DAY 1 Monday – Brisbane to Nadi, Fiji (D)
Depart on Virgin Australia from Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney Airport to arrive at Nadi International Airport. After clearing Fiji’s immigration and customs, we will be greeted with a traditional Fijian – Ni sa Bula’ welcome. Board our coach for a transfer to the luxury Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa overlooking the sandy shores of Denarau Island. We check-in to Superior Oceanside Rooms and begin to unwind. Tonight, we gather in-house at the resort’s signature V Restaurant to enjoy a welcome dinner. 3 Night Stay: Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, Denarau Island
DAY 2 Tuesday – Nadi Touring (B,L,D)
Depart for a tour of Nadi Town and cultural area’s visiting Sri Siva Subramaniya Hindu Temple and the Garden of the Sleeping Giant – the most spectacular garden in Fiji. We continue on to Viseisei Village, the first village to be set up by the first Fijian arrivals. Our afternoon takes us to the Sabeto Hot Mudpools to bathe in the natural therapeutic mud and hot spring pools. Dinner tonight is in-house at The Lagoon Restaurant for Fijian Feast Night.
DAY 3 Wednesday – Cooking School (B,L,D)
Today we test our culinary skills, as we discover how to cook and create authentic Fijian home-style dishes, at a visit to Flavours of Fiji Cooking School. Here we will share in the Fijian love of local food, learn about Fijian culture and enjoy a special unique culinary experience together. Our group will split and alternate, to tour the local market of inspiring ingredients for our cooking adventure, whilst the remainder of the group learns to cook mouth-watering Fijian and Indo-Fijian dishes. Dinner tonight will be in-house at Salt Restaurant, with its water edge alfresco dining location.
DAY 4 Thursday – Sigatoka (B,L,D)
We check-out this morning and travel south enjoying panoramic views of the Viti Levu Coral Coastline into the famous “Salad Bowl of Fiji – Sigatoka area”. We stop for a visit at a local school, to enjoy talking with the local children of Fiji. This is a chance to donate small gifts from Australia, if you wish, to children who are often underprivileged. Next we visit Lawai Pottery village for a village tour and kava ceremony. Our afternoon takes us further south to the Coral Coast where we check-in to our resort which is set oceanfront, staying in Superior Resort View Rooms overlooking lush tropical gardens. Dinner tonight is in-house, set by the crystal blue ocean lagoon at the Sundowner Bar & Grill Restaurant. 4 Night Stay: Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, Sigatoka
DAY 5 Friday – Suva tour (B,L,D)
This morning we depart for our tour of the Capital of Fiji – Suva. We visit the Fiji Museum & Thurston Gardens, giving us an insight into Fiji’s history. We view the sights of Fiji’s President’s House, University of the South Pacific, Government House, Parliament House and Suva Market. Lunch today is at the century old icon of the South Pacific – The Grand Pacific Hotel Suva. We travel back to the hotel via the scenic coastline, bordered by undulating vegetated hills and the deep blue of the South Pacific Ocean. Dinner tonight is a themed in-house experience of A Night in Italy at Vale Ni Kana Restaurant.
DAY 6 Saturday – Kula Eco Park, Fijian Night dinner and Meke show (B,L,D)
A sleep in this morning before we take a short walk to Kula Eco Park, home to the world’s largest captive breeding centre for Fiji’s rare Crested Iguanas. Wander the forest boardwalks and get up close & personal with the wild side of Fiji meeting the local parrots, iguanas, turtles and more. Take time out this afternoon as we return to the resort for free time to relax in the exquisite seaside setting. Enjoy a Fijian Night dinner and Meke show this evening at Vale Ni Kana Restaurant.
DAY 7 Sunday – Free day (B,D)
Today in Fiji, is typically known as “a religious day of rest for the Fijians”, as they connect with their local communities and their faiths. We too, will enjoy the day of rest and relaxation around the resort or immersing yourself in the ever changing resort activities on offer. (lunch own expense today). This evening, we will gather at the resort’s signature Ivi Restaurant, adjacent to the property’s 100-year-old Ivi tree. Here we will experience a Fijian intimate fine dining experience of pacific continental cuisine.
DAY 8 Monday – Board Blue Lagoon’s Fiji Princess Cruise (B,L,D)
After check-out we depart north for Port Denarau Marina where we board a high speed catamaran and transferred to Sacred Island to receive a big “Bula” welcome to our boutique cruise ship. Here we unpack once as we are shown to our Orchid Deck Staterooms, aboard our floating hotel for the next 4 nights. Enjoy a leisurely lunch, followed by an afternoon of swimming, snorkelling or just relaxing as we anchor in Yalobi Bay overnight. Enjoy a daily stocked mini bar of standard beer, wine, soft drinks and water. Tonight, gather to enjoy the Captain’s Welcome Dinner in the dining saloon. 4 Night Stay: Blue Lagoon’s Fiji Princess Cruise
DAY 9 Tuesday – Blue Lagoon (B,L,D)
Wake to the sounds of the sea and laze on the sun deck as we cruise north past several of the larger Yasawa Islands on our way to the famed Blue Lagoon. This afternoon we have time for the activities of snorkelling, glass bottom boat coral viewing or just wandering along the secluded beach. Later enjoy happy hour with canapes served on shore from the beach bar. Tonight we dine under the stars on the beach feasting on a traditional Fijian Lovo meal cooked underground. Following dinner, we join the festivities of Fijian Meke, singing, dancing and storytelling by local villagers. Anchorage overnight: Nanuya Lai Lai, The Blue Lagoon.
