DAY 1: SATURDAY – Depart Brisbane (D)
Guests on GET7 will depart Brisbane on the Spirit of the Outback at 1.55pm for a first class overnight rail journey to Longreach.
DAY 2: SUNDAY – LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Welcome to Longreach where you will receive a warm outback greeting by our Outback Aussie Tours driver and a courtesy transfer to your accommodation. Guests on GET5 will join the tour after lunch today. Tonight enjoy a welcome dinner at the historic Wellshot Hotel in Ilfracombe. 4 nights Longreach Motor Inn, Longreach
DAY 3: MONDAY – LONGREACH (B,D)
Witness a ‘totally different way of schooling’ at Longreach School of Distance Education where you will walk in the footsteps of the students and teachers who share a classroom more than twice the size of Victoria! Wander the Qantas Founders Museum and step inside the 747 and 707 jets on a guided interpretive tour. Late afternoon, board the MV. Explorer for the Drover’s Sunset Cruise on the Thomson River. Unwind with on-board nibbles and drinks, watching a magnificent outback sunset. Enjoy a two course table-service dinner under the stars as you watch the entertaining Smithy’s Outback Dinner and Show.
DAY 4: TUESDAY – LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Join our Strathmore Station Smoko Tour for an insider’s view into life on the land followed by a delicious morning tea. Explore the five themed galleries of the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame to discover the inspiring stories of the men, women and children living in and pioneering Outback Queensland, and see the entertaining Outback Stockman’s Show. Enjoy an exclusive lunch at Dr Bruce Yeates Memorial Cottage. Late afternoon, experience the warm hospitality of local graziers on our Camden Park Station Sunset Tour followed by an exclusive dinner at Qantas Founders Museum.
DAY 5: WEDNESDAY – LONGREACH & WINTON (B,L,D)
Be prepared to be impressed with the changing landscapes as we travel from Longreach to Winton. We visit the Australian Age of Dinosaurs perched on a magnificent mesa overlooking the plains where dinosaurs once roamed! Onsite Dinosaur enthusiasts treat us to a top-class interpretive tour of the laboratory, collection room and the new Dinosaur Canyon. Tour Winton, see the quirky Arno’s Wall, the Musical Fence and learn the story behind Australia’s unofficial national anthem at the Waltzing Matilda Centre. Dinner tonight will be at Harry’s Restaurant.
DAY 6: THURSDAY – DEPART LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Guests on GET5 will conclude their tour after breakfast with a complimentary transfer to your homeward bound connections. Guests on GET7 will join the Spirit of the Outback for a first class overnight rail journey back to Brisbane. Overnight Spirit of the Outback First Class Rail Sleeper (GET7 guests only)
DAY 7: FRIDAY – ARRIVE BRISBANE (B)
Guests on GET7 will arrive in Brisbane at 11.55am.
dates & pricing
|Price 1 Apr 2018 – 31 Oct 2018||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Longreach to Longreach GET5||$1599pp||$1949pp|
|Price||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Brisbane to Brisbane GET7||$2077 (QPCV)#
2018 DEPARTURE DATES:
Departing Longreach (GET5):
2018: 22 July; 12 August; 26 August; 02 September; 09 September; 07 October; 21 October; 28 October
Departing Brisbane (GET7):
2018: 21 July; 11 August; 25 August; 01 September; 08 September; 06 October; 20 October; 27 October;
- #QPCV – Queensland Pension Concession Rail vouchers (4).
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Rail subject to availability
- Rail price based on return fares travelling from Brisbane to Longreach & Longreach to Brisbane on the Spirit of the Outback in First Class Sleepers
Highlights & inclusions
- Wellshot Hotel Dinner, Ilfracombe
- Longreach School of Distance Education Tour
- Qantas Founders Museum Jets Tour
- Fully licenced Drover’s Sunset Cruise on the MV Explorer
- Table Service Campfire Dinner at Smithy’s Outback Dinner & Show
- Strathmore Station Smoko Tour
- Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame and Outback Stockman’s Show*
- Camden Park Station Sunset Tour & Exclusive Qantas Founders Museum Dinner
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs Laboratory, Collection Room Tour & Dinosaur Canyon
- Winton Town Tour including a Tour of Waltzing Matilda Centre
- All motel en suite accommodation
- Travel by quality touring vehicle
- Savannah Guides Master Operator driver/guide
- Most meals
- Entries/activities as per itinerary
- Longreach accommodation arrival/departure transfers
- Return First Class Overnight Rail between Brisbane & Longreach – GET7 only