Day 1: Tuesday – Depart Brisbane (D)
Depart Brisbane at 6.10pm on the Spirit of the Outback for a first class overnight rail journey to Longreach.
Day 2: Wednesday – Arrive Longreach (B,L,D)
You will be welcomed by your Outback Aussie Tours driver and transferred to Longreach Motor Inn, our accommodation for the next five nights. Meet fellow travellers at our Welcome Dinner tonight.
Day 3: Thursday – Longreach Touring (B,D)
Stay 5 nights at Longreach Motor Inn Visit the Longreach School of Distance Education** and discover a classroom more than twice the size of Victoria. Wander the Qantas Founders Museum and step inside the 747 and 707 Jets on a guided tour. Explore Longreach on our meet and greet town tour. Late afternoon, experience the excitement of the Outback Stockman’s Dinner and Show at the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame.
Day 4: Friday – Longreach Touring (B,D)
Enjoy free time to explore Longreach today. Late afternoon, join the Drover’s Sunset Cruise on the Thomson River. Unwind with on-board nibbles and drinks, then savour a two-course camp oven themed dinner, under the stars, at Smithy’s Outback Dinner and Show.
Day 5: Saturday – Winton (B,L,D)
Visit the Australian Age of Dinosaurs perched high on a magnificent mesa, where we will be treated to a top-class interpretive tour of the laboratory, collection room and the NEW Dinosaur Canyon. See some of Winton’s quirky and historical attractions on a town tour. Return to Longreach, with time to refresh, before our authentic pub dinner at the historic Wellshot Hotel.
Day 6: Sunday – Longreach Touring (B,L,D)
Explore the five themed galleries of the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame, and enjoy a special lunch in the Bruce Yates Memorial Cottage. Late afternoon, experience the warm hospitality of local graziers on the Camden Park Station Sunset Dinner Tour featuring a homestead tour and an impressive sunset barbeque.
Day 7: Monday – Depart Longreach (B,L,D)
Following breakfast, you will be transferred to the Longreach Railway Station for a first class overnight rail journey back to Brisbane aboard the Spirit of the Outback.
Day 8: Tuesday (B)
Arrive in Brisbane at 11.55am.
dates & pricing
|Cost Per Person||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Brisbane to Brisbane||$1738 (QPCV)
|Longreach to Longreach (Land Only)||$1499||$1839|
2018 DEPARTURE DATES:
Ex Brisbane: 20, 27 Feb 2018; 6 Mar 2018
Ex Longreach: 21, 28 Feb 2018, 7 Mar 2018
- Queensland Pensioner Rate (QPCV) is based on QLD Rail Travel 2FOR1 Deal using 2 Rail Vouchers
- **Longreach School of Distance Education tour does not operate over school holiday periods.
- Minimum tour numbers apply.
- Itinerary subject to change.
Highlights & inclusions
- Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame and Outback Stockman’s Dinner & Show
- Camden Park Station Sunset Dinner Tour
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs Guided Tour
- Winton Town Tour
- Ilfracombe’s Historic Wellshot Hotel
- School of Distance Education Tour
- Drover’s Sunset Cruise including Smithy’s Outback Dinner & Show
- Return first class rail sleeper between Brisbane and Longreach
- All accommodation, entries/activities
- 18 meals including 4 themed dinners
- Touring with Savannah Guides Master Operator