DAY 10 Wednesday – Sawa-I-Lau Island, Tamusua Bay, Yasawa Island (B,L,D)
This morning, many activities are on offer, from a guided island walk visiting Lo’s Tea House and the shell market, to joining a guided snorkelling safari or watching a basket weaving demonstration. After lunch, anchor up as we make our way to our next destination, the mystical island of Sawa-I-Lau. On arrival, we set off to visit the Sawa-I-Lau Caves and explore ancient limestone formations carved by constant wave action. This evening for dinner, we join the local villagers of Tamusua and are welcomed with a Yaqona Ceremony, where we walk around the village and share a Fijian village style ‘feast’ prepared and cooked by the local village women. We return to the Fiji Princess for a movie night on deck. Anchorage overnight: just off Tamusua Bay, Yasawa Island
DAY 11 Thursday – Drawaqa Island (B,L,D)
We cruise out of the bay south to the tranquil Drawaqa Island, home to one of the giants of the ocean, the majestic Manta Rays. On-board a marine biologist will provide an informative talk about the local fish and marine life in the area. Conditions permitting, we join a guided ‘Reef Snorkelling Safari’ to see the prolific corals, clams and marine life. If getting wet is not your thing, visit a local village school and mingle with the volunteers at work. Dinner this evening, a barbecue served under the Yasawa stars. Anchorage overnight: Drawaqa Island
DAY 12 Friday – End of Cruise, Flights home (B)
Farewell Fiji breakfast, as we cruise back to Port Denarau Marina. Disembarking from the cruise we transfer to Fiji Gateway Nadi Hotel, for comfort and relaxation poolside, as we wait for our homeward bound flights (lunch own expense today). We bid Ni sa moce to Fiji, as we walk (100 metres) across to the Nadi International Airport for check-in to our afternoon Virgin Australia flights back to Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney.
B = Full Breakfast MT = Morning Tea L = Lunch AT = Afternoon Tea D = Two Course Dinner
dates & pricing
|Twin Share||Sole Use||Departs 2017|
- Non-refundable deposit required to secure booking $2000pp
- Tour price is based in Orchid Deck Outside Staterooms on-board Blue Lagoon’s Fiji Princess Ship. Staterooms will be allocated at the discretion of the Cruise Ship.
- Tour Price excludes Tips/Gratuities and sundries.
- Tour Price is subject to change due to currency fluctuations and fuel levies applicable to services.
- Tour Bathroom Amenities in accommodation on components of this tour will be shower located over bath.
- Australian Passport Holders minimum validity for travel must be 6 months from date of return to Australia. Non-Australian Passport Holders are responsible to seek independent advice regarding Passport Validity, Entry Visa and ensure all is correct prior to travel to Fiji.
- Due to international terms & conditions, balance of payment for this tour will be required 100 days prior to departure and at this time 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and it is recommended that it be purchased at time of paying deposit. Tour
- Passengers will require a clearance letter from their local GP
- A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:-
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up
to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings & walk through soft sand
• Getting on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage your own luggage
Highlights & inclusions
- Virgin Australia return economy flights ex Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne to Nadi
- Hosted from Brisbane with an experienced Fun Over 50 hostess
- Australia and Fiji Departure Tax
- 3 nights Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa – Denarau Island
- Sri Siva Subramani Hindu Temple
- Garden of the Sleeping Giant
- Viseisei Village, Sabeto Hot Mudpools
- Flavours of Fiji Cooking Class & Market Tour
- Sigatoka, local school visit
- Lawai Pottery Village for village tour & kava ceremony
- 4 nights Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Coral Coast
- Fijian themed dinner & Fiji Meke Show
- Suva City Tour, Kula Eco Park
- 4 night Blue Lagoon Fiji Princess Cruise in an outside Orchid Deck stateroom with daily stocked minibar
- Traditional Fijian Lovo with Fijian Meke
- Guided Island Walk, Lo’s Tea Shop, shell market
- Sawa-I-Lau Island Limestone Caves, Tamusua Village & Yaqona Ceremony
- Tamausua Bay, Yasawa Island
- Drawaqa Island
- Guided reef snorkelling safari
- 31 meals