DAY 1: SATURDAY – Depart Brisbane (D)
Guests on GET7 will depart Brisbane on the Spirit of the Outback at 1.55pm for a first class overnight rail journey to Longreach.
DAY 2: SUNDAY – LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Welcome to Longreach where you will receive a warm Outback greeting by our Outback Aussie Tour Manager and a courtesy transfer to our accommodation. Guests on GET5 will join the tour after lunch today. Late afternoon, experience the excitement of the Outback Stockman’s Dinner & Show at the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame. 4 nights Longreach Motor Inn, Longreach
DAY 3: MONDAY – LONGREACH (B,D)
Witness a ‘totally different way of schooling’ at Longreach School of Distance Education where you will walk in the footsteps of the students and teachers who share a classroom more than twice the size of Victoria! Wander the Qantas Founders Museum and step inside the 747 and 707 jets on a guided interpretive tour. Late afternoon, board the MV. Explorer for the Drover’s Sunset Cruise on the Thomson River. Unwind with on-board nibbles and drinks, watching a magnificent Outback sunset. Enjoy a 2 course table-service dinner under the stars as you watch the entertaining Smithy’s Outback Dinner and Show.
DAY 4: TUESDAY – LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Be prepared to be impressed with the changing landscapes as we travel from Longreach to Winton. We visit the Australian Age of Dinosaurs perched on a magnificent mesa overlooking the plains where dinosaurs once roamed! Onsite, we are treated to a top-class interpretive tour of the laboratory, collection room and the new Dinosaur Canyon by Dinosaur enthusiasts. Tour Winton, see the quirky Arno’s Wall, the Musical Fence and learn the story behind Australia’s unofficial national anthem at the Waltzing Matilda Centre. After returning to Longreach, we will take a short drive to Ilfracombe for dinner at the historic Wellshot Hotel.
DAY 5: WEDNESDAY – LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Visit the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame to discover the inspiring stories of the men, women and children living in and pioneering Outback Queensland, then enjoy an exclusive lunch at Dr Barry Yeates Memorial Cottage. Late afternoon, experience the warm hospitality of local graziers on our Camden Park Station Sunset Tour including dinner under the spectacular Outback night sky.
DAY 6: THURSDAY – DEPART LONGREACH (B,L,D)
Guests on GET5 will conclude their tour after breakfast with a complimentary transfer to your homeward bound connections. Guests on GET7 will join the Spirit of the Outback for a first class overnight rail journey back to Brisbane.
DAY 7: FRIDAY – ARRIVE BRISBANE (B)
Guests on GET7 will arrive in Brisbane at 11.55am.
dates & pricing
|Price 1 Apr 2018 – 31 Oct 2018||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Longreach to Longreach GET5||$1599pp||$1949pp|
|Price||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Brisbane to Brisbane GET7||$2077 (QPCV)#
|Price 1 Nov 2018 – 31 Mar 2019||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Longreach to Longreach GET5||$1499pp||$1859pp|
|Price||Twin Share||Sole Use|
|Brisbane to Brisbane GET7||$1977 (QPCV)#
2018 DEPARTURE DATES:
Departing Longreach (GET5):
2018: 08 April; 15 April; 22 April; 13 May; 20 May; 27 May; 03 June; 24 June; 08 July; 22 July; 12 August; 26 August; 02 September; 09 September; 07 October; 21 October; 28 October; 04 November; 11 November; 18 November; 25 November; 02 December; 09 December; 16 December
2019: 13 January; 20 January; 27 January; 03 February; 10 February; 17 February; 24 February; 03 March; 10 March; 17 March; 24 March
Departing Brisbane (GET7):
2018: 07 April; 14 April; 21 April; 12 May; 19 May; 26 May; 02 June; 23 June; 07 July; 21 July; 11 August; 25 August; 01 September; 08 September; 06 October; 20 October; 27 October; 03 November; 10 November; 17 November; 24 November; 01 December; 08 December; 15 December
2019: 12 January; 19 January; 26 January; 02 February; 09 February; 16 February; 23 February; 02 March; 09 March; 16 March; 23 March
- EARLY EMU DEAL for 2018 Departures**: Valid on all April and October 2018 departures only. Save $150 per couple ($75 per person) for bookings made and deposited before 31 December 2017
- #QPCV – Queensland Pension Concession Rail vouchers (4).
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Rail subject to availability
- Rail price based on return fares travelling from Brisbane to Longreach & Longreach to Brisbane on the Spirit of the Outback in First Class Sleepers
Highlights & inclusions
- Outback Stockmans Dinner and Show
- Longreach School of Distance Education Tour
- Qantas Founders Museum Jets Tour and Entry
- Fully licenced Drover’s Sunset Cruise on the MV Exporer
- Table service campfire dinner at Smithy’s Outback Dinner & Live Show
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs Laboratory, Collection Room Tour & Dinosaur Canyon
- Winton Town Tour including a Tour of Waltzing Matilda Centre
- Ilfracombe Tour and Wellshot Hotel Dinner
- Australian Stockmans Hall of Fame Entry
- Camden Park Station Sunset Dinner Tour
- All motel ensuite accommodation
- Travel by quality touring vehicle
- Master Operator Driver/Guide
- Most meals (4 Continental Breakfasts; 4 Dinners, 2 Lunches)
- Entries/activities as specified in itinerary
- Longreach accommodation arrival/departure transfers
- Return first class rail between Brisbane & Longreach – GET7 only