport for our respective flights home.
B = Full Breakfast; MT = M/Tea; L = Lunch; AT = A/Tea; D = Dinner
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $1500pp required to secure your reservation.
- N.B. Tour price is subject to change due to currency fluctuations and fuel levies applicable to services.
- Flights are arranged to suit the tour group in advance, therefore we cannot book individual preferences or guarantee direct flights.
- Airline taxes are NOT included, are approximately $185pp and will be payable on receipt of notification 90 days prior to departure.
- Bathroom amenities in accommodation on components of this tour will be shower located over bath.
- Tour price excludes lunch on free day in Queenstown, and Franz Josef Glacier flight, as activity is weather permitted and not guaranteed.
- Australian passport holders minimum validity for travel must be 6 months from date of return to Australia.
- Non-Australian passport citizens are required to seek independent advice for passport validity and entry visa, and ensure all is correct prior to travel to New Zealand.
- Due to international terms & conditions, balance of payment for this tour (excluding airlines taxes) will be required 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel Insurance is strongly advised and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit.
- Tour passengers will require a clearance letter (provided by Fun Over Fifty) from their local GP for travel.
- Price is plus airline taxes, which are currently $185. This amount is subject to change and will be advised 90 days prior to departure
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Walk 20 min without stopping
• Ascend stairs without stopping
• Stand for 45 min without sitting
• Walk over uneven ground
• Embark/debark transport unaided
• Manage their own luggage