Day 1: Saturday – Adelaide
Upon arrival at Adelaide Airport transfer by private vehicle to your accommodation for the evening. Enjoy a 2 course welcome dinner with the tour leader and fellow travellers at the hotel this evening. Overnight: Crowne Plaza Adelaide. Overnight: Crowne Plaza Adelaide. (D)
Day 2: Sunday – The Ghan (B,L,D)
After breakfast, transfer to the Adelaide Parklands Terminal. It’s all aboard as The Legendary Ghan departs for Alice Springs at 12:15pm. After boarding, your ﬁrst day on The Ghan begins with a light lunch in the Restaurant Car as you travel north towards Spencer Gulf and Port Augusta. Settle into your Gold Service sleeper cabin or enjoy a drink with new found friends in the Outback Explorer Lounge. Overnight: The Ghan.
Day 3: Monday – The Ghan Alice Springs (B,D)
Set foot in the remote reaches of northern South Australia to witness an unforgettable Outback sunrise as part of The Ghan’s dawn short stop at Marla. After brunch on board, The Ghan arrives in Alice Springs. You have time to look around the town or enjoy an off train excursion tour (reservations may be made on-board the train). Re-board the train and enjoy the desert scenery as you continue your journey north. Overnight: The Ghan.
Day 4: Tuesday – The Ghan Katherine to Darwin (B,L)
In the morning, stopover in Katherine and choose from several off train excursion Tours, including a boat cruise on the famous Katherine Gorge or a coach tour of the town and surrounds. At 1pm re-board The Ghan for your journey north through the lush, Top End countryside before arriving in Darwin at 5:30pm. You will be transferred by private coach to your accommodation for the next three nights. Overnight: Hilton Darwin.
Day 5: Wednesday – Darwin Half Day City Tour, Darwin Sunset Cruise (B,D)
After breakfast, depart the hotel for a Darwin city sights tour by private coach. See the Chinese Temple and the lush Botanical Gardens. Tour the historic sites of the city including East Point Military Precinct, Stokes Hill Wharf area and the Mooring Basin. There is also time to explore the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory before returning to the hotel by 12:30pm. This evening transfer via shuttle bus to Stokes Hill Wharf, for your sunset harbour cruise. The Dinner Cruise aboard the “Charles Darwin” is a great way to get a bird’s eye view of the famous Darwin Sunset whilst enjoying a delicious Territory style buffet with Australian seafood and local produce all in air-conditioned comfort. This two-hour cruise on the “Charles Darwin’s” Captains Deck (main Deck) also includes great commentary and offers the best value for money dinner cruise on Darwin harbour. Overnight: Hilton Darwin.
Day 6: Thursday – Darwin, Full Day Litchfield Tour (B,L)
After breakfast, join the full day Litchﬁeld Waterfalls tour. Spend the day exploring Litchﬁeld National Park’s spectacular waterfalls and cascades and see the amazing magnetic and cathedral termite mounds. Return to Darwin at the end of the day for a free night. Overnight: Hilton Darwin.
Day 7: Friday – Depart Darwin (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before beingtransferred to Darwin Airport. If you plan toextend your stay in the Northern Territory, wesuggest a day tour to Kakadu National Park.
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2018|
- The contents of Off Train Excursions are subject to change without notice.
- All arrangements are subject to cancellation or modification due to inclement weather, late running of train or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Great Southern Rail does not own, operate or control Off Train Excursions.
- To the extent permitted by law, Great Southern Rail is not responsible for any injury, death, loss, accident, delay or irregularity whatsoever or expenses incurred resulting from a third party supplier’s acts or omissions.
- The travel services provided by these suppliers are subject to the conditions imposed by the suppliers and their liability may be limited by their tariffs, conditions of carriage, and agreements.
- All Inclusive fares include: Private sleeper cabin, all meals and standard beverages on train and standard Off Train Excursions are included in the package fare.
- Information required at time of booking – full name; including title, initial & surname as per ID, any information relating to Dietary/Mobility/Medical requirements and mobile contact number.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to participate in this tour, a Health Fitness Form must be completed prior to deposit payment being made.
- 20% deposit required within 5 days after reservation.
- Final payment is due 100 days prior to travel.
- Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply
Highlights & inclusions
- Adelaide Airport pick-up
- 1 nights accommodation in Crowne Plaza Adelaide.
- Welcome Dinner at Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- Adelaide City Sights tour
- 2 nights accommodation Gold Service on the Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin
- Off train excursion tours while on The Ghan
- 3 nights accommodation at Oaks Elan Darwin
- Darwin City Sights tour
- Litchfield Waterfalls tour
- Darwin Airport drop-off
- Meals as indicated