Day 1. Tuesday – Spirit of the Outback Brisbane to Longreach
This evening depart on the Spirit of the Outback. Get to know your fellow travellers over a refreshment in the Shearer’s Rest as you venture into the heart of the Queensland Outback. You’ll be captivated by the ever-changing landscape on this fascinating journey between Brisbane and Longreach. Overnight on board the Spirit of the Outback. (D)
Day 2. Wednesday – Arrive Longreach
This morning wake to the changing outback landscapes from your window. Arrive in Longreach and transfer to your accommodation. Stay the next five nights at Kinnon & Co’s Outback Accommodation. (BL)
Day 3. Thursday – Nogo Station Experience, Qantas Founders Museum, Outback Settler’s Dinner
After breakfast, enjoy a town tour of Longreach and travel on to historic Nogo Station. Tour this working cattle and sheep station and enjoy a home-baked ‘smoko’ (morning tea). Transfer to the Qantas Founders Museum and embark on a guided tour of the 747 and 707 planes. In the afternoon travel to Kinnon & Co’s Welcome Home venue for an Outback Settlers Dinner. (BD)
Day 4. Friday – Cobb & Co Stagecoach Experience, Starlight’s River Cruise
Take your seat for the ride of your life at the only place in the world where you can experience what it’s like to gallop in a Cobb & Co stagecoach. You’ll know you’re in the outback as you head off on the old Longreach to Windorah mail route. Enjoy morning tea before taking in a vintage Aussie movie and the Harry Redford Old Time Tent Show. Transfer to the Thomson River to board a historic paddlewheeler for a sunset cruise followed by a campfire dinner. (BLD)
Day 5. Saturday – Winton Tour
Explore the Australian Age of Dinosaurs museum and canyon and the new Waltzing Matilda Centre. Enjoy lunch at the North Gregory Hotel. (BL)
Day 6: Sunday – Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame
Spend the day at the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame and enjoy the Outback Stockman’s Show. There is plenty of time to explore the five galleries of the museum. Wander back to your accommodation in the afternoon. (B)
Day 7. Monday – Depart Longreach
Enjoy breakfast before the return rail journey. Overnight on board the Spirit of the Outback. (BLD)
Day 8. Tuesday – Arrive Brisbane
This morning breakfast is served on board before arriving into Brisbane, where your journey concludes. (B)
Please note itinerary is subject to change.
Departs: Tuesdays from Brisbane at 6.10pm
Returns: Tuesdays to Brisbane at 11.55am
dates & pricing
|Cost Per Person
|Brisbane to Brisbane
|Cost Per Person
|Longreach to Longreach
- Adult rail fares are based on B-Quick fare. If B-Quick fares not available full fare will apply
- Queensland Pensioner fare is using 4 vouchers
- Note: From prices valid 10 Apr – 2 Jul 18, 10 Jul – 1 Oct, 9 – 30 Oct 18.
- Prices are per person twin share
- Concession cards must be advised at time of booking and will be verified with Centrelink
- Packages are fixed and cannot be amended.
- Additional nights available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request.
- Cancellations within 7 days prior to departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you do not wish to travel by rail there is also the option to fly with Qantaslink (own arrangements).