DAY 1: ARRIVE SYDNEY (D)
Arrive in Sydney where you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours Guide aboard the Celebrity Solstice. Meet your travelling companions at dinner.
Overnight Celebrity Solstice Port Times Depart at 18:30
DAY 2: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Relax and enjoy the comforts of this stunning superliner. While at sea enjoy the onboard facilities, world-class cuisine and the entertainment not to mention your deluxe balcony cabin.
DAY 3: MELBOURNE (B,L,D)
Arrive into Melbourne, where a short tram ride will take you into the city. Melbourne‘s eclectic dining scene offers an array of the world’s great cuisine’s. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 18:00
DAY 4 – 5: CRUISING (B,L,D)
Cruise across the Tasman Sea to the Land of the Long White Cloud.
DAY 6: MILFORD, DOUBTFUL & DUSKY SOUNDS (B,L,D)
Sail into the narrow fiords of Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds. Your ship will seem to shrink in comparison to the towering cliffs topped by lush mountain terrain. Scenic cruising.
DAY 7: DUNEDIN (B,L,D)
Situated on the magnificent Otago coastline, explore Dunedin’s historic architecture and beautiful botanic gardens. Port Times Arrive 09:00 Depart 19:00
DAY 8: AKAROA (B,L,D)
Nestled in the heart of an ancient volcano, Akaroa is rich with beautiful bays and home to the rarest and smallest marine dolphin. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 18:00
DAY 9: WELLINGTON (B,L,D)
Locals are particularly proud of the National Museum of New Zealand – Te Papa Tongarewa. Loosely translated as ‘our place’ from the native Maori tongue, the museum is one of the world’s largest and most progressive (optional). Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 18:00
DAY 10:CRUISING (B,L,D)
Enjoy a quiet refuge by day, gazing over the sea with a cocktail in hand.
DAY 11: BAY OF ISLANDS (B,L,D)
The beaches in this region are considered some of the world’s finest with their perfect white sand and crystal-clear water. Port Times Arrive 07:00 Depart 18:00
DAY 12: TAURANGA (B,L,D)
Known as the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga is located at the entrance to one of the largest natural harbours in New Zealand. Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 19:00
DAY 13: ARRIVE AUCKLAND – CITY SIGHTS TOUR (B)
This morning arrive into the beautiful ‘City of Sails’, Auckland. Disembark the ship, meet your Coach Captain and enjoy an informative city tour which includes the Auckland Domain, Parnell Rose Garden and Bastion Point. This afternoon includes a visit to Sky Tower at your leisure, one of New Zealand’s most spectacular attractions. Hotel Skycity Hotel
DAY 14: AUCKLAND – QUEENSTOWN (B)
Today board a local flight to the resort town of Queenstown, located in the South Island. Meet your South Island Coach Captain and enjoy a tour of historic Arrowtown before arriving at your hotel. Hotel Millennium Queenstown (2 nights)
DAY 15: QUEENSTOWN (FREE DAY) (B,SD)
Today is a free day. There are plenty of sightseeing options and your Tour Guide and Coach Captain are available to assist. You may wish to enjoy the thrill of a jet boat ride, a heritage tour of the scenic Skippers Canyon or to get up close to a Kiwi bird. This evening board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak Station. Sit back, relax and enjoy a gourmet barbecue dinner which the chef will prepare in front of you at the Colonel’s Homestead. After dinner enjoy a short farm tour then reboard the TSS Earnslaw for a sing along by the piano as you cruise back to Queenstown.
DAY 16: QUEENTOWN – FRANZ JOSEF (B,D)
Depart Queenstown and travel via the Haast Pass to the West Coast, an area of stunning beauty. See the snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps as you travel north to Fox Glacier. Continue to Franz Josef where is time available (weather permitting) to experience a scenic flight (optional) over the spectacular glaciers. Hotel Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier (Douglas Wing) or similar
DAY 17: FRANZ JOSEF – ARTHUR’S PASS – CHRISTCHURCH (B,D)
Travel to Hokitika and visit the Greenstone Factory. Continue to Arthur’s Pass and board the TranzAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world. Descend through spectacular gorges, river valleys and over massive viaducts before completing your journey at Christchurch. Hotel Sudima Christchurch Airport Hotel (2 nights)
DAY 18: CHRISTCHURCH SIGHTSEEING (B,SD)
Today visit the International Antarctic Centre, designed to provide an informative account of life in Antarctica. This is followed by an introductory city tour of Christchurch which includes a journey on board one of the beautifully restored heritage trams through the city centre. This afternoon enjoy time at leisure before returning to your hotel. This evening enjoy a farewell dinner with your new found friends.
DAY 19: DEPART CHRISTCHURCH (B)
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
(B) Breakfast. (L) Lunch. (D) Dinner. (SD) Specialty Dinner
dates & pricing
|From||Tour including airfare||Prepaid taxes||Total Per Person Twin Share||Departs 2019|
- REEF N OUTBACK SPECIAL – SAVE $100 PER PERSON OFF ADVERTISED TOUR PRICE
- Prices per person twin share
- Land only $5989pp (no flights)
- Single supplement add $2900
- Prices are in Australian Dollars. **Prepaid taxes are subject to change. Exact amounts will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Fully escorted includes airfares^, taxes, luxury cruise, modern coach travel, 4 star hotel accommodation, most meals, sightseeing, attractions + BONUS US$50 onboard credit per stateroom on the Celebrity Solstice.
Highlights & inclusions
- Tour Guide
- Internal flight from Auckland to Queenstown^
- Return flight to homeport from Christchurch^
- Hotel to airport transfer in Christchurch, Day 19
- GST (Goods & Services tax)
- Port taxes
- Comprehensive Documentation Pack
- Note: The airfare and transfer to Sydney on Day 1 to join the cruise is not included. Please make own arrangements.
CELEBRITY SOLSTICE CRUISE (DAY 1 – 12)
- BONUS US$50 onboard credit per stateroom
- Deluxe Balcony Cabin
- Group meet & greet + welcome dinner
- World-class dining in a range of unique venues (Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily)
- Awesome entertainment
- Inspiring activities such as cooking classes and wine tasting
- Ports of call:
- Sydney / Melbourne, free time to explore
- Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sound, Fiordland National Park
- Dunedin, Edinburgh of the South
- Akaroa, French inspired village
- Wellington, Coolest Little Capital
- Bay of Islands
- Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- Auckland, ‘City of Sails’
- Gratuities on board
SCENIC COACH TOUR (DAY 13 – 19)
- Professional Coach Captain
- Modern coach travel with 2 door access, restroom, reclining seats and panoramic windows
- 6 nights four star hotel accommodation
- 2 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 6 cooked breakfasts
- 4 sumptuous dinners including 2 specialty dinners: Walter Peak Homestead, Queenstown; Farewell dinner, Christchurch
PRE PAID ATTRACTIONS
- Sky Tower
- Cruise Lake Wakatipu on the TSS Earnslaw
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- International Antarctic Centre
- Christchurch Tram Pass
- City sights tour of Auckland & Christchurch