Day 1: Wednesday SYDNEY – INDIAN PACIFIC
Upon arrival to the Sydney Central Railway Station you will be met by your tour leader and board the Indian Pacific ready to start your adventure. There’s no better way to appreciate the sheer breadth of Australia than by crossing every inch of it. By embarking on this transcontinental journey, you’ll be following in the footsteps of those who have dared to venture beyond the city limits – the legendary adventurers, gold rush prospectors and bush pioneers who forged their lives in Australia’s spectacular yet unforgiving interior. Overnight: Indian Pacific (D)
Day 2: Thursday – THE INDIAN PACIFIC – BROKEN HILL
Wake up with a coffee as you arrive into Broken Hill, a classic mining town where the streets are wide and there is a pub on every corner. On your Off Train Excursion, explore the beauty of this Silver City and discover the history of mining that makes the town what it is today and the artistic culture that also abounds in the area. Visit the Pro Hart Gallery, where you can learn all about one of Australia’s most iconic and enduring artists, whose art captures the spirit of the outback. In no time, you’ll notice a dramatic change in landscape as the outback makes way for the green and golden fields of South Australia’s food bowl. Your choice for the afternoon and evening is the picturesque city of Adelaide or the historic Barossa Valley. Overnight: Indian Pacific (B,L,D)
Day 3: Friday THE INDIAN PACIFIC – THE NULLARBOR
Wake up and marvel at the raw beauty of the Nullarbor. Taking its name from the Latin meaning ‘no trees’, the ancient Nullarbor conjures the sense of limitless space and time. Take some time to reflect on the changing landscapes in your journey and to enjoy the hospitality of the Outback Explorer Lounge as you travel across Australia’s longest single stretch of railway. Overnight: Indian Pacific (B,L,D)
Day 4: Saturday THE INDIAN PACIFIC – PERTH
The Avon Valley beckons you this morning – the mild skies and cool green vales of this picturesque part of the world will truly delight. Arrive into the cosmopolitan western capital of Perth after lunch, having finished an epic Australian journey end-to-end. Transfer on arrival to your Perth hotel for the next 2 nights and enjoy dinner together with the group this evening at the hotel. Overnight: Holiday Inn Perth City Centre (B,L,D)
Day 5: Sunday PERTH – FREMANTLE
After breakfast, depart your hotel to enjoy the biggest city in the west with a Perth City Highlights tour. This morning visit the main sights such as Kings Park, see the WACA, Swan Bell Tower, Perth Town Hall and Northbridge. Travel along the coastline as you make your way to the City of Fremantle. Fremantle’s unique character is captured by its landscape, architecture, music, arts and culture, festivals, retail stores and markets, cafés and restaurants. This afternoon you will enjoy a cruise along the Swan River and take in the stunning views as you depart Fremantle’s harbour and travel upstream towards Perth City. Overnight: Holiday Inn Perth City Centre (B)
Day 6: Monday PERTH – MARGARET RIVER
Enjoy Breakfast at your hotel. Depart Perth for your journey to Margaret River, stopping at the pretty seaside town of Busselton to view the jetty. Next you will visit Wise Wine, nestled in the hills with ocean views of Eagle Bay. Sample some of the award winning wines at the Cellar Door followed by lunch at Wise Vineyard Restaurant. This evening Dinner will be at a local restaurant. Overnight: Darby Park Serviced Residences (B,L,D)
Day 7: Tuesday MARGARET RIVER – PERTH
Breakfast will be served at a nearby restaurant. Explore the picturesque Margaret River Wine Region renowned as one of Australia’s premier wine growing regions. You will have plenty of chances to sample the regions nest wines and produce for tastings. Lunch is also included at the popular Leeuwin Estate before heading back to Perth. Overnight: Holiday Inn Perth City Centre (B,L,D)
Day 8: Wednesday PERTH – DEPARTURE
Enjoy Breakfast at leisure before being transferred to the Perth Airport for your departure flight. (B)
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2017|
- The contents of Off Train Excursions are subject to change without notice.
- All arrangements are subject to cancellation or modification due to inclement weather, late running of train or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Great Southern Rail does not own, operate or control Off Train Excursions.
- To the extent permitted by law, Great Southern Rail is not responsible for any injury, death, loss, accident, delay or irregularity whatsoever or expenses incurred resulting from a third party supplier’s acts or omissions.
- The travel services provided by these suppliers are subject to the conditions imposed by the suppliers and their liability may be limited by their tariffs, conditions of carriage, and agreements.
- All Inclusive fares include: Private sleeper cabin, all meals and standard beverages on train and standard Off Train Excursions are included in the package fare.
- Information required at time of booking – full name; including title, initial & surname as per ID, any information relating to Dietary/Mobility/Medical requirements and mobile contact number.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to participate in this tour, a Health Fitness Form must be completed prior to deposit payment being made.
- 20% deposit required within 5 days after reservations.
- Final payment is due 100 days prior to travel.
- Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply
Highlights & inclusions
- 3 nights Gold Service on the Indian Pacific from Sydney to Perth
- Off Train Excursions while on the Indian Pacific
- 3 nights Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
- Perth City Sights Tour
- Swan River Cruise
- 1 night Darby Park Serviced Residences, Margaret River
- Touring in Margaret River
- Meals as indicated in your itinerary – (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner