Day 1: Spirit of Queensland – Brisbane to Cairns
Join the Spirit of Queensland this afternoon and travel north overnight to Cairns. Overnight on board the Spirit of Queensland. (D)
Day 2: Cairns
This morning the train passes through the sugar cane fields of North Queensland. Arrive into Cairns this afternoon and make your own way to Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort. (BL)
Day 3: Cairns to Cape Tribulation
Travel north along the scenic route to Mossman. Experience a Daintree River Cruise, before enjoying a barbecue lunch. Drive along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to Emmagen Creek. Stay overnight at the Daintree Heritage Lodge and Spa, Cape Tribulation. (L)
Day 4: Cape Tribulation to Cooktown
Today continue travelling through the heart of this World Heritage Listed area on the Bloomfield Track. Visit one of North Queensland’s oldest running pubs, the Lions Den Hotel. Discover the mysterious Black Mountain steeped in Aboriginal legend before arriving in Cooktown. Stay overnight at Sovereign Resort Hotel, Cooktown. (BL)
Day 5: Cooktown to Cairns
Spend the day exploring Cooktown at leisure. Walk the trails that surround Cooktown’s heritage and scenic rim. This afternoon depart Cooktown, before arriving in Cairns. Stay the next two nights at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort.
Day 6: Cairns
Spend the day at leisure exploring Cairns. Visit the wide range of shops and restaurants, relax at Cairns Esplanade Lagoon and browse the Cairns Night Markets on the Esplanade.
Day 7: Cairns
Your holiday concludes upon check-out from the hotel.
The Spirit of Queensland departs on Mondays and Fridays from Brisbane at 3.45pm
dates & pricing
||Mondays & Fridays
- Fares Valid 1 Apr 18 – 31 Mar 19
- Prices are per person twin share
- Australian Pension Concession Card holders, Government Senior Card holders, Queensland Pension Concession Card holders and Queensland Government Senior Card holders may be entitled to Concession Fares that are partly or fully funded by the Commonwealth or State Governments. To qualify for Concession Fares, an Australian Concession Card must be presented at the time of booking; must be valid at the time of travel and must be carried at all times during travel.
- Note: From prices valid 1 Apr – 24 Jun 2018, 2 Nov – 23 Dec 18, 31 Dec 18 – 31 Mar 19.
- Adult rail fares are based on 72 hour advance purchase B-Quick fare.