DAY 1 Thursday – Arrive Oahu, Hawaii (Meals in flight, D)
Departing with Hawaiian Airlines at 9.40pm from Brisbane International Airport, we cross the dateline and arrive in Honolulu, Oahu at 11.15am. Enjoy a warm Hawaiian ‘Aloha’ Lei greeting before being transferred to our hotel situated on famous Waikiki Beach. Upon arrival, we leave our luggage with reception and explore not too far away before we regroup at 2pm to officially check-in to our oceanfront rooms. Rest up or enjoy an afternoon of leisure exploring world famous Waikiki Beach. 2 Night Stay: Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, Honolulu
DAY 2 Friday – Polynesian Cultural Center (B,D)
Breakfast at your leisure and the morning off for you to recover from the international flight and time difference. Departing our hotel at approximately 11.30am we make our way to the Polynesian Cultural Center. With Super Ambassador tickets, we experience Polynesia in VIP fashion! Our ultimate package features extras including Kukui nut lei greeting, Go Native activities, exclusive canoe ride, Ali’i Luau dinner buffet, private ‘behind the scenes’ tour and front two rows (middle section) at ‘HA: Breath of Life’ show. **Lunch at own expense today before departing to Cultural Center as night concludes at 9.30pm.
DAY 3 Saturday – Explore Oahu, Board Pride of America (B,L,D)
Exploring the island of Oahu today, our first stop takes us to Diamond Head, a 350-acre crater left behind by a now extinct volcano. From here we take in Hanauma Bay, a marine nature reserve, then on to the Halona Blowhole, a rock formation on the coast that creates impressive explosion-like sprays of water. Driving into the hills to Nu’uanu Pali, we overlook panoramic vistas of both Kanehoe and Kailua Bay. We continue to the island interior stopping at the Dole Plantation to sample some fresh pineapple. Our day ends with us boarding the Pride of America, the only cruise itinerary sailing to all 4 Hawaiian Islands. Port destinations during the cruise voyage offer a variety of optional onshore excursions* (at additional cost) which can be booked onboard at the tours desk with cruise staff. Each evening in the Liberty Restaurant, a dinner reservation for the group to diner together is reserved (you are welcome to dine at one of the other specialty restaurants at your own expense). 7 Night Stay: Pride of America Cruise Ship
DAY 4 Sunday – Maui (B,L,D)
Today we sail into beautiful Kahului, Maui offering a surplus of natural splendour. The genuine hospitality of the island’s people has helped to make Maui Hawaii’s second most popular island. Explore the fascinating history of the town of Lahaina or plant yourself on a pristine beach and just relax. Anchorage overnight: Kahului, Maui
DAY 5 Monday – Merry Christmas! (B,L,D)
Merry Christmas! After a festive breakfast together, a day of leisure awaits for you to either join in the many on-board activities or step ashore on Maui. This evening we gather for dinner in one of the specialty restaurants onboard for a sensational Christmas dinner celebration. We set sail at 6pm for overnight cruising to Hilo.
DAY 6 Tuesday – Hilo (B,L,D)
We dock at Hilo this morning at 8am and this entire city is like one giant greenhouse with spectacular tropical flowers at every turn. Just 30 miles away, the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is the home of the active Kilauea Volcano. Enjoy a full day in Hilo, we set sail at 6pm for overnight cruising to Kona.
DAY 7 Wednesday – Kona (B,L,D)
Arriving in Kona we get to experience the quintessential Hawaii experience of sunny, warm weather and crystal blue waters. Snorkel amongst a kaleidoscope of tropical marine life or partake in an optional onshore excursion* to either visit a coffee plantation, take a historic Kona Tour or explore Kona by land and sea viewing historic temples and battlefields from a catamaran. Enjoy a full day in Kona, then we set sail at 5:30pm for overnight cruising to Kauai.
DAY 8/9 Thursday/Friday – Kauai (B,L,D)
We dock at Nawillwill, Kauai mid-morning for two days. Named after the Wiliwili trees, which once lined its picturesque harbour, this lovely port is your gateway to what many believe to be Hawaii’s most beautiful island. On ‘The Garden Island’, nature is truly the star, from the dramatic mountains of Kokee to the cool rainforests of Haena. Optional onshore excursions* offer tours to Kilohana Plantation Estate or Luau Kalamaku for a Hawaiian cultural extravaganza. Relax with overnight anchorage at Nawillwill, Kauai then setting sail again on Friday at 2pm for overnight cruising to Honolulu.
DAY 10 Saturday – Honolulu, Pearl Harbour, Waikiki (B,L,D)
Disembarking the Pride of America Cruise ship after breakfast, we begin the ultimate Pearl Harbor experience. Visit the site which is home to a variety of artefacts documenting the infamous attack that precipitated the entry of the United States into WWII. We board a US Navy boat for a transfer to the USS Arizona Memorial. The national monument sits over submerged remnants of the ship’s mid-section, as we learn about the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Next onto the USS Missouri for an in-depth guided tour of one of the most famous American battleships in history. Our afternoon takes us back to Waikiki via historic sites of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl, King Kamehameaha Statue and Lolani Palace. Check-in to our oceanfront rooms in time to freshen up for our surprise Farewell to Hawaii dinner and show this evening. 1 Night Stay: Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, Honolulu.
DAY 11 Sunday – Depart Honolulu (B,Meals in flight)
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and last-minute shopping this morning before we transfer by coach to Honolulu International Airport to depart with Hawaiian Airlines at 1:30pm homeward bound to Brisbane.
DAY 12 Monday – Arrive Brisbane (Meals in flight)
In-flight we cross the international date line for an arrival into Brisbane at 7:40pm.
dates & pricing
- Non-refundable deposit of $1200pp required to secure your reservation.
- Tour price on board Pride of America is based in Mid-Ship Balcony staterooms.
- Cabins will be allocated at the discretion of the cruise ship.
- Booking numbers will be available to passengers 2 months prior to sailing for the purpose of reserving onshore excursions.
- Tour price excludes sundries, tips/gratuities for beverage and porterage services, individual tipping at your own discretion, and Pride of America Cruise onshore excursions.
- Tour price is subject to change due to currency fluctuations and fuel levies applicable to services.
- Bathroom amenities in accommodation on components of this tour will be shower located over bath.
- Australian passport holders minimum validity for travel must be 6 months from date of return to Australia with the ability to obtain prior to travel an entry visa to USA.
- Non-Australian passport citzens are required to seek independent advice for passport validity and entry visa, and arrange prior to arrival in USA.
- Due to international terms & conditions, balance of payment for this tour will be required prior to 1 September 2017 and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit.
- Tour passengers will require a clearance letter from their local GP for travel.
- FITNESS LEVEL – A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up
to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings & walk through soft sand
• Getting on and off transportation multiple times unaided