DAY 1: SATURDAY – DEPART BRISBANE (D)
Guests on OSE7 will depart Brisbane aboard the Spirit of the Outback for an overnight rail journey to Longreach, the heart of Outback Queensland. The train is scheduled to depart at 1.55pm.
DAY 2: SUNDAY – ARRIVE LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Guests on OSE5 will join the tour after lunch. Welcome to Longreach where you will receive a warm Outback greeting by our Outback Aussie Tour Manager and a courtesy transfer to your accommodation. Late afternoon, you’ll experience the excitement of the Outback Stockman’s Dinner and Show at the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame. Accommodation – Longreach Motor Inn
DAY 3: MONDAY – QANTAS, SUNSET CRUISE AND DINNER (B,D)
Witness a ‘totally different way of schooling’ at Longreach School of Distance Education** where you will walk in the footsteps of the students and teachers who share a classroom more than twice the size of Victoria! Wander the Qantas Founders Museum and step inside the 747 and 707 jets on a guided interpretive tour. Late afternoon, board the MV. Explorer for the Drover’s Sunset Cruise on the Thomson River. Unwind with on-board nibbles and drinks, watching a magnificent Outback sunset. Enjoy a 2 course table-service dinner under the stars as you watch the entertaining Smithy’s Outback Dinner and Live Show. Accommodation – Longreach Motor Inn
DAY 4: TUESDAY – WINTON (B,L,D)
Be prepared to be impressed, with the changing landscapes as we travel from Longreach to Winton. We visit the Australian Age of Dinosaurs perched on a magnificent mesa overlooking the plains where dinosaurs once roamed! Onsite, we’re treated to a top-class interpretive tour of the laboratory and collection room by Dinosaur enthusiasts – a truly enlightening experience. Heading into historic Winton we take a town tour including a visit to the Waltzing Matilda centre for a tour of the Qantilda precinct by the Winton Historical Society. We return to Longreach in time to freshen up for a special dinner at the Historic Wellshot Hotel. Accommodation – Longreach Motor Inn
DAY 5: WEDNESDAY – STOCKMAN’S HALL OF FAME, CAMDEN PARK STATION SUNSET TOUR & DINNER (B,L,D)
We enjoy some free time in downtown Longreach this morning before heading to the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame. Here we’ll discover the inspiring stories of the men, women and children living in and pioneering Outback Queensland. A special lunch is planned today in the Bruce Yates Memorial Cottage in the Hall of Fame grounds. Late afternoon, experience the warm hospitality of local graziers on our Camden Park Station Sunset Tour including an entertaining station and Homestead tour followed by a very special sunset barbeque – a night to be remembered! Accommodation – Longreach Motor Inn
DAY 6: THURSDAY – DEPART LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Guests on OSE5 will conclude their tour after breakfast with a transfer to their homeward connections. Guests on OSE7 will be transferred to the Longreach Railway Station for your first class overnight rail journey back to Brisbane aboard the Spirit of the Outback.
DAY 7: FRIDAY – ARRIVE BRISBANE (B)
Guests on OSE7 will arrive in Brisbane.The train is scheduled to arrive at 11.55am.
dates & pricing
|Cost Per Person||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Brisbane to Brisbane||$1538 (QPCV)
|Longreach to Longreach (Land Only)||$1299||$1569|
2018 DEPARTURE DATES:
Ex Brisbane: 6, 13, 20, 27 Jan 2018, 3, 10, 17, 24 Feb 2018, 3, 10, 17, 24 Mar 2018
Ex Longreach: 7, 14, 21, 28 Jan 2018, 4, 11, 18, 25 Feb 2018, 4, 11, 18, 25 Mar 2018
- Queensland Pensioner Rate (QPCV) is based on QLD Rail Travel 2FOR1 Deal using 2 Rail Vouchers
- **Longreach School of Distance Education tour does not operate over school holiday periods.
- Minimum tour numbers apply.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- An additional cost will be payable on 10, 17 & 24 Mar 2018 departures when the Qld Rail Travel 2FOR1 Deal is not available.
Highlights & inclusions
- Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame entry & Outback Stockman’s Show and Dinner
- Longreach School of Distance Education tour** or Powerhouse Museum tour
- Qantas Founders Museum Jet Tour and entry
- Drover’s Sunset Cruise including Smithy’s Outback Dinner & Show
- Winton town tour including a guided tour of the Waltzing Matilda Centre’s Qantilda Precinct
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs guided tour of the laboratory & collection room
- Historic Wellshot Hotel Dinner
- Drover’s Summer Sunset Nibbles Cruise
- Camden Park Station sunset dinner tour
- 4 nights central motel ensuite accommodation at Longreach Motor Inn
- Travel by quality touring vehicle
- Savannah Guides Operator Driver/Guide
- Most meals (4 continental breakfasts; 4 themed dinners; 2 lunches
- Entries/activities as specified in itinerary
- Longreach accommodation arrival/departure transfers
- BONUS 2FOR1 Deal – Return First Class Sleeper on the Spirit of the Outback between Brisbane and Longreach – OSE7 